It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump is truly an evil human being. And he’s at the leadership of one of the most powerful countries in history.

Trump is also likely some kind of prophetic super evil figure, predicted in ancient scriptures, and by Nostradamus, you know like the beast of the apocalypse, an anti-Christ figure, a major evil doer of immense proportions, which may end up( God forbid) on a par with Hitler, Stalin, Mao. At least, on a level of the American historical and present reprobates like Robert E. Lee, Benedict Arnold, Charles Manson, and Timothy McVey….His name will go down with these kinds of morally offensive people.

Just because there are many deceived and deluded people, like the republican party, who actually don’t see the evil in Trump doesn’t mean anything, since evildoers like Hitler were at the time of his most vile acts heralded by millions of Germans.

We can only hope one day those that enable Trump will see the light and come out of the of their delusion

BWAAAA, that is a good one.
Such fake outrage.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

From the context, I'm not so sure Trump was actually calling Puerto Ricans lazy so much as he was accusing the mayor and others of incompetence and poor leadership.... in other words, that the leaders refuse (or are unable) to coordinate and organize the people in order to help themselves. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's even worse than that. Specifically, that the mayor and/or others are actually hindering and impeding the federal efforts for -- of course -- cheap political points.

In which case, it's not Trump "who would kick millions of suffering people when they're down, people he swore to serve to the best of his ability."

I want to know what the mayor is and isn't doing, and has and hasn't done, before I make any judgment calls here.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Gothmog

maybe someone who knows a little about screen printed who has all their money in their unaccessable bank account decided to print some up and peddle them to those who had money so he could walk all day to buy a loaf of bread and whatever else he could find to feed his family???
or maybe like someone suggested, cnn brought in some to hand out to people...

Wait, I thought they had no power, how can stores sell food, how are they storing food with no power and I thought nothing was getting through to the people?

You honestly thought there was 0 power on the island?

May I ask, do you think you could walk from one end of Puerto Rico to the other in couple of hours?

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
To all those endorsing Trumps stupidity and hollow hogwash. Pride and arrogance will come before falling, deep and relentlessly

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Trump is truly an evil human being. And he’s at the leadership of one of the most powerful countries in history.

Trump is also likely some kind of prophetic super evil figure, predicted in ancient scriptures, and by Nostradamus, you know like the beast of the apocalypse, an anti-Christ figure, a major evil doer of immense proportions, which may end up( God forbid) on a par with Hitler, Stalin, Mao. At least, on a level of the American historical and present reprobates like Robert E. Lee, Benedict Arnold, Charles Manson, and Timothy McVey….His name will go down with these kinds of morally offensive people.

Just because there are many deceived and deluded people, like the republican party, who actually don’t see the evil in Trump doesn’t mean anything, since evildoers like Hitler were at the time of his most vile acts heralded by millions of Germans.

We can only hope one day those that enable Trump will see the light and come out of the of their delusion

Quick prediction. . . you probably won't be voting for him in 2020.

I'll just sit back and watch the recovery efforts myself, since I'm not in charge of anything.

But I'm just wondering what everyone else things should be done?

If not enough is being done, and by that I mean that everyone here knows everything about what is being done, then what do you big-hearted geniuses think should be done?

link   

maybe someone who knows a little about screen printed who has all their money in their unaccessable bank account decided to print some up and peddle them to those who had money so he could walk all day to buy a loaf of bread and whatever else he could find to feed his family???

Wait, I thought they had no power, how can stores sell food, how are they storing food with no power and I thought nothing was getting through to the people?

It is possible to prepare screens using only sunshine ....

link   
a reply to: Peeple

Let's set aside the issue of his timing for attacking the Mayor of San Juan and a nebulous group, identified only as "others," that he seems to always include in his statements — from what I've been seeing/reading, it looks as though the people are doing what they can to help one another.

If the point he was trying to make was about failed leadership at the local level, there are countless better ways of phrasing his statements that would have made that point clear.

"cannot get their workers to help" would seem to imply that "workers" are not helping? We can agree on that, right? Furthermore, if you were to say that you can't get somebody to do something, wouldn't you agree that in most cases, you'd be implying that you'd met with some sort of resistance?

So what I take it to mean is that the Mayor and "others" (I assume local officials) aren't able to compel people into action, not that they're doing a poor job of management of resources.

In the next line, "They want everything done for them when it should be a community effort," let's stipulate that by "they" he was referring to the Mayor of San Juan and local officials.

That in of itself is problematic because San Juan is only about 10% of the population and he's making statements about the "others" who are the political leadership of the other 90% of the island. But more importantly, he's not saying that the community efforts are being stymied by failed leadership, he's implying that none or happening.

In other words, that somehow, because the mayor and these "others" are waiting for the federal government to step in, their constituents are also sitting around waiting.

And not to get lost looking at all for meaning in all these trees and miss the forest, we wouldn't even be having to discuss our various interpretations of the President's tweets if he hadn't decided to fire off these tweets in the first place. Even if we go with the most Trump-friendly interpretation, is it really what the President should choose to say in these circumstances?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Trump is truly an evil human being.

Agree.

He should be less evil and instead funnel relief money away from Puerto Rico to his corporate bed buddies like Hillary did in Haiti. Then he'll truly be praised and loved for his humanity.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

You honestly thought there was 0 power on the island?

May I ask, do you think you could walk from one end of Puerto Rico to the other in couple of hours?

Lol, yea and I also believe that if everyone was on one side of the island it would flip upside down.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi
To all those endorsing Trumps stupidity and hollow hogwash. Pride and arrogance will come before falling, deep and relentlessly

How many times have you skinned your knees?

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Trump has reached the bottom of the barrel. His racism is coming out clearly here.

The ATS, Trump butt licking goon squad had been awakened, as usual, in defending the indefensible. It’s disgusting.

As well, blatant racist comments amongst them, but this is the kind of hatred Trump has ignited onto the American public discourse.

Trump is abhorrent and evil and one of the worst phenomenons in American history.

Apparently they feel very safe being openly racists to Puerto Ricans.

Trump gives them cover and brings out the worst in people.

It’s a vicious cycle…

Trump’s clueless defenders enable his worst instincts, and he in turn brings out the worst in them

Everyone's just so mean! Lol.

Let's get back to being peace-loving individuals and attack an immigrant woman for he shoes, because....we're all so kind.

I don’t think you can compare the sordid leadership skills of one who casts aspersions on his own citizens when they are in dire straights of life or death, versus a commentary on the shoes of a person.

link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius

It is possible to prepare screens using only sunshine ....

Awesome, it still a waste of time when one could be using that energy to get people to clean up the streets faster.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Trump A POLITICIAN is truly an evil human being. And he's THEY at the leadership of one of the most powerful countries in history.

Trump A POLITICIAN is also likely some kind of prophetic super evil figure, predicted in ancient scriptures, and by Nostradamus, you know like the beast of the apocalypse, an anti-Christ figure, a major evil doer of immense proportions, which may end up( God forbid) on a par with Hitler, Stalin, Mao. At least, on a level of the American historical and present reprobates like Robert E. Lee, Benedict Arnold, Charles Manson, and Timothy McVey….His THEIR name will go down with these kinds of morally offensive people.

Just because there are many deceived and deluded people, like the republican party ALL POLITICAL PARTIES, who actually don’t see the evil in Trump OUR CURRENT POLITICS doesn’t mean anything, since evildoers like Hitler were at the time of his most vile acts heralded by millions of Germans.

We can only hope one day those that enable Trump THESE POLITICIANS will see the light and come out of the of their delusion

Maybe this type of thinking will help us start in the correct position?

link   

Trump is truly an evil human being.

Agree.

He should be less evil and instead funnel relief money away from Puerto Rico to his corporate bed buddies like Hillary did in Haiti. Then he'll truly be praised and loved for his humanity.

You see there you go with political bickering and people’s lives are at stake.

I don’t have to say, two wrongs don’t make a right

link   

Trump has reached the bottom of the barrel. His racism is coming out clearly here.

The ATS, Trump butt licking goon squad had been awakened, as usual, in defending the indefensible. It’s disgusting.

As well, blatant racist comments amongst them, but this is the kind of hatred Trump has ignited onto the American public discourse.

Trump is abhorrent and evil and one of the worst phenomenons in American history.

Apparently they feel very safe being openly racists to Puerto Ricans.

Trump gives them cover and brings out the worst in people.

It’s a vicious cycle…

Trump’s clueless defenders enable his worst instincts, and he in turn brings out the worst in them

Everyone's just so mean! Lol.

Let's get back to being peace-loving individuals and attack an immigrant woman for he shoes, because....we're all so kind.

I don’t think you can compare the sordid leadership skills of one who casts aspersions on his own citizens when they are in dire straights of life or death, versus a commentary on the shoes of a person.

True.

He could show better leadership and respect to his own citizens and instead of sending ample relief, should instead run guns to the Mexican cartels so they can kill Mexican and US citizens alike with them as Obama did.

edit on 30-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yeah, We're concerned that the mayor's focus is on making a damn t-shirt instead of using that time helping out the infrastructure... It's really not that hard to comprehend unless you're emotional or have an agenda...

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: alexpmi

How many times have you skinned your knees?

Quite so many times. But you know, neither am I that important nor do I influence so many people. My kingdom is rather small

Anyways. Do you, or anyone else really think that Mr. Trumps behaviour is statesmen like, noble, reasonable or acceptable ? What has become of this world I really am stumped and ashamed. Humaness is or has crumbled to pieces. This is not about politics, its about human desaster and compassion. Trump thinks he won't get votes or other benefits out of Puerto Rico, thus he doesn't care in the least
edit on 30-9-2017 by alexpmi because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Thanks, I'll hire you as my editor on my next book

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What isn't being done for the people of Puerto Rico?

Can someone tell me and explain why?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What isn't being done for the people of Puerto Rico?

Can someone tell me and explain why?

The same thing that wasn't done during Katrina by another clueless president Bush

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join