It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Gryphon66

No, it's what the English language says.

Such poor leadership ability by the mayor of San Juan

Unless everyone in PR is a leader he clearly is talking about ... the leaders, who want the Federal government to do it all.

... and what follows that snippet, Oh Cherry Picking One.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well them Texas folks are so out of the fox hole and rolling helping each other ect. PR has been a welfare state so long that they just don't know what to do with themselves.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

"You seem troubled" when someone makes a valid point and you can only respond with BS...typical sanctimonious behavior

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

"You seem troubled" when someone makes a valid point and you can only respond with BS...typical sanctimonious behavior

You seem troubled.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Brilliant comeback

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Brilliant comeback

It was more than adequate to address the nonsense you addressed to me. Who cares what your opinion is of me dude?

Anything on topic? Tangential to the topic? Vaguely reminiscent of the topic? A funny graphic perhaps?

No?

Pfft.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ahhh yes, another propaganda piece to distract from the real issue. Yes, lets focus on a Trump tweet calling out the SJ Mayor instead of why he's calling her out. Funny that people are dying, like her shirt says, but she had time to go and make that shirt.

Meanwhile,

You people are handing Trump 2020.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well them Texas folks are so out of the fox hole and rolling helping each other ect. PR has been a welfare state so long that they just don't know what to do with themselves.

So ... are you saying they're "lazy"?

Some of you guys just can't stay on one side of the argument ... sheesh.

PS, do you know what the phrase Welfare State means? You might check our Constitution before you throw too much sand in that direction.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Wow ... who can argue with two anonymous Facebook posts?

Jesus Christ.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Jesus Christ.

Obviously, you can't. Not without calling people you don't know liars.
edit on 1-10-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Unless everyone in PR is a leader he clearly is talking about ... the leaders, who want the Federal government to do it all.

What follows is an extension of what precedes it, welcome to English Comp 101.

When I say Maria and her BF are stupid they can't get anyone to help them with studying, and they are lazy they just want us to do the work for them .. I am not calling the entire class lazy, just Maria and her BF.

“Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help,” Trump said in a series of tweets. "They want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort. 10,000 Federal workers now on Island doing a fantastic job.”

The subject is the leaders of San Juan and other leaders of PR, it is they who want everything to be done for them. That's basic English, and it's absolutely clear who he is talking about.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: UKTruth

We just assume give up. I myself simply don't understand how people can take something read and turn it around 100% to make it sound like something that was never said. I've tried to break it down, I've tried to spell it out but they're SO DAMN HARD HEADED and ignorant of the words right in front of their faces. I blame education.

There have been many posts here by various people that's explained every single aspect as to why/when/how and they simply don't want to hear it. They'd rather just go with what's easier for them to bash Trump... Comprehension problems galore!

So I give up on them. They can believe what they want. We can just keep scratching our heads in wonder how our education system failed half the country. I mean.. It makes sense to me. It makes sense to others. We can see the proof right there and put our finger on it while they stick theirs in their ears and mutter "Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah... I'm not listening to you"!

*Shrugs*

I don't get it either.

Probably best to leave them to their hatred. It's all getting pretty obvious now. NFL gate backfired on them and now Puerto Rico Gate is backfiring on them too, as the truth comes out it is the mayor and others in the PR, democrat run, hell hole of their govt who have dropped the ball.

Hell, they have had to deal with so much of their propaganda backfiring on them since Trump entered the race for the Presidency, I am kind of impressed they still have the stamina to keep going with the lies.
edit on 1/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

What follows is an extension of what precedes it, welcome to English Comp 101.

When I say Maria and her BF are stupid they can't get anyone to help them with studying, and they are lazy they just want us to do the work for them .. I am not calling the entire class lazy, just Maria and her BF.

“Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help,” Trump said in a series of tweets. "They want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort. 10,000 Federal workers now on Island doing a fantastic job.”

The subject is the leaders of San Juan and other leaders of PR, it is they who want everything to be done for them. That's basic English, and it's absolutely clear who he is talking about.

Its not gonna help, because it boils down to either Trump Derangement Syndrome or paid shillery.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Really they are probably in shock truth be told. But by God man, they don't need no liberal telling them they should wait for any dam thing from any where or that any dam thing is anyones fault. Thats all I am saying.

Lots and lots of work to be done in this Ten Year clean up. I would be as good as anyone if I sent down some hand tools, short wave radio ect. Need basic stuff and get that ass moving.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
In general, are Puerto Ricans a lazy bunch? I've never known anyone from that Island.

Probably a lot of Puerto Rican workers are employed by Trump hotels. Therefore, Donald would know better than those of us who have no interaction with them.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

PS, do you know what the phrase Welfare State means? You might check our Constitution before you throw too much sand in that direction.

PR is about like West Virginia without the coal isnt it?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well I can say something that few white folks can. I actually walked around down in Spanish Harlem 1979 or so. Yes my white ass from Ohio by myself from under a Manhattan train overpass made my way into SPH.....and they didn't kill me.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

How tan were you?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Jesus Christ.

Obviously, you can't. Not without calling people you don't know liars.

Wow, you can't read either. I didn't call anyone a liar.

Your "argument" using two Facebook posts as evidence for ... whatever you're trying to argue ... is paltry.

Perhaps I should have spelled it out better; my apologies.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Well I can say something that few white folks can. I actually walked around down in Spanish Harlem 1979 or so. Yes my white ass from Ohio by myself from under a Manhattan train overpass made my way into SPH.....and they didn't kill me.

I'd say that the vast majority of visitors to Spanish Harlem exit that neighborhood just as healthy as they entered it. 1969, 1979, or today. Even if you walk casually through the Chicago shooting ranges, you'll most likely stay alive and well.

But it's best if you don't do it too often!

edit on 10/1/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join