It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: UKTruth

Confirmed by FEMA

Citation please!

Other mayors have been getting there from across the island to attend

Not only are other Mayors managing to attend the meetings, they are reporting that there are passable roads into their areas and asking why no donations are getting through ?

Yeah I saw one report of a mayor who pretty much drove across the whole island.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Responsive?

Lot's of talk and meetings, yet very little distribution.

Nelson M. Rosario @NelsonMRosario
"There's a medical center down here, and everyone that was in the Intensive Care Unit, died. Everyone. That's just one detail." 4/
1:09 PM - Sep 30, 2017
www.dailykos.com...[ /ex]

Gotta love Trump's "beautiful Red Tape" to protect "business interests".

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

When did they die? What did the Mayor ask of Trump to prevent it?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump owns you!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

So are saying that it's not possible for the victims of the hurricane in Puerto Rico to be lazy by not actively participating in their own relief effort? Is this what you are saying?

"Lazy" is not an appropriate term to use here, these people have been through a traumatizing event and perhaps many are sort of "paralyzed" or just down right overwhelmed at this point. Trump says stupid things, at the very least insensitive....but he has sent all the help that's been asked for, that's not under dispute .

The message from PR government officials needs to focus on mobilizing the citizens and to provide some sort of direction for the people to help themselves, not blame Trump and the USA, otherwise they should step aside and give control to the US military which so far they have not.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Gryphon66

the problem is he is an idiot. Now what has he not done you think he should have done?

I've stated my issue already. He should not have made public statements demeaning and insulting our fellow Americans who are in the midst of dealing with tragedy.

Then your issue is irrelevant because Trump called out your fellow Americans who are NOT in the midst of dealing with the tragedy, when they SHOULD be.

You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "irrelevant."

My fellow Americans in this case are the three million or so residents of Puerto Rico whom Mr. Trump demeaned and insulted in a public statement.

I'm content, as noted, if Trump will keep his mouth shut and get out of the way so that qualified people in the Administration and in Puerto Rico can get real work done on relief.

You keep spritzing that pile with rose-hips though.

Sigh, except he didn't call out all PR's, only the ones not doing their jobs to help. Hence, your issue is irrelevant.

It's great you can read Tweetie's mind isn't it? What he said is on the record.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Hospitals haven't had power. These are logistic problems.

When the US Government swoops in with the might of the US Navy and Coast Guard, National Guard, etc., they don't need mayors' permission or direction to assess priorities or logistic issues.

The problem is and has been red tape and a delayed response on the White' House's part.
edit on 1-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Hospitals haven't had power. These are logistic problems.

When did they die, what did the Mayor ask of Trump to prevent it that was not given?

Sources please. If you are going to blame something on Trump back it up.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

How quickly they forget ...

Most Americans see right through it anymore.

I told you what most Americans think about President Trump.

You want to tell us what you think of Democrats, and claim that's what the American people think.

Hope this helps!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The ignorance of those feeding on anti American news is incredible

Your news media are lying to you.

As Puerto Rico struggles to recover from Hurricane Maria, US rushes in military assets,

And to think that The Washington post did the story first

In the first six days after the hurricane made landfall here, the Navy had deployed just three ships, citing concerns that Puerto Rico's ports were too damaged to accommodate numerous large vessels. But harrowing reports of isolated U.S. citizens struggling in the heat without electricity and running low on food and water have now spurred the Pentagon to throw resources into the relief effort even though they haven't been specifically requested by territorial officials.

The more robust approach includes the deployment of the USNS Comfort, a hospital ship that has responded to other natural disasters. The Pentagon also has assigned an Army general as point person for the humanitarian crisis: Brig. Gen. Richard Kim, the deputy commanding general of U.S. Army North. He will coordinate operations and assess what other resources are needed, defense officials said.

"Obviously, what we asked for and what they sent was not enough for a storm that impacted every town in Puerto Rico from north to south and east to west," Ramon Rosario, spokesman for Gov. Ricardo Rossello, said Wednesday in the San Juan convention center, the headquarters for the intergovernmental recovery effort.

I have been telling over and over that is been help in PR by the US with or without consent from the local government, due to the fact that the Island government had difficulties to understand the amount of damage done to the Island because lack of communications with the Island inner municipalities.

NOLA and FEMA has been working on bringing medical help and aid via air support to those in need in the Island.

But the vampires here thinks that they know better than people communicating directly from PR because the media keep feeding their anti Trump and federal government bashing agenda

People need to stop talking about what they have no clue about.

www.nola.com...

By tomorrow I will have more news on the ground in PR specially directly from San Juan and within the Government.

edit on 1-10-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

So are saying that it's not possible for the victims of the hurricane in Puerto Rico to be lazy by not actively participating in their own relief effort? Is this what you are saying?

"Lazy" is not an appropriate term to use here, these people have been through a traumatizing event and perhaps many are sort of "paralyzed" or just down right overwhelmed at this point. Trump says stupid things, at the very least insensitive....but he has sent all the help that's been asked for, that's not under dispute .

The message from PR government officials needs to focus on mobilizing the citizens and to provide some sort of direction for the people to help themselves, not blame Trump and the USA, otherwise they should step aside and give control to the US military which so far they have not.

FEMA is not like an octopus. There are two other mainland hurricane disasters in the US

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You want to tell us what you think of Democrats, and claim that's what the American people think.

Hope this helps!

His approval ratings have no impact on whether a tweet is racist or not. At least, to open-minded rational people it doesn't. Now some brainwashed people will believe that tweet is racist because that's what they're told to believe, but most Americans aren't that hyper-partisan, and his approval rating doesn't disprove that.

You know that but you chose to dishonestly suggest that anyway. Do you ever get tired of being stuck in that twisted pretzel shape trying to avoid the truth?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

My sister works for the Medical center in Carolina one of the major hospitals in the metropolitan area, she is an essential personal, she worked during the Hurricane and after, she is a radiologist, most centro medicos are privately run now, they are equipped with generators and emergency equipment, the hospital is still working as we as speaking today.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
OP, I can sense your unbridled hatred and animosity hidden within your well formatted posts.

You should take a step back from the Internet and political discourse for awhile as I fear you're pushing yourself to the point where you're starting to get tunnel vision. It's not uncommon for people who believe they're on the righteous path to become blinded in self-righteous fury.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I gave you the source. It's Nelson M Rosario.

Do you think that people aren't dying in Puerto Rico right now? When is the USNS Comfort set to arrive? Oh Yeah, next Tuesday, exactly 2 weeks after Maria made landfall.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Approval ratings have to do directly with "what Americans think."

You suggested, vaguely, that Americans are "seeing through" what you claim Democrats are saying. Your opinion.

What Americans DO SEE however is that Trump is failing at his job.

You got called out on lies, and now you want to try to twist me into that?

#patanswer

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Do you think that people aren't dying in Puerto Rico right now? When is the USNS Comfort set to arrive? Oh Yeah, next Tuesday, exactly 2 weeks after Maria made landfall.

They said they died. Sounds like that is their fault not Trump's. So why is their incompetence causing people to die Trump's fault?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Hope this helps!

You must be on all Progressive sites to hear that most Americans don't like Trump. What a load. I'm on at least three pro-Trump fb groups and they are all very positive about him. If youre looking at Salon and Huffpo you know what youre going to get.
The establishment media is biased and untruthful.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Who was the first to suggest that the Comfort be sent again?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

LOL ... pro-Trump Facebook groups are very positive about him?

Imagine that.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join