It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Are there meetings they are supposed to be going to and not going?

You tell me. I haven't heard any such allegations.

Trump himself explained why the US government is sending, not there yet, truck drivers. So, 2 weeks after the hurricane and distribution logistics are still being arranged.

You are the one saying she has no job and nothing she is supposed to be doing. Maybe you should educated.

EXCLUSIVE: Fellow Puerto Rico Mayor Rips San Juan Mayor — ‘She’s Not Participating In Any Meetings’

When asked about Cruz’s “genocide” statement, Perez said, “I don’t know why she is saying that. What I can tell you is my experience. She is not participating in any meetings and we had a couple already with the governors and with representation of FEMA and of HUD, of these whole federal agencies that have given us help and she’s not participating in those meetings and some mayors from her political party have been participating, so I don’t know why she is saying that. My experience is very different.

dailycaller.com...
edit on 1-10-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I've stated my issue already. He should not have made public statements demeaning and insulting our fellow Americans who are in the midst of dealing with tragedy.

The rest of it, he can leave to people who know what they're doing. The best thing he can do is shut up and stay out of the way.

IMO

He didn't, he insulted the Mayor who is doing nothing and not even showing up to work.

Apparently you didn't read what President Tweetie said.

Apparently I did, but maybe there is one I missed can you link/quote it?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Gryphon66

the problem is he is an idiot. Now what has he not done you think he should have done?

I've stated my issue already. He should not have made public statements demeaning and insulting our fellow Americans who are in the midst of dealing with tragedy.

Then your issue is irrelevant because Trump called out your fellow Americans who are NOT in the midst of dealing with the tragedy, when they SHOULD be.

You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "irrelevant."

My fellow Americans in this case are the three million or so residents of Puerto Rico whom Mr. Trump demeaned and insulted in a public statement.

I'm content, as noted, if Trump will keep his mouth shut and get out of the way so that qualified people in the Administration and in Puerto Rico can get real work done on relief.

You keep spritzing that pile with rose-hips though.

Sigh, except he didn't call out all PR's, only the ones not doing their jobs to help. Hence, your issue is irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

a reply to: face23785

"Most Americans"? Like the 55+% of Americans that disapprove of Trump's performance as President?

How do you define most again?

Has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Predictable.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Are there meetings they are supposed to be going to and not going?

You tell me. I haven't heard any such allegations.

Confirmed by FEMA and also another mayor that she has not been turning up to any of the meetings to plan logistics.
She is falling down on the job, but getting a lot of TV interviews.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Somehow trump haters have no clue though ....

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Sigh... the media is attacking him again and he's saying it like it is.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Confirmed by FEMA

Citation please!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Confirmed by FEMA

Citation please!

Other mayors have been getting there from across the island to attend

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So are saying that it's not possible for the victims of the hurricane in Puerto Rico to be lazy by not actively participating in their own relief effort? Is this what you are saying?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Also, I saw this FEMA official's interview this morning:

Long on Sunday also pointed to a recent Washington Examiner story in which another mayor said Cruz, a Democrat, has missed several recovery-effort meetings with U.S. military and Federal Emergency Management Agency officials. “If the mayors decide not to be part of that, then the response is fragmented,” he said. “We can choose to look at what (Cruz) spouts off or what others spout off or we can choose to look at what’s being done.”

Fox

Edit: I hope you weren't expecting a CNN link. It's not something they're likely to report.
edit on 1 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I said no such thing!

Yes you did.

The mayor is doing nothing?

Hmm.......Last I checked the US military, National Guard, Navy, etc., don't answer to the Mayor of San Juan, or even the Governor.

Isn't Puerto Rico under "Marshall Law right now?"

Like I said, supplies are there, the Mayor is refusing to cooperate and refusing to do her job to make Trump look bad.

Other mayors are attending the meetings and don't seem to have these problems, think maybe there is a correlation?
edit on 1-10-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I'm not seeing any statement from FEMA that the mayor's inability to attend a meeting is the reason people are not getting food and water.

Found this:

Mayors are being forced to come to the capital’s convention center, where the government has set up a command center, to ask for help in person.

“Getting here, it’s about a three-hour drive that I can’t afford—because while hospitals are running out of fuel, I’m driving my car around like I have gas to waste,” said Rafael Surillo, the mayor of Yabucoa, the town where the eye of the Category 4 storm first made landfall.

“Do I really need to show up here? They should know better!” Surillo blasted with so much anger that the veins in his neck started to bulge.
www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 1-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

So you don't think a local leader's failure to attend logistics meetings would have any impact on getting supplies distributed effectively in her area?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I am seeing statements from another Mayor that they are going to the meetings and the Government is very responsive.

You think maybe the mayor working with FEMA, you know, the person who knows the area best working with the people there to help, has an impact?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Confirmed by FEMA

Citation please!

Other mayors have been getting there from across the island to attend

Not only are other Mayors managing to attend the meetings, they are reporting that there are passable roads into their areas and asking why no donations are getting through ?

(post by Catscratch removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I think the problem is some people are brought up with an unwavering belief in big government and they actually think the government will just magically swoop in and handle everything.

When I lived in an earthquake prone area I kept my own emergency supplies on hand. I would do the same in a hurricane prone area. Even poor people have the ability to stock up on water. You can live weeks without food if you have access to fresh water (not that that would be pleasant, but when the goal is to stay alive water and medicine are your 2 biggest priorities).

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The meetings are about filing paperwork from the article from the daily caller posted in this thread. Nothing about needed supplies except it's coming.

I suspect mayor Perez is helping rich homeowners be the first to put in claims.
edit on 1-10-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join