It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The fact remains that the OP's topic is about Trump's tweets. Did you come in late to the conversation?

The narrative you are pushing is the one you always push ... no matter the volume, consistency or color of the dumps that Trump takes on people, you still claim it smells like roses.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think I use my own standard. I believe in consistency, which is why you should be consistent, if you want to use his standard use his standard, always.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I think I use my own standard. I believe in consistency, which is why you should be consistent, if you want to use his standard use his standard, always.

I use his own standard to analyze his own words. If he can't be consistent with himself ... there's a real problem.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The potus tweets and the left loses their minds, BHO lies straight to your face during the super bowl lefties shrug it off. The higher standard for this pres is so much higher than for the last. Quite funny

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

the problem is he is an idiot. Now what has he not done you think he should have done?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I would like to understand this philosophy of meaness. Some people are born mean. Like spouse abusers, bullies, cheaters. But why choose to be mean to millions of people, like you egging the bully onward. I understand now, that is why Trump was elected, to be the school yard bully. I will never til I die understand why Christian women voted for a mean spirited bully. There were other good anti
abortion candidates.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

the problem is he is an idiot. Now what has he not done you think he should have done?

I've stated my issue already. He should not have made public statements demeaning and insulting our fellow Americans who are in the midst of dealing with tragedy.

The rest of it, he can leave to people who know what they're doing. The best thing he can do is shut up and stay out of the way.

IMO

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
The potus tweets and the left loses their minds, BHO lies straight to your face during the super bowl lefties shrug it off. The higher standard for this pres is so much higher than for the last. Quite funny

But Obama ...

But Hillary ...

But Leftists ...

/yawn

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Schadenfreude.

scha·den·freu·de
ˈSHädənˌfroidə/Submit
noun
pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I've stated my issue already. He should not have made public statements demeaning and insulting our fellow Americans who are in the midst of dealing with tragedy.

Then your issue is irrelevant because Trump called out your fellow Americans who are NOT in the midst of dealing with the tragedy, when they SHOULD be.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Then your issue is irrelevant because Trump called out your fellow Americans who are NOT in the midst of dealing with the tragedy, when they SHOULD be.

You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "irrelevant."

My fellow Americans in this case are the three million or so residents of Puerto Rico whom Mr. Trump demeaned and insulted in a public statement.

I'm content, as noted, if Trump will keep his mouth shut and get out of the way so that qualified people in the Administration and in Puerto Rico can get real work done on relief.

You keep spritzing that pile with rose-hips though.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Then by your standards, you have to hate Obama for doing it as well.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: theantediluvian

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
I will be going to Puerto Rico on Tuesday with Melania. Will hopefully be able to stop at the U.S. Virgin Islands (people working hard).
4:55 AM - Sep 30, 2017

But the white rich folk of the Virgin Islands are "working hard". Those lazy Puerto Ricans!

This right here sums up the issue. Democrats will pretend Trump is being racist, but they know he's not. He's criticizing actions, not colors. But that won't get them votes, so enjoy the lying. Most Americans see right through it anymore.
edit on 1 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Hawaii is mostly brown people too, but the economy is owned and driven by white Christians, who long ago land grabbed sugar plantations, and tourism, predominantly rich white tourists.

The US Virgin Islands are much more like Hawaii, economically, than Puerto Rico.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

"Most Americans"? Like the 55+% of Americans that disapprove of Trump's performance as President?

How do you define most again?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The rest of it, he can leave to people who know what they're doing. The best thing he can do is shut up and stay out of the way.

IMO

He didn't, he insulted the Mayor who is doing nothing and not even showing up to work.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The mayor is doing nothing?

Hmm.......Last I checked the US military, National Guard, Navy, etc., don't answer to the Mayor of San Juan, or even the Governor.

Isn't Puerto Rico under "Marshall Law right now?"

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The mayor is doing nothing?

Are there meetings they are supposed to be going to and not going?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

IMO

He didn't, he insulted the Mayor who is doing nothing and not even showing up to work.

Apparently you didn't read what President Tweetie said.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Are there meetings they are supposed to be going to and not going?

You tell me. I haven't heard any such allegations.

Trump himself explained why the US government is sending, not there yet, truck drivers. So, 2 weeks after the hurricane and distribution logistics are still being arranged.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join