It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I see a man who steamrolled over the competition to become the President of the United States, which means he was more intelligent all of his opponents.

Maybe.
Or it means that he knows his base.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Or it means that he knows his base.

WWE fan base.

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

You quoted an ATS poster (whom I do not agree with) to impeach my statement. Please show me where Pres. Trump called PR citizens lazy.

I appreciate the chance to discuss this further with you

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

edit on 30-9-2017 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: JBurns

good one, have any ideas just how we can avoid letting a million or so people die of thirst while the locals work to clear out the roads well enough for trucks to drive through them??

It has to be transported in by foot, off road vehicles and maybe horses ? I read earlier Marines are carrying in 100 lb backpacks of supplies. Evacuation camps need to be established so people are able to set up basic shelters and support one another through grass root cooperation. This will make it easier for relieve operations to get help to the most people quicker.

Fortunately Puerto Rico is relatively small, making it possible to reach most people within a few days, even on foot. Seems like a good place to start under such catastrophic circumstances.

Puerto Rico includes several small islands the largest of which are Vieques, Culebra, and Mona. The island of Puerto Rico is approximately 111 miles long (East to West) and 36 miles wide (north to south).

I sure hope Puerto Rico comes out on the other side of this becoming a shining example of building a new, state of the art infrastructure that will ultimately strengthen the Country for future generations...that's the message of hope and inspiration they need to sustain them through the painful re-building process they face now.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

did yous also remove the fallen power poles and lines, because I've seem a few pictures with that kind of rubble in the roads, and some of those power poles were the big metal ones that probably could only be moved with heavy equipment.
did yous rebuild the washed out bridges?? because I do believe there are quite a few of those also.
what about the washed out roads???

I imagine the people are out doing their best to clean up what they can, doing the best that they can, helping those that they can...

if I am remembering right, there were electrical crews from virginia that traveled down to florida to help get the lights back on.
how many non-locals traveled in to help out??
here's is a list, there seems to have been many groups looking for volunteers willing to help in various ways.

www.sun-sentinel.com...

well, I am sorry, but by the pictures, I think puerto rico kind of makes florida look like child's play and it seems to be the entire island... I kind of think that the locals may need a little help???

most people can't survive more than 3 or so days without water, 10 at the most, so I would say that time is running out for many on the island. if they can't get water to everyone on the island, then I would say it's past time to start thinking about air dropping it... which, was something they had the ability to do all along but decided instead to wait around for the locals to clear the ports and roads.

something that they did in haiti...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

I fail to see why they have two amphibious ships in the area when they refuse to use them to their full capacity then!!
no, they don't have to march through across the island carrying the stuff..
they can first airdrop the support at the sight to ensure security and then airdrop the stuff in!!
they've had that option all along.

I take it that a bunch of civilian no nothing about the military paper pushers are running this show???

edit on 30-9-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Agreed, having officials on the ground establish secure drop zones would be another great plan of action (in addition to MountainLaurel's ideas).

In any case, Puerto Ricans are Americans and I personally stand by them 100%. I have donated what I could to the disaster recovery efforts (fixed income here - retired) and truly hope and pray for every single human life affected by these events. It has reminded me how blessed I am to live away from the shoreline, although we have our fair share of weather related threats in P.A. as well!

Thanks again, everyone, for the frank and intelligent conversation. I enjoy engaging other ATS members for that reason alone. I hope to continue the conversation once we get more information over the coming days and weeks. For now, I think it is imperative to continue donating to our relief organizations, and even volunteering wherever possible.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

This isn't my idea Dawn, it's what is being done...IDK why it's being done this way, for whatever reasons that is the strategy that the US Military has decided is the best way to distribute supplies. It could be to make sure the supplies are distributed in an orderly fashion or maybe to provide some sort of safety and comfort to a lot of scared, traumatized people.

edit on 30-9-2017 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Gothmog

I started this thread because I was appalled by what our President said, having nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with it being inappropriate coming from the POTUS.

I would think that was self-evident?

What you are failing to perceive is that many of us DONT obsessively read or even follow his twitter, so when we see one more blue having a shrieking trigger tantrum over his every foolish word, we think to ourselves " why is this guy so plugged into trump, didn't he vote democrat?"
"Must be one of those Mark Chapman types"

And that's the way it really is, because that's exactly how most the left leaning posters here look, you obviously care more about trumps twitter account than you do San Juan, and you certainly care more about 1 out of over forty ***hole presidents we have had, than you really do about this crisis, its just one more thing to steal from in order to bore us to tears about something somebody said as if it trumps(hah!)
Any and all other REAL issues like Actual Recovery Efforts for people who right now have a lot more to worry about than the next thing that comes out on a chatboard!

Clearly many of you(we know who you are)
Are more interested in this new left handed trend of parasitic confrontationalism that feeds your need to bask in a negative field of hatred that is purely of your own choice and making

I think the issue here is the left needs to grow thicker skin, log off their twitter account and keep up with what actions are being taken once or twice a day and get a life like any reasonable adult.

Do you understand why we don't waste our time EVER actually discussing his twitter account? That is your obsession, and It is kinda sad.

There are REAL things happening but you want me to engage your blatant need for "another" confrontation so you can spew your toxic obsession with some dude's posts on the Squawknet.

don't need a better or more polite president, no from what I have seen many of you just need seroquel or Prozac, and a strong evaluation to decide the best method to help with your blue obsession.

edit on 30-9-2017 by Catscratch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
well one thing is for certain after reading through pages of childish bickering and insults ive come to find everyone has absolutely lost their minds. you guys are all mucking about in the weeds and u dont even see it. so many should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves for acting like school children. its been interesting to watch as people manufacture viewpoints based on smoke and mirrors and reinforce their false reality by distorting the facts and mutilating them till they are unidentifiable. and yet each person seems to believe without a doubt that their reality is 100% fact. well guess what nothing is 100% fact. everything has alternatives, and the human condition will warp all reality and until u can figure out how to smell your own BS then youll be stuck in this hate filled reality youve created
edit on 30-9-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Cool.

Does all that word salad help the people in Puerto Rico?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Cool.

Does all that word salad help the people in Puerto Rico?

if just one person can let go of their hatred and actually see what matters then who knows. how does your reply help them btw you hypocrite?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

if just one person can let go of their hatred and actually see what matters then who knows

That's a hard one for Trump to read.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

if just one person can let go of their hatred and actually see what matters then who knows

case in point

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

case in point

Yep.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Why did these people vote for this piece of sh*t president. He’s so f*cking bad. What moron insults Puerto Rico right now?

This is getting so dumb. Trump voters need to start apologizing to the world.

Why do they love this rise in hatred. They f*cking love it.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Why did these people vote for this piece of sh*t president.

In a nutshell: because he said what they wanted to hear.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Why did these people vote for this piece of sh*t president. He’s so f*cking bad. What moron insults Puerto Rico right now?

This is getting so dumb. Trump voters need to start apologizing to the world.

Why do they love this rise in hatred. They f*cking love it.

Don't you know? There are fine people on both sides.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The liberal media has finally found something to attack Trump with since they couldn't bash his response to Texas or Florida.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join