It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Unfortunately, it is the left who would generally be described as sycophants who run from the slightest difference of opinion (hyperbolic, yes, but true for many "collectives").

Most individuals holding far-left ideologies come off as closed minded, uncritical thinkers that look for any excuse to level divisive and untrue stereotypes at their opposition. A good many more appear arrogant and condescending, attempting to censor and shutdown speech that does not conform to their view of reality or tow a specific line (ie: progressive).

It is very unfortunate, because the myriad of logical fallacies combined with the inability for differential analysis betrays the overall weakness of such an individuals point of view. Not to say they are 100% wrong all of the time, of course not. Just that an argument unable to be examined critically and questioned heavily (think: paranormal evidence, UFOs, etc) is really not an argument at all - but a catchphrase of sorts.

It is not very becoming of this country, and I hope a majority of the left won't allow these "progressives" to hijack their party in pursuit of a few fringe issues and identity politics. One example of many is gun control. Time & time again, those who push for these measures lose popular support from a large chunk of the voting population - yet many "progressives" wish to continue the good-fight and die on that begotten, lonely hill (so to speak). Even more is that these groups swear up and down that no one is coming for firearms, yet their many outspoken members indicate otherwise. It is, in fact, these outspoken members that ensure not even simple (read: true common sense) measures will pass out of fear it is a stepping stone to unacceptable levels of firearm control.

For instance as a pro 2A American (and lawful firearm carrier), I have a vested interest in ensuring criminals and dangerously mentally ill do not get access to firearms and other deadly weapons. After all, these are the people I carry a firearm to protect myself from so I'm all for upholding the existing laws or even strengthening penalties against individuals committing a crime with firearms. However, when I hear X-condescending-leftists talking about "Australian style solutions," I shut down entirely and refuse to engage in the debate.

Firearm control is one very small subsection of the culture war many on the left deny (while some overtly promote). The only way the people of this country will be able to move past this division is compromise. And the losing party will naturally have to do more compromising. They need to respect the will of the American voters, and stop trying to use any and every excuse for their loss - conveniently painting the elected President as illegitimate. This does not win support among the majority. The Russian non-sense has got to stop, as it has been repeatedly debunked (based on public statements by officials) and couldn't have had an impact anyhow. The most harmful event was the drip-drip release of E-mail correspondence, but the validity of those were never disputed. Since when does exposing the truth count as something to be derided? The fact is simple: sometimes the truth hurts

To the OP, I'd like to point out that this is not a personal attack on you. This is the first post of yours I recall reading, and in no way am I levying such statements against you. I fully respect your point of view, and appreciate the fact that you are here discussing it. If we can both speak our minds freely and honestly in a public forum, there is still hope for this country and our future.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

such a long post, filled with jabs towards the left, but not one mention of puerto rico, the disaster, or anything else related to the topic of the thread...

good one, have any ideas just how we can avoid letting a million or so people die of thirst while the locals work to clear out the roads well enough for trucks to drive through them??

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

My goodness, you are right. I did veer off topic pretty far there, my apologies.

I haven't yet heard the full scoop regarding FEMA's response, and I think it would be prudent to get all evidence in order before determining who made mistakes/how to correct them. FEMA has a history of poor disaster response efforts, and it is certainly within the realm of possibility that someone, somewhere dropped a pretty major ball.

Obviously the citizens of Puerto Rico are Americans, and it is very important we prioritize recovery efforts for these individuals. Whether or not the totality of the disasters (in several states) has stretched FEMA too thin, or someone simply botched the response will determine whether its incompetence or simple lack of preparedness.

Sadly, with disasters you will never get things right 100% of the time. In such instances, it is important we put our politics aside and advocate for the victims of such natural disasters (and other emergencies). It is my hope that PR will get the resources they need to help those affected by these terrible events.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ColoradoJens

You are doing a great impersonation of an idiot.

I don't know because I don't know.

If you want to continue to put words in my mouth go right ahead. Your posting history indicates that you're someone I really don't wish to talk with any way.

have a nice day.

Says the person who doesn't know if all Puerto Ricans are lazy because they haven't been there to see for themselves.

You're not doing an impression of an idiot with that statement.

Feel free to stay away from me. No one is forcing you to make such asinine statements.
edit on 30-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wait guys, the fith grader in chief explains the slow reaction time

“This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.”

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: dragonridr

fm.cnbc.com... 146

i.amz.mshcdn.com...=/fit-in/1200x9600/https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimag e%2F602489%2Fba904a47-fe5e-4109-8214-d770dd1caf57.jpg

i2.cdn.cnn.com...

a.abcnews.com...

ya know if their heavy equipment is as bad a shape as their roads seem to be...
I think that the people will die of thirst long before the locals get those roads passable again!!!

First rule is clear the roads I was down in Florida during the hurricane and even where my parents lived we got out there UT apart trees blocking roads. We did this so they could restore the power lines in the area. If you sit and wait for someone to help you it could be a long wait. Look at Texas people got out their and saved people's lives. If the people don step up nothing is going to get better.

On Florida and Texas the people needed to step up to help their neighbors if this doesn't happen there people will die.
edit on 9/30/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
Anyways i am a small fish in this pond.

Me too. Salute!!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

What I've learned from this thread is that the US government is responding but the infrastructure in Puerto Rico is having a difficult time distributing the aid.

I've also learned that people REALLY hate Trump.

The part about Puerto Rico people being lazy?

Never been so I don't know.

So, peace out peeps, going to visit other threads and learn other great and wonderful things.

That was a gigantic cop out. "Maybe they are all lazy, I haven't been." The fact you would consider an entire country lazy even if you visited for a month would show an extremely shallow view. Go stay with a family and work with them for a year and report back.

Have a snickers.

You always act like a moron when you're hungry.

I didn't comment on the lazy because I don't know. Do I trust YOU? HA!

Trump? HA.

The OP? HAHA

The ONLY person who has had firsthand experience was Marge, and she is from Puerto Rico.

So excuse the #### out of me if I don't take your word for jacksh#t.

Oh, I'm sure you wouldn't take my word for anything.

You are of the belief it is possible an entire ethnicity can be lazy, especially after you verify it with your own eyes after you vacation there.

If that premise wasn't so stupid I may have taken you for an intelligent person.

Please show me where he said that. All I saw was him complaining about local govt. And from what I see they are not irgaboxing local resources at all. They have roads to clear in order to get those resources in to the interior. Locals are going to have to get involved in a serious effort. And no one seems to be organizing them to do it. Think of Texas the governor was telling people where they needed help and what needed to be done.

If this is beyond Ricardo A. Rosselló capabilities he needs to step down and put someone else in charge.

I guess you could have read his post, but here it is.

I didn't comment on the lazy because I don't know.

Which implies, as I said, it is possible for an entire county to be labelled lazy, which is by itself an absurd and frankly racist comment.

But I'm sure there will be an attempt to spin it. " Oh I never said anything bad, I'm willing to believe they may not all be lazy.

Crock of crap. Look at this thread. Racists everywhere and snarky rips on desperate and dying people. It's truly pathetic. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It is important to note that individuals are largely responsible for their own safety and prosperity. I'm absolutely 100% in favor of helping our fellow human beings in their time of need, and we have entire government agencies assigned to just that task. But triage, to some degree, will always play into disaster response as long as you have a demand for help that is greater than the resources available.

Once again, saying every last person in the entire country is lazy is certainly hyperbole. I don't think anyone is saying that is the case. The skeptics among us, however, are right to withhold making a definitive statement one way or the other without seeing it for themselves. This isn't an attack, it is logical.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Most awesome post I have read in YEARS!!

Please friend me back.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Hahahahahahaha comedic gold this is.

"Big water, yuuuuge water. Believe me."

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Snarl

And The Mayor wants someone to come to their island and pick up the trash.

No. It goes somewhat beyond that.

I know ...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Skepticism is not racist. Technically, you are guessing if you make a statement about anything you haven't directly tested with the scientific method.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Skepticism is not racist. Technically, you are guessing if you make a statement about anything you haven't directly tested with the scientific method.

Bull#. Calling an entire country lazy is racism. It's already been proven by many, many bad people.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
a reply to: Damiel

Hahahahahahaha comedic gold this is.

"Big water, yuuuuge water. Believe me."

It's why you can't just drive trucks with supplies there.

(According to Mr. Trump)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Proven by whom? When? What standard of proof was used as the basis for this determination?

Modern day claims of racism largely reek of upended military drums and banana republic mock trials. We must hold ourselves to a much higher standard. More than that, we can do much better. We owe it to ourselves, and our friends/neighbors/countrymen who will never share the same beliefs.

We are far too diverse for this dichotomy.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If you are wondering what an unaware racist sounds like, I give you "Exhibit A":

originally posted by: GalenMarek
Allentown Pennsylvania is a cesspool now because of the Puerto Rican invasion. Most don't bother to learn English. They only value their cars. I agree, they're lazy. Worse part is until now if they faced child support or crimes they would flee back to Puerto Rico.

...wow.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
It is important to note that individuals are largely responsible for their own safety and prosperity. I'm absolutely 100% in favor of helping our fellow human beings in their time of need, and we have entire government agencies assigned to just that task. But triage, to some degree, will always play into disaster response as long as you have a demand for help that is greater than the resources available.

Once again, saying every last person in the entire country is lazy is certainly hyperbole. I don't think anyone is saying that is the case. The skeptics among us, however, are right to withhold making a definitive statement one way or the other without seeing it for themselves. This isn't an attack, it is logical.

You say:

saying every last person in the entire country is lazy is certainly hyperbole. I don't think anyone is saying that is the case

First page.

Lol so what? Puerto Ricans probably are lazy. I mean look at the island, just LOOK. Lazy mofos. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

But okay.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Here's an idea for Trump:

Or are you too lazy to think of something?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

LMAO. Spin much? lol. He said the leadership cannot get their workers to help. That is a big difference compared to lazy.

As far as I can tell everything he said is the truth.

I don't see a counter puncher. I see a man, weak of character, who would kick millions of suffering people when they're down, people he swore to serve to the best of his ability.

I see a man who steamrolled over the competition to become the President of the United States, which means he was more intelligent than all of his opponents. He beat the republicans, he beat the democrats, he beat the independents, he beat the media, he beat the polls, he beat Comey, recently he beat the NFL, but this time your sure he is wrong. lol. Tenth month as President tomorrow. You've got along way to go. Good luck.
edit on 30-9-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join