It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
I saw an interesting post this morning from a friend of mine who's family member lives in Puerto Rico, she claimed her family member who lives close to an airport said that planes were flying in non-stop with US military, rescue organisations and supplies. Marines are carrying in 100 lb backpacks of supplies to areas not reachable by roads. Trump is saying 10,000 Federal employees are there.

Trump may say stupid things, but it's not true he hasn't sent help to Puerto Rico according to this woman's 1st hand observations. BTW my friend is NOT a Trump fan, but she's a fair minded person that gives credit where credit is due.

Do you mean to tell me the liberal media has an agenda and is ignoring the above?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

We have a Navy. We have an Army.

We have the means to distribute the materiel which is collecting in San Juan. We have the means to evacuate people.

Who is in charge? How long?

edit on 9/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

We have a Navy. We have an Army.
We have the means to distribute the material which is collecting in San Juan. We have the means to evacuate people.

Who is in charge?

Exactly. The local government needs to step up and if not get out of the way. The lives of their own people are at stake. Isn't the the point of the original tweet being discussed? The government officials are not doing the job. The aid is there, get your workers to distribute it. Or ask the U.S. to take over. Which, if done, would be political suicide for them there. They are playing politics with the lives of people there.

edit on 9/30/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Or ask the U.S. to take over.

You mean the feds, right? Because Puerto Rico is part of the US.

It would seem, that is exactly what is being requested. "We need help. Not bureaucratic bull#!"

edit on 9/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Or ask the U.S. to take over.

You mean the feds, right? Because Puerto Rico is part of the US.

It would seem, that is exactly what is being requested. "We need help. Not bureaucratic bull#!"

Yes, Mr, Pedantic. The U.S. Federal relief effort.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump is truly an evil human being. And he’s at the leadership of one of the most powerful countries in history.

Trump is also likely some kind of prophetic super evil figure, predicted in ancient scriptures, and by Nostradamus, you know like the beast of the apocalypse, an anti-Christ figure, a major evil doer of immense proportions, which may end up( God forbid) on a par with Hitler, Stalin, Mao. At least, on a level of the American historical and present reprobates like Robert E. Lee, Benedict Arnold, Charles Manson, and Timothy McVey….His name will go down with these kinds of morally offensive people.

Just because there are many deceived and deluded people, like the republican party, who actually don’t see the evil in Trump doesn’t mean anything, since evildoers like Hitler were at the time of his most vile acts heralded by millions of Germans.

We can only hope one day those that enable Trump will see the light and come out of the of their delusion

In support, What is a fascist by Henry Wallace April 9, 1944 - if you don't know him LOOK HIM UP.

A fascist is one whose lust for money or power

is combined with such an intensity of intolerance toward those of other races, parties, classes, religions, cultures, regions or nations

as to make him ruthless in his use of deceit or violence to attain his ends.

The supreme god of a fascist, to which his ends are directed, may be money or power; may be a race or a class; may be a military, clique or an economic group; or may be a culture, religion, or a political party.

newdeal.feri.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

I love how you right wing cultists go at the mayor when a humanitarian disaster has been unfolding.

She asked for it by wearing that shirt.

Deal with it.

I'm with Picard - geez....

Can't even get through the posts....

Don't know why the truth upset you people.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

if you see a kid drowning in the river, do you wait around for parental permission before you dive in to save them???

but it seems that fema was already there when maria hit...
it seems that there was a naval presence there also.

www.fema.gov...

it wasn't a problem that they didn't have permission, it was that they made the mistake of thinking that they could bring the goods into the ports and the local government would be able to distribute them out through the island, which meant there were ships and barges filled with goodies waiting around for the ports to open. while people were going without water, food and fuel... while the choppers from at least two amphibious assault ships.
here's a description of one of those amphibious assault ships that were there..

The assault support system on the ship co-ordinates vertical and horizontal movement of troops, cargo and vehicles. A Monorail system, moving at speeds up to 600 ft/min (3 m/s), transports cargo and supplies from storage and staging areas throughout the ship to a 13,600-square-foot (1,260 m2) well deck, which opens to the sea through huge gates in the ship's stern. There, the cargo, troops and vehicles are loaded onto landing craft for transit to the beach. The air cushion landing craft can "fly" out of the dry well deck, or the well deck can be flooded so that conventional landing craft can float out on their way to the beach.

Simultaneously, helicopters can be lifted from the hangar deck to the flight deck by two deck-edge elevators and loaded with supplies from three massive cargo elevators.

Kearsarge's armament suite includes the NATO RIM-7 Sea Sparrow point defense system for anti-aircraft support, RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missiles, 25-mm chain guns and the Phalanx close-in weapon system to counter threats from low-flying aircraft and close-in small craft. Missile decoy launchers augment the anti-ship missile defenses.

en.wikipedia.org...(LHD-3)

like I said, our military can launch an invading force anywhere in the world... there was no reason why they needed the ports open or the roads cleared, or truck drivers to get water, food, sat phones, and fuel and generators throughout the island, or at least to every hospital that was still operating.
their response after the haiti earthquake proves this!!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

So, the moral is; "We are a bureaucracy, deal with it."

Cold comfort.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The governors of Texas and Florida had to organize federal aid. If Carmen Yulín Cruz the Puerto Rican Mayor is upset she needs to look to her governor. Ricardo A. Rosselló needs to organize this effort the same as the other governors did. The feds can being in supplies and bring in man power. But it still needs to be organized by local government. If they don't use the resources provided effectively people will die.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If they don't use the resources provided effectively people will die.

The governor cannot command the US Navy or Army.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

So, the moral is; "We are a bureaucracy, deal with it."

Cold comfort.

A governor is responsible for coordinating any Federal relief effort for those they govern. But, I think you already know that.

Do you have anything positive to bring to the conversation or just more one liner snaky replies?

I thought you were more intelligent. I guess I was wrong.

That error was mine.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yeah. We know why people resort to ad homs.
Right?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I still await your enlightened analysis of the situation.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
The governors of Texas and Florida had to organize federal aid. If Carmen Yulín Cruz the Puerto Rican Mayor is upset she needs to look to her governor. Ricardo A. Rosselló needs to organize this effort the same as the other governors did. The feds can being in supplies and bring in man power. But it still needs to be organized by local government. If they don't use the resources provided effectively people will die.

Exactly. That part of that role. But it seems some people just want the U.S. Federal government ignore all that and unilaterally descend upon that island. But if that happened, my guess is those same people would descry it as overreach by the president! OMG.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I think that the Army and Navy have more than sufficient resources to deal with distribution of landed materiel, transport of additional materiel, and evacuation of US citizens.

I think that the Commander in Chief has full authority to execute the use of the US military to execute the above.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I forgot a link I think in my previous thread...

www.fema.gov...

it's kind of a timeline of the actions taken since before the hurricane hit.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What I've learned from this thread is that the US government is responding but the infrastructure in Puerto Rico is having a difficult time distributing the aid.

I've also learned that people REALLY hate Trump.

The part about Puerto Rico people being lazy?

Never been so I don't know.

So, peace out peeps, going to visit other threads and learn other great and wonderful things.

That was a gigantic cop out. "Maybe they are all lazy, I haven't been." The fact you would consider an entire country lazy even if you visited for a month would show an extremely shallow view. Go stay with a family and work with them for a year and report back.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I think that the Army and Navy have more than sufficient resources to deal with distribution of landed materiel, transport of additional materiel, and evacuation of US citizens.

I think that the Commander in Chief has full authority to execute the use of the US military to execute the above.

There is no question that those organizations have the means to take on such a task. However, there is this little thing called "The Disaster Declaration Process" that has to happen first, which states:

The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. §§ 5121-5207 (the Stafford Act) §401 states in part that: "All requests for a declaration by the President that a major disaster exists shall be made by the Governor of the affected State." A State also includes the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. The Republic of Marshall Islands and the Federated States of Micronesia are also eligible to request a declaration and receive assistance through the Compacts of Free Association.

The Disaster Declaration Process
The feds cannot unilaterally take over. That would be illegal.

edit on 9/30/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join