It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Another swing and a miss.

(post by FyreByrd removed for a manners violation)
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

if it was a sovereign nation as you claim, then the US wouldn't have had to do anything for that sovereign nation to have ships flying flags outside of the US come to deliver aide, would they???

the people in puerto rico, unless they were visitors from other countries...
are citizens of the US. and they won't need permission from our government if they all decide to come flocking to the US where there is electricity, water, and the other luxuries of life!! they just need a way to get off the island!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

if it was a sovereign nation as you claim, then the US wouldn't have had to do anything for that sovereign nation to have ships flying flags outside of the US come to deliver aide, would they???

the people in puerto rico, unless they were visitors from other countries...
are citizens of the US. and they won't need permission from our government if they all decide to come flocking to the US where there is electricity, water, and the other luxuries of life!! they just need a way to get off the island!!!

I stand corrected, they are not a sovereign nation. Thank you.
They do have their own elected government though, who is responsible for local governance. However, even if they were a state, the Federal government cannot simply usurp states rights and force aid unless requested by the governor of that state (in this case the territory). The point being the local government is still responsible to its own citizens. I believe that was the entire point of the argument over who does what.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Your ATS tantrums are no different.

If I were to throw tantrums, they'd be different in at least one very important way — I'm not the President of the United State of America.

Can you not see the similarities in your attitude and his?

Wrong. Fake News! Did the Republicans tell you to talk to ante that way? You nasty person! Very sad!
edit on 2017-9-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GalenMarek
Allentown Pennsylvania is a cesspool now because of the Puerto Rican invasion. Most don't bother to learn English. They only value their cars. I agree, they're lazy. Worse part is until now if they faced child support or crimes they would flee back to Puerto Rico.

(post by thesaneone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Puerto Rico governor: More needed, but feds have answered our calls

Much more work must be done to meet Puerto Rico's critical humanitarian needs after Hurricane Maria, the US territory's top official said Saturday, while also emphasizing that the federal government is fulfilling his every request -- striking a conciliatory tone minutes after President Donald Trump lambasted a mayor who criticized the US response.

"We need to do a lot more in order for us to get out of the emergency," Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló said in San Juan. "But the other thing that's also true is that the administration has answered and has complied with our petitions in an expedited manner."

Brock Long, the administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, told CNN on Saturday that recovery efforts hinge on good communication and coordinated efforts.

"The bottom line is we've had a joint field office established for numerous days in San Juan and what we need is for the good mayor to make her way to the joint field office and get plugged into what's going on," he said when asked about the President's tweets about Cruz.

So, the mayor of San Juan has not even been to the joint field office where they are coordinating efforts to help her own people?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

I love how you right wing cultists go at the mayor when a humanitarian disaster has been unfolding.

She asked for it by wearing that shirt.

Deal with it.

I'm with Picard - geez....

Can't even get through the posts....

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Shes a nasty woman.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

So, the mayor of San Juan has not even been to the joint field office where they are coordinating efforts to help her own people?

That's what you get from that statement? It seems quite doublespeaky to me.

Question: Is Brock Long in San Juan?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

I love how you right wing cultists go at the mayor when a humanitarian disaster has been unfolding.

Deal with it.

I'm with Picard - geez....

Can't even get through the posts....

Don't know why the truth upset you people.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Don't see a counter puncher, huh? Maybe this is the karma principle being played out in reality???

While all of you keyboard warriors are causing an ATS storm here, let's just take a look at what Puerto Rican officials already do to their own people. It's called the heroin Air Bridge. And the Air Bridge, in such ironic fashion, is premised around one country's methods of helping their own citizens... and how a 3rd party country is left to deal with such decisions.

www.philly.com...

Now, if the U.S. really didn't care for Puerto Rico, the U.S. would be loading up ships with heroin addicts right now and sending them for Puerto Rican officials to deal with.

Short of a need for possible medical treatment, I'd never allow for a government agency to determine my paths to provide basic needs for myself and loved ones. I learned to do it myself if I want things to get done right. And, here we are... stopping time to debate what a company/government should provide for us as citizens.

Puerto Rico... you may have my empathy, but the sympathy is lacking. I am waiting for the headline that details how Puerto Rican citizens circumvented their government and just got the damn job done... it may be a while, I know.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
N.C., N.J. groups striving to fill Puerto Rico aid gaps

While the government is facing criticism over its ability to distribute relief to hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico, a North Carolina-based aid group said it’s making inroads for the hardest hit residents of the island.

Samaritan’s Purse, a group founded by the Rev. Franklin Graham, son of the famed evangelist Billy Graham, has international headquarters in the mountain town of Boone, N.C., and a worldwide reach.

The group was using Puerto Rico as its Caribbean aid base for Hurricane Irma relief. After Maria brought some of the most destructive power ever seen in the U.S. territory, that staff quadrupled to 26 with a focus on the island itself.

More external help working to aid the local citizens with zero coordination from the local officials. But how are they helping?

By Friday, the group's Disaster Assistance Response Team members had delivered blankets, hygiene kits, heavy tarps and other emergency supplies for 1,200 families in the town of Canovanas, a 30-minute drive east of San Juan.

In the opposite direction, an hour and a half west of the capital, DART members responded to the pleas of a local doctor, Luis Paz, and set up two generators in Quebradillas for medical clinics Paz said were overwhelmed with patients and needed power.

Plans were being made to fly a helicopter to the large southern coastal city of Ponce, on the opposite side of the island from San Juan. DART members hope to make their way inland into higher elevations where the fate of many residents is unknown but destruction is believed to be heavy.

“We really want to get to the people who have not been reached in the mountainous interior region,” Carter said. “Even if that means getting out of the car and walking.”

But why are these external support efforts needed?

Critics of the large-scale government response have pointed to 10,000 containers that were sitting at San Juan’s port as of Thursday waiting for distribution. Crippling power outages, lack of drivers and red tape were to blame, they said.

Another source on the ground stating the local government officials are seemingly doing nothing to help. But the major of San Juan is available to get interviewed on CNN and claim they are not receiving help?

Really?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That's what you get from that statement? It seems quite doublespeaky to me.

Question: Is Brock Long in San Juan?

He has representatives there, DUH. Had she been there, do you not think he would have been told that little factoid? San Juan PR, that is where the filed office is located, and the mayor herself, in her own city, has not even visited it yet?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I saw an interesting post this morning from a friend of mine who's family member lives in Puerto Rico, she claimed her family member who lives close to an airport said that planes were flying in non-stop with US military, rescue organisations and supplies. Marines are carrying in 100 lb backpacks of supplies to areas not reachable by roads. Trump is saying 10,000 Federal employees are there.

Trump may say stupid things, but it's not true he hasn't sent help to Puerto Rico according to this woman's 1st hand observations. BTW my friend is NOT a Trump fan, but she's a fair minded person that gives credit where credit is due.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
LOL!!!! So is Melania going to show up in PR with Stilettos again. What a joke.

The real issue is that all right wingers involved here are incompetent. Deal with that cultist.

Deal with it.

Lol, you are too easy.

She had on tennis shoes when she showed up in Houston! DOH!
I smell desperation of a person with a political agenda taking advantage of a disaster. Any relation to the Clintons?

Boy - you have a very selective memory (a common bigot trait). The first time they went to texas, when they didn't do anything other then spend tax payer money for a photo op, she was in heels.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Had she been there, do you not think he would have been told that little factoid?

I don't know.
Do you think his boss always knows what's going on, in the trenches? Doesn't seem to stop him from shooting off his mouth.

edit on 9/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Had she been there, do you not think he would have been told that little factoid?

I don't know.
Do you think his boss always knows what's going on, in the trenches?

Seriously, that is what you decide to have as your topic of conversation. It is a disaster relief program. It has many high level political repercussions. If he did not, then he wouldn't be doing his job. Perhaps that is how you would work, hiding information and lying to your boss. But, IMO, that is the exception rather than the rule when peoples lives are at at stake.

Really Phage, I expect more from you than this thread of conversation.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: seeker1963

LOL!!!! So is Melania going to show up in PR with Stilettos again. What a joke.

The real issue is that all right wingers involved here are incompetent. Deal with that cultist.

Deal with it.

Lol, you are too easy.

She had on tennis shoes when she showed up in Houston! DOH!
I smell desperation of a person with a political agenda taking advantage of a disaster. Any relation to the Clintons?

Boy - you have a very selective memory (a common bigot trait). The first time they went to texas, when they didn't do anything other then spend tax payer money for a photo op, she was in heels.

I'm not a bigot, I am a Fascist and White Supremacist! Get your facts straight!

edit on 30-9-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join