It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's terrible, AD. It's one thing to want to make your supporters look ridiculous because you are a globalist scumbag disguised as a nationalist scumbag who is provoking his supporters.

But it's another story to allow people to suffer so greatly to make that point.

ETA: Be sure you aren't supporting a rat-fink globalist plan, yourself, when you criticize though.
edit on 9/30/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Gosh people are nasty nowadays.

I will always help a neighbor, anyone who is suffering from a horrible event.

Same here, I'm taking care of my 'biz' Puerto Rican friends place and animals while the went back to PR to take care of his invalid mother before the Storm. I haven't heard from him or his mom since the Maria storm. I'm beginning to worry.
He is ex military and very resourceful but....

So true...It seems like some members have no interest in contributing to the thread other than insulting other members in some kind of adolescent pissing match.

Sure.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I will always help a neighbor, anyone who is suffering from a horrible event.

Same here, I'm taking care of my 'biz' Puerto Rican friends place and animals while the went back to PR to take care of his invalid mother before the Storm. I haven't heard from him or his mom since the Maria storm. I'm beginning to worry.
He is ex military and very resourceful but....

So true...It seems like some members have no interest in contributing to the thread other than insulting other members in some kind of adolescent pissing match.

Sure.

I find it flattering that you take such a profound interest in my life. But I've told you before I'm a straight male and have no interest in any kind of relationship with people like you!!

please

and
the personal U2Us...I'm not interested!!
edit on 30-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Trump has been terrible with his response to the Puerto Rico catastrophe. Very non-presidential, and his usual dickish self for no reason. He dropped the ball and has only himself to blame.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I see him talking about the leadership. They don't want their workers doing it they want it all done for them.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What I've learned from this thread is that the US government is responding but the infrastructure in Puerto Rico is having a difficult time distributing the aid.

I've also learned that people REALLY hate Trump.

The part about Puerto Rico people being lazy?

Never been so I don't know.

So, peace out peeps, going to visit other threads and learn other great and wonderful things.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

In what way do you see the response terrible? I am honestly curious. I have sat reading this thread since the start. I have heard several people ask for specific reasons for the attack on the response. Yet, I have yet to see any coherent response with actual traceable facts. All I've seen is petty name calling and schoolyard bickering.

Lots of complaining

No solutions.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Still reading, but who refers to themselves in the third person?

"Was told by the Democrats that you must be nasty to Trump."

I actually laughers out laugh haha...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The wheels turn slow. The leaders in DC know they are covered with bunkers and food in a disaster.

I would think an island in that location would build some secure preparation for food and water. Shelter is more difficult. But that's my thought.

It's easy to think it's not going to happen though.
edit on 9/30/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That was you trying to spin Trump

No, it's you who is regurgitating DNC propaganda from the media, even though the tweet is CLEARLY directed towards PR leadership. You ignore that and happily spread lies.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: redpills

Lol so what? Puerto Ricans probably are lazy. I mean look at the island, just LOOK. Lazy mofos.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Way to deny ignorance, the rhetoric is most definitely helping the conservative cause at the moment.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

He's a 70 year-old child with skin so thin that the slightest breeze of criticism causes him to explode in Twitter tantrums.

Your ATS tantrums are no different.
Can you not see the similarities in your attitude and his?
This isn't new either. You've been a lil' trump for more than a year now.
You are becoming what you claim to stand against.
*shakes head*

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Gryphon66

Dear oh dear, calling me names is not going to make you sound any better,

So sad really.

But when people call Puerto Rican's "lazy," the post receives multiple stars.

It's really meh at this point, it's to be expected unfortunately.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I wasn’t surprised. Typical behavior in mid-stage Alzheimer’s. Also common in NPD.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Curt Schilling in Puerto Rico: Trump Provided Speedy Relief, But Execution on the Ground 'Horrifying'

Compounding the situation, relief efforts are not coming together well, the former major league baseball star told "Fox & Friends." "All have said that the president did everything in a pace that they've never seen before as far as him releasing money and releasing assets into these theaters," Schilling said. "The execution on the ground has been horrifying in some cases."

From a person on the ground, with a direct perspective saying the relief came quickly from the U.S. Yet the problem lies on the ground with the local distribution of these resources. Granted, the infrastructure was devastated, but the local authorities are the final word on relief plans for their own citizens. It is a sovereign nation, and the U.S. would be out of place to dictate how it should be handled unless asked so to do.

ETA

Teamsters organize truckers to move supplies in Puerto Rico

The Teamsters union and the AFL-CIO, a federation of more than 50 unions, are working together to recruit truckers to travel to Puerto Rico and help distribute a stockpile of relief supplies

Thousands of shipping containers full of food, water, and medicines were sitting unused at Puerto Rico's Port of San Juan.

Relief workers haven't been able to distribute the goods, in part because only about 20% of Puerto Rico's truck drivers have reported back to work since Hurricane Maria swept through, according to a representative for Puerto Rican Gov. Ricardo Rosselló.

So, a majority of local truckers (80%) have not returned to work and try to distribute the goods already sitting in port. So, the United States Teamsters union has to step up and send truckers there to do their jobs.

More proof local organization is sorely lacking and needs help from outside.

edit on 9/30/2017 by Krakatoa because: added another story

edit on 9/30/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

This is the Mud Pit!!! HOWEVER....

Note that it indicates name-calling, baiting and activity otherwise labeled as political trolling elsewhere on the site. Not generally hateful, bigoted, mean-spirited or gratuitous personal attacks on fellow members. It's also not exempt from the usual forum expectation of remaining on topic.

The Political Mud Pit is not a safe space for trolling for laughs. It's not a place to abuse fellow members. It's not a place to post every inane story you just want to rage about. It's not a place to spam off topic content.

This is simple: The mud pit is not a place where members can personally insult each other. You can rip each other's politics up but you can't get personal just to slag someone you don't like. Additionally, posts must be relevant to the stated thread topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So as usual I read an anti-Trump headline, then see what was inferred is not what was said.

And people wonder how the term 'fake news' endures.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

According to sycophantic Trump supporters, the President is a counter puncher — take a swing at him and he'll come right back at you. The reality is somewhat different. He's a 70 year-old child with skin so thin that the slightest breeze of criticism causes him to explode in Twitter tantrums.

For all his screeching about "fake news" it's readily apparent from his reactions that he watches a lot of cable news. And it looks like criticism over the speed with which the federal government has responded to the catastrophic hurricane damage in Puerto Rico, an island of nearly three and a half million Americans, has him tremendously triggered — so much so that the Misleader of the Fact-free World has launched an attack on the Mayor of San Juan, the media and most reprehensibly, the very victims of this disaster, Puerto Ricans.

That's right folks, according to Donald Trump, Puerto Ricans aren't doing anything because "they want everything done for them." In other words, he's calling them lazy. And he's doing so because whenever he perceives a threat to his fragile ego, his first instinct is to lash out with outlandish claims and his "lack of filter" — otherwise known as poor impulsive control — leaves him incapable of moderating himself.

I think we can all understand mud slinging between political opponents but to attack the victims, people who lack the means to even see his shameful words, let alone defend themselves, is disgusting. Making matters worse, the Trump supporters' brand of uber divisive political correctness compels many of them to spring into action to defend his every word and deed, even if it means lowering themselves to his level to do so, even if it means substituting reality with a fiction conducive to his needs.

I don't see a counter puncher. I see a man, weak of character, who would kick millions of suffering people when they're down, people he swore to serve to the best of his ability.

Thar be brown people in Puerto Rico don't ya know?

Your OP deserves reposting.....

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join