It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Gryphon66

My husband was born in NJ but his parents were born in Puerto Rico and are as Puertorrican as I am.

Please don't talk about what you have not clue about.

Is starting to sound funny.

Unsurprisingly, you missed the point. You were able to marry an American and get away from PR. Had that not happened you would likely still be there and be one of the faceless that you and the rest of these cretins are making such horrible statements about.

So how lucky you are eh? You sound just like the rest of these.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The relief efforts are been hindered due to the Truckers contracted by the Island government to show for work, they are run by a private company and they so far refuse to show up to pick up the aid from the port.

Is a lot of corruption involved and power struggle trying to undermine the present governor.

Now help has been going on by Fema since last week, to the center of the Island via air support, medical staff and rescued crews have help many in needs.

What the news shows is not really what is going on in PR, they are holding back a lot of information from the rest of the Island.

BTW my brother works for one of the government agencies in San Juan that has to do with the government communications that is why I get to talk to him, he is a computer engineer that has work for the government for the last 30 years.

He is pretty high up without getting into details.

The Island will recuperate and I hope you get to visit when everything gets better, this time things will be different the infrastructure will be build from the ground up hopefully.

PR rain forest is like no other, you have to see it to believe it.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Dear oh dear, calling me names is not going to make you sound any better,

So sad really.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Oh, I forgot, we PuertoRicans are Americans.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We're all doing all we can for Puerto Rico. There's military and humanitarian help coming in by the hour. I work for a medical supply company, and just the employee cash donations alone are almost $150000, not including the medical supplies donated. The mayor of San Juan was being completely political to say the response was inadequate. It's a slap in the face to all of us continental Americans doing what we can. Trump is just covering his ass in the only way he knows how. Can't really blame him, as it's been pretty successful for him with his base.

God bless all of our brothers and sisters in Puerto Rico. I sincerely hope that you have a speedy recovery. My best friend is Puerto Rican, and I feel for you all. Believe me when I say you are all on our minds and in our prayers, and we will continue to give what we can to help you through this terrible crisis.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: StallionDuck

- He was dead on. The mayor there didn't want to lift a finger. He didn't want HIS workers involved. He wanted someone to do it all for them as in our Guard, our Workers (US residential) while he and his workers just sapped around. He said it should be a COMMUNITY effort. This was in NO WAY pointing to the people of PR, just the idiots who run it and their PAID WORKERS.

You're so abreast of the situation that you don't even know the mayor in question isn't a he. So... yea...

That is all you have for that?

Dude, you are a joke.

Haha He said "a breast"... How disrespectful.

Best part is.. It didn't matter what gender being refereed. The points were the same.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

So sad really.

Not that I did, but why should you be too good to be called names? Like you and the rest of the vultures here are calling the Puerto Rican people.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So sad really.

Not that I did, but why should you be too good to be called names? Like you and the rest of the vultures here are calling the Puerto Rican people.

Epic fail!

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Oh, I forgot, we PuertoRicans are Americans.

Yes you are which makes it even sadder to see the things being said here about our fellow Americans that you are chiming in on. I’m sure you’re very proud to look down on folks.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
Hell I’ve had T-shirt’s made in the middle of concert in a corn field in nowhere Wisconsin by a vendor almost too drunk to stand. Doubt it would be too hard for her snag one from cnn before an interview, especially if it is advertising the message she wants sent out.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: UnBreakable

Can we not be vague here? The truth hurts about what? Please tell me you're not jumping on the "Puerto Ricans are lazy" bandwagon?

Some are - a bit like Mexico sending drug dealers and rapists - but some I am sure are good people.

Seems the Mayor is one of the lazy ones (or incompetent) more interested in bashing people trying to help and playing politics.
Unfortunately, some seem to want to put everyone into defined groups and when anyone in each group is criticised make it some sort of anti-#insert group here# drama.
edit on 30/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The relief efforts are been hindered due to the Truckers contracted by the Island government to show for work, they are run by a private company and they so far refuse to show up to pick up the aid from the port.

Is a lot of corruption involved and power struggle trying to undermine the present governor.

Now help has been going on by Fema since last week, to the center of the Island via air support, medical staff and rescued crews have help many in needs.

What the news shows is not really what is going on in PR, they are holding back a lot of information from the rest of the Island.

BTW my brother works for one of the government agencies in San Juan that has to do with the government communications that is why I get to talk to him, he is a computer engineer that has work for the government for the last 30 years.

He is pretty high up without getting into details.

The Island will recuperate and I hope you get to visit when everything gets better, this time things will be different the infrastructure will be build from the ground up hopefully.

PR rain forest is like no other, you have to see it to believe it.

You know... It's sad to say this and I feel awkward doing so because I'm not a bad person. I'm just stating the obvious with the sadness of seeing people, any people suffer.

I see that this storm wasn't a good thing vs people because the poor should not be trampled on. However, the storm against what comes next... I ask, perhaps more beneficial in the long run? I guess it's like saying, would you give up a neighborhood of poverty for a better one in it's place? What would you sacrifice for such change and betterment for the people?

Yes it was a horrible thing but it was also better for the people in the long run, sans the people who died. I would like to see a corrupt government there removed completely. No point in having the same people run a country while it's being rebuilt better than before. They will reap the rewards and suck the people dry and it'll ultimately end up right back to where it was before the storm.

So things WILL get better than it ever was before but staying that way depends ultimately on the people who run it.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

But the white rich folk of the Virgin Islands are "working hard". Those lazy Puerto Ricans!

Seriously?
The U.S. Virgin Islands are 76% Black or African American.
edit on 9/30/2017 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Gosh people are nasty nowadays.

I will always help a neighbor, anyone who is suffering from a horrible event.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
He's golfing AGAIN?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
He's golfing AGAIN?

Yep. It was only wrong when Obama did it.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Are we all talking about the same Puerto Rico that the government and people had allowed to fall into near bankruptcy before the hurricane ?
The same that the US pumped millions into to try and stave off a failing territory ?

The State (or in this case the territory) is responsible for a natural disaster and how Federal response is handled .
This Puerto Rico ?

Puerto Rico is without power but mayor finds way to make and distribute custom t-shirts?

I think you need to investigates those claims properly...as in money flow...both ways, as in Pharmaceutical companies tax havens, a lot of things, including why America continues to hold on to PR? Trump made money out of it that's for sure, then blew when things went wrong. Anyway, why not PR getting a bailout? the American banks did! looking at the whys and wherefores, it won't be as easy as your smug post here.

BTW, the ATS link you posted is a load of rubbish, with an opening post full of rhetoric worthy of Trump himself.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Well they can prove him wrong.

Clear the roads, grab a truck and deliver supplies....start construction projects.

Or not. They are not doing that in meaningful numbers.

Aid is sitting in ports rotting in the sun.

edit on 9 30 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I will always help a neighbor, anyone who is suffering from a horrible event.

Same here, I'm taking care of my 'biz' Puerto Rican friends place and animals while the went back to PR to take care of his invalid mother before the Storm. I haven't heard from him or his mom since the Maria storm. I'm beginning to worry.
He is ex military and very resourceful but....

So true...It seems like some members have no interest in contributing to the thread other than insulting other members in some kind of adolescent pissing match.
edit on 30-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

(post by RazorV66 removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join