It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla - Free Energy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Tesla invented the first alternating current (AC) motor and developed AC generation and transmission technology.

Do you think so ?

Because of AC's advantages in long distance high voltage transmission, there were many inventors in the United States and Europe during the late 19th century trying to develop workable AC motors.[3] The first person to conceive of a rotating magnetic field was Walter Baily, who gave a workable demonstration of his battery-operated polyphase motor aided by a commutator on June 28, 1879, to the Physical Society of London.[4] Describing an apparatus nearly identical to Baily’s, French electrical engineer Marcel Deprez published a paper in 1880 that identified the rotating magnetic field principle and that of a two-phase AC system of currents to produce it.[5] Never practically demonstrated, the design was flawed, as one of the two currents was “furnished by the machine itself.”[4] In 1886, English engineer Elihu Thomson built an AC motor by expanding upon the induction-repulsion principle and his wattmeter.[6] In 1887, American inventor Charles Schenk Bradley was the first to patent a two-phase AC power transmission with four wires. "Commutatorless" alternating current induction motors seem to have been independently invented by Galileo Ferraris and Nikola Tesla. Ferraris demonstrated a working model of his single-phase induction motor in 1885, and Tesla built his working two-phase induction motor in 1887 and demonstrated it at the American Institute of Electrical Engineers in 1888[7][8][9] (although Tesla claimed that he conceived the rotating magnetic field in 1882).[10] In 1888, Ferraris published his research to the Royal Academy of Sciences in Turin, where he detailed the foundations of motor operation;[11] Tesla, in the same year, was granted a United States patent for his own motor.[12] Working from Ferraris's experiments, Mikhail Dolivo-Dobrovolsky introduced the first three-phase induction motor in 1890, a much more capable design that became the prototype used in Europe and the U.S.[13][14][15] He also invented the first three-phase generator and transformer and combined them into the first complete AC three-phase system in 1891.[16] The three-phase motor design was also worked on by the Swiss engineer Charles Eugene Lancelot Brown,[13] and other three-phase AC systems were developed by German technician Friedrich August Haselwander and Swedish engineer Jonas Wenström.[17]

en.wikipedia.org...

I think not.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor
a reply to: dragonridr

Simple resistance you waist alot of the charge.

You mean when passing a current thru a resistor, charge is not conserved?! Those electrons evaporate somewhere?

I can pass electricity through rubber if i have enough voltage but its a waist of energy.

Voltage is NOT energy. Drop of voltage multiplied by current multiplied by time IS energy. Don't you think increasing voltage decrease I2R losses?

In HVDC power lines, do you have an idea of the magitude of Ohmic losses vs Corona loss???

I think you don't know what your talking about! Stop wasting my time.

Resistance causes heat which causes energy loss. There is also some caused by the magnetic field causing ionization. resistors are "places" where charges crash on particles inside the resistor and the "walls" of the resistors.So the crashes would cause a drop in energy.if you dont understand this i suggest you go back to school and quit waisting my time.

Ps voltage is energy because itmeasures current. Have a question for you please explain how in your world this works?

If i have 2 resistors when current passes through the second it will register 0 volts? If you get stuck ill answer it for you.

edit on 10/2/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

a
That was paid from his native country.

Source? And the New Yorker was still not a 'dump' as claimed.

What if he accepted that Nobel price? What if he never abandonned his EXTREMELY lucrative patent right to Westinghouse for the sole purpose to avoid Edison win the AC/DC war?

I guess that would have made him a good business man like his rival Edison.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Source? And the New Yorker was still not a 'dump' as claimed.

Never said the New Yorker was a dump! But you make a point by asking for my src on who paid for the hotel for Tesla!

Most of the things I know from Tesla are coming from a big bundle of paper/photocopy that were lend to me by a teacher that was doing serious reasearching on Tesla. It was back well before the advent of internet. Also a couple years ago, info I remember reading on internet was matching what I knew. But now it seem lots of history have either completely changed about Tesla or are very controversial. Even the story about the Nobel price with Edison is now muddy. Will definitively check if I have kept some writen documents copies!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Never said the New Yorker was a dump!

Did I say it was you? I was replying to another poster about that comment and you interjected yourself into our conversation. Whomever was paying for that hotel was not paying for a 'dump'.

But you make a point by asking for my src on who paid for the hotel for Tesla!

Which you didn't bother to provide.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Which you didn't bother to provide.

Seem you too have problem at reading correctly post from other!

Will definitively check if I have kept some writen documents copies!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Seem you too have problem at reading correctly post from other!

I read your cop out excuse currently. I doubt any evidence will be forthcoming about Jesus Tesla.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I read your cop out excuse currently. I doubt any evidence will be forthcoming about Jesus Tesla.

Will definitively check back the info I have and cross check what I have. But on reading your last reply, it transpire that you are a fine exemple of a Delta Bravo... An authentic one with all the sophisticate associated manners, so yes, you can count on the fact that I will not bother to transmit back to you any info!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

...you can count on the fact that I will not bother to transmit back to you any info!!!

I expected no less. When people get caught making things us they typically resort to deflection.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
To all who may be interested, except for a specific individual with Deviously Bad manners, here the source of many affirmations coming from me about Tesla: 'Life and Times of Nikola Tesla' by E. J. Quinby published in Radio-Electronics issue August 1983 that I have kept in paper format.

It is said Tesla was a mathematical genius and had memorized whole logarithmic tables (p.52). Created the first man-made lighting (p.53). "Tesla became a regular guest at the Morgan home" and "Morgan agreed to underwrite Tesla's project of transmitting electric power without wires. (p.54). "The powerfull but inefficient Marconi spark transmitters were replaced by the highly successful RF alternators" (from Tesla). (p.55/56). "He never acquired the habit of writing notes" (p.56). "In 1912 it was announced that Nikola Tesla and Thomas A. Edison had been chosen to share the Nobel Prize" (p.56).

Only the ref. on his native country allowing a rent to pay hotel is still unfound by me!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Only the ref. on his native country allowing a rent to pay hotel is still unfound by me!

Shocker.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

Created the first man-made lighting

He lived 1856-1943.

The first electric light was invented some 54 years before he was even alive (1802), by Humphry Davy.

There’s also Warren de la Rue, who made a coiled filament in a vacuum tube and passed electricity through it, in 1840. 16 years before Tesla was born.

And 1850, 6 years befor Tesla was born, Joseph Wilson Swan created a light bulb by encasing carbonized paper filaments in an evacuated glass bulb.

And there are others that have done similar before Tesla done it.

source for the above

Tesla has been “credited” for a lot of things he just hasn’t done.
edit on 2102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You're fighting a losing fight. Tesla's myth has so far outgrown his accomplishments that you'd think he invented everything from particle physics to the George Foreman Grill.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The first electric light...

The first man made lighting, like lightning bolt ! There was a typo in the doc and transcribed as is.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

...to the George Foreman Grill.

I was SURE he did invent it. George Foreman was just a pseudonym.

At least, that’s how it was in my timeline.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

So you’re saying it’s not “lighting” (as your source says), but “lightning”?

Doesn’t say much for your source (that you didn’t link to, btw).

Oh, you might want to look up William Thomson, 1st Baron Kelvin.
edit on 2102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
In the doc I'm reading, there is a citation from Tesla were he describe very well his detractor: "I am unwilling to accord to small-minded and jealous individuals the satisfaction of having thwarted my efforts. These men are to me nothing more than microbes of a nasty disease."

The description still make perfect fit...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Doesn’t say much for your source (that you didn’t link to, btw).

Are you also at working to make me loose patience like the other DB? I have cited previously the document, learn to read, if not shut it up!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Bit touchy aren’t you?

Guess that happens when your pet theories get dismantled and found to be bunk.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have cited the document, you can now safely crawl back under your rock...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join