It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla - Free Energy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

In one of my electronics kits (MyKit series), there was a project...

I used to play with such "kits" from Radio Shack, incredible memory...

But was making reference to HVDC using the ground either as an active line or as a spare line.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So, the atmosphere conducts electricity?

Once ionized, pretty well I think, but neutral condition are so so. Still a good idea to avoid those leaders during a thunderstorm.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

bzzt

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

well ,yeah .. If I read it right Nicola Tesla was an inventor/scientist. And if I read it right again (not english speaker) I see that he doubted the heaviside layer (named after oliver heaviside ?) Doubt is fine it's the basis of science. you make it sound as if he just believed that .....pffff.

Also taking into account the time at which this article is writtting I find it kind of disturbing that calling experimental results 'stupid' and 'silly' well that must be the new norm being arrogant and sarcastic.

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.” ― Nikola Tesla

Tesla was scientist inventor and had also a very open mind in regards with the non-physical world. I find it very likely that he might invented stuff that isn't on the table yet. Maybe 'free energy' is part of that.

edit on 1012017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

He was a very good engineer.
Exceptional.

edit on 10/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

that we can agree upon phage , it are engineers like tesla that eventually will discover free energy.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Maybe. Accidents do happen.

But Nikola didn't do so.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Not an Accident (that was downplay wasn't it) engineers/scientists like Tesla has insight into the laws of nature.

But Nikola didn't do so.

You don't know Much is unknown.

Be a bit more open minded. I've experimented with caduceus coils (weird stuff) do we really know all there is about electromagnetism ? Skeptics just follow the path and deny options. Much can be learned , also much can be denied.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Not an Accident (that was downplay wasn't it) engineers/scientists like Tesla has insight into the laws of nature.

Except that engineers like Tesla did not understand the concept of electromagnetic radiation. He was wrong, wrong, wrong about it. Can you show otherwise? Do I need to quote his absurdities once again?

You don't know Much is unknown.
Please. Tell me, how much is unknown, exactly? I'm all ears.

Skeptics just follow the path and deny options.
False. But you seem to be conflating science with skepticism. Though they are related they are not the same thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Except that engineers like Tesla did not understand the concept of electromagnetic radiation. He was wrong, wrong, wrong about it. Can you show otherwise? Do I need to quote his absurdities once again?

Either do we , Quaternions ? Maxwell equotations... and of course Oliver heaviside.

Please. Tell me, how much is unknown, exactly? I'm all ears.

Exactly 10 times that much as is unknown to phage.

Skeptics just follow the path and deny options.

Skeptics deny , look I'm/was on ATS for the openmindedness. This thread is about Free energy.
I'm everytime amazed how close minded people are on sites like this. I do not conflate anything , science is very openminded compared to skeptics. It's the skeptics with an attitude I hate and there plenty of them on ATS. If one starts to talk 'stupid' 'absurd' in regard with people like Nicola Tesla one has to consider that many is still unknown. Science admits (true science). But as I say skeptics just follow the cut and paste path. Declining Free energy as a myth which it is not.

To be clear the scalar part of the maxwell equotations was simplified by oliver heaviside (No NT needed here). And this tells me that at least there is a loophole in the theory... things to be discovered like Tesla did Free energy might be already a fact ignored by those who profit of it's absence.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Skeptics deny , look I'm/was on ATS for the openmindedness.

Skeptics question. Skeptics offer alternate explanations to extraordinary claims.

To be clear the scalar part of the maxwell equotations was simplified by oliver heaviside (No NT needed here). And this tells me that at least there is a loophole in the theory... things to be discovered like Tesla did Free energy might be already a fact ignored by those who profit of it's absence.
To be clear, you have no idea what you are talking about. Show me wrong, explain what you mean by the "scalar part of the maxwell equations."

More to the point, perhaps, show me where Tesla claimed that electricity can be transmitted through the air.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Hyperboles

Id be willing to bet it's doable...but where's the money and ability to control the serfs in that?
If its doable someone even secretly would have done it even to feed his neighbourhood

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Not sure, but in the movie abbout tesla, one can see him in colorado springs, sticking bulbs in the dirt and they lit up

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Skeptics question.

... and often call people delusional.

To be clear, you have no idea what you are talking about. Show me wrong, explain what you mean by the "scalar part of the maxwell equations."

insulting aren't we ? From my mind Well I have some Idea I learned Maxwell equotations decades ago on university. Short answer To derive them one has to use complex numbers nowadays. Result is a set of equotations. But original Maxwell equotations used Quaternions instead of complex numbers. Using Quaternions lead to a bigger set of equotations , this was impractical so a 'student?' Oliver Heaviside? derived the same although smaller (subset) by using only complex numbers. The scalar part was omitted. Word has that tesla continued to include that part.

better explanation here cant understand it all though... (Math !)

MATH
(look at the wave equotation part)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Tesla was scientist inventor and had also a very open mind in regards with the non-physical world.

The bacterial virus is right on this one. Tesla was an exceptional engineer, inventor and a true genius, but he does not fit completely the description of a scientist. Except for numerous patents and couples philosophical papers, he basically never documented his work. And to be considered a scientist you need to publish. Sure he was doing empirical science, but more like the inventor he was. Not being considered a scientist is not necessarily a bad thing if you value realization of concrete work, as scientist stay in the realm of theorical constructs, usually.

One thing to know about Tesla was that he taken great pleasure at mystification, probably a way at expressing and enjoying his greatly superior mind, some form of arrogance I would think. This is probably why many think he was a fraud.

His death ray design was interesting but probably no more usefull than a conventional high rep gun like the Vulcan. As for his vision of wireless electrical distribution worldwide, it is akind of the early age of atomic energy, anyones was dreaming of atomic powered devices, from the pacemaker to the car... Reality considerations came back, eventually.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Oh. That explains everything.

The scalar part was omitted.
By Maxwell? No, it wasn't. Scalar quantities are definitely in there. But please explain for the less educated, what a scalar quantity represents and how it relates to Tesla's ideas of electrical transmission.

I'm having some trouble understanding your source. Can you clarify what it is saying? Does it say that Tesla thought that electricity can be transmitted through air? I ask because it doesn't seem to say that, nor have I found any of his writings which make that claim. Quite the contrary, actually.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
"Electric Power is everywhere present in Unlimited quantities, and can drive the World's machinery without the need of coal, oil gas or any other of the common fuels".

- Nikola Tesla

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Well I have some Idea I learned Maxwell equotations decades ago on university.

The scalar part was omitted.

Last time I have "flirted" with Maxwell equations, the teacher demonstrated from them that only the transverse part is able to propagate in free space. The two others scalar components had too high exponent at the distance variable to allow them to propagate past one or two wavelength in distance (stay in near field).

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

well yes Phage but I think to become a scientist one has to fit into their community and Tesla did question a lot.
A lot of his documentation is lost and conficated, publication even replication of his experiments wasn't done by the scientific 'community'. So right not a scientist recognized by the community.

Well we never know what the usefullness of his inventions is/was .

I remember that AC was called dangerous and not usefull at the time just because most meter were DC and therefore unable to detect. Science was lagging behind at that time. AC won just because it could transport electicity more efficient....

Sidenote :

Funny that you mention the early age of atomic energy. Yes people dreamed about atomic powered devices ,but they still do. From at least the early 50's it was known that thorium would be a good substitute for uranium. Still inventors/engineers on the internet , concepts of very small nuclear devices. Another path not uranium but thorium used , but there is opposition a whole industry against this. Not a least because enriched uranium makes good bombs. Tesla might have loved those inventors.

Thorium

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Yeah, well, he was in love with a pigeon. So...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join