It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rico is without power but mayor finds way to make and distribute custom t-shirts?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Leave it to Republicans and Trump supporters to bash PR after it’s been devastated by a hurricane. They always choose the asshole stance.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
tshirts cost prolly 50 censt to make there. you dont need power to make them. you think she literally made the shirts and passed them out herself ? LOL

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
You'll see true "fake outrage" soon when PR hits 3 weeks without water/power.

Typical right wingers, always forgetting the bigger picture.

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Dembow

He's doing media relations and you bought it

And you are buying the others story, congrats.

The fake outrage I'm talking about is coming out of seekingalpha and not the people in PR.

Help is there and more is coming, maybe the people of PR can do a bit more then crying and start helping with the clean up efforts so the supplies can get to where they need to go.

you are right we WILL indeed see the fake outrage when in 3 weeks there will not be power and water from island sources. and that is mainly because those people like you can not see the real big picture. it is a foregone conclusion that restoring electrical power will take at the least MONTHS to do. they have to pretty much completely start building the power grid from scratch. and to make it worse many things they will need, they will have to wait to be manufactured. we already know for example that power poles of critical importance for power distribution, were unavailable even before Puerto Rico got hit. as even Florida at that time had to wait for them to be manufactured. then add on the time it will take mainly using ships that travel at 20mph to get there once said supplies are available. and electricity except for things like hospitals is unneeded and should be rather low on the priority list anyway.

water is a slightly different story. they are already having supplies of water coming in. and so even though it will take a long time to get the local water supplies cleaned out and made safe. water will be brought in as is already happening to deal with that issue.

so yes any outrage these two things will cause will be fake, because anyone with a working brain knows that it will take a long time to deal with these two issues. at least those who can see the big picture unlike typical liberals who seem to think we live in a sci-fi or fantasy world where we just have to snap our fingers and these things will appear. seriously i saw a comment elsewhere from another unrealistic liberal saying that the medical ship taking so long to travel there is the fault of Trump's racism. not the fact that big ships like that can only travel at 20mph. again she seems to think Trump just had to snap his fingers and the ship would magically move between the two points in the blink of an eye.

i have to say this using of a disaster for political gain is beyond disgusting. and while that shirt and hat could easily have been made and printed without electricity. my bet is that it was brought in for the hysterical mayor to wear to cause political issues. the question is, was her hysteria fake in order to manipulate the masses? or is she just incompetent?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You folks are missing the only important part here: It's not Trump's fault. It's not Trump's fault.

Repeat after me.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

P.S. speaking from a person who actually has experience with hurricane damage let me point out what should be obvious. The roads are impassable. They can't clear the roads that fast. They need more trucks. The trucks need gasoline. They have no gas or electricity to pump it. There's only so much a person can do with a chain saw. If the trucks can't get in to haul away the debris how do they advance? It's a piece by piece clean up at this point because the island was pretty much flattened. Every hand available won't be enough. Oh yeah and it's in the tropics which are hot and humid and full of mosquitoes too. Just in case you forget the conditions they have to work under.

speaking as a person who has actually had experience with typhoon damage let me point out what should be obvious. if you are properly prepared for such events you you do not need electricity or gas to pump fuel. every single gas pump here has a hand crank that can be installed and used to pump fuel in needed. also one does not need trucks to clear roadways. sure they can make it easier to do, but are not essential. you don't even need a chainsaw, although again it does make it easier. you do not need trucks immediately to haul away debris, you just need to get it off of the road. and those that live in such hot, humid areas know full well how to work in the heat. the easiest way is to work in the morning, take the afternoon off, and work again in the evening. that way you miss the worst heat of the day and work in the cooler periods. what the heck do mosquitoes even have to do with anything that you need to mention them? and guess what every hand available is enough to do the work. recovering from disasters like this are not instant. it can easily take years to complete. i know people who lived in tents and lean toos for 3 or 4 years as they waited to get permanent housing built. it's hard, it's not pleasant, but millions deal with it all the time without government leaders having to wear SOS hats and inflammatory shirts, as they go into hysterics about "we're all gonna die". sadly this idiot mayor is making the US a laughing stock over how they can't deal with their problems without becoming hysterical. a leader such as a mayor's job is to project calm and reassure the people, not spread panic and fear like she has done. she needs to step down and let a real leader take her place.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Gothmog
oh excuse me, I guess all the nuclear testing was done on those other island territories, the marshall islands.
but still many, many bombs were dropped on part of puerto rico it seems,
did they give permission, did the marshall islands give permission, for any bombs to be dropped onto them???
ya see, that was my point.

Early in World War II, when fortunes looked grim for the Allies, the U.S. Navy occupied three-quarters of Vieques, which sits eight miles from the Puerto Rican mainland, moved one-third of its population to the nearby Virgin Islands, and planned to relocate the entire British fleet there in the event of a German invasion of England. Instead, Vieques became the U.S. testing ground for nearly every weapon used during the Cold War.

inthesetimes.com...

it just seems rather odd to me that a government who thought it was within their right to turn a part of puerto rico into a toxic cesspool by dropping bombs on them not that long ago, thought that they should wait around to get a request before they sent military aide after two hurricane ravaged the island now. the least they could have done was have the ships enroute so that they could be put to use faster when the request came.

We excuse you for not being able to read the article you yourself posted. Apology accepted. RIF

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

I'm that crazy liberal you're referring to (and I'm neither crazy or a liberal). Carriers can easily travel at 30 mph. From it's current position to PR is about 4000 miles. That's 5 days travel time, being sent 3 days before the storm landed, it would be 14 days at this point. It would have arrived 9 days ago to help. It wasn't even my argument that the ships weren't there yet though, my argument was that they weren't even ordered to go help. We barely sent the Comfort and it's still en route. A carrier group is the first thing Trump should have sent, and we didn't.

Our response to this disaster has been a disaster.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hilarious. Question Trump on anything and the Google machine here goes into overdrive to discredit the person. Empathy is truly dead.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Got news from PR just now, water has been restore to most of the metropolitan area and surrounding towns.

Gas is available, the Power grid is been debated right now and the Island government will be asking Trump tomorrow for billions in hope that the federal government allocate more than expected because the private agencies that runs the electrical power wants to rebuild from the ground up.

BTW communications will be hopefully established at some capacity by the end of the week.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
BTW, La comandante the major of San Juan got a back lash for her stupid political stance at the expenses of the PR disaster and is now hiding from the news.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That wouldn't help. There aren't enough useful aircraft on a Nimitz class carrier for what is needed on PR.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: FlyingFox
The whole thing makes about as much sense as Puerto Rico helping DC when they have a snow storm.

Why? Puerto Rico is pretty much on par with every single state in the US. It wouldn't be tolerated if California had a major earthquake and we refused to help them. Why is a piss poor response in Puerto Rico acceptable?

The majority of Puerto Ricans don't want statehood. The island has been under left-wing rule for a long time, and look at the economy problems, and other problems they have.

Should we help them with this natural disaster? sure. But this flip flop of wanting help from the U.S. only when they have problems and at the same time they want to be an independent country cannot continue.

Either the majority of Puerto Ricans want to be part of the U.S., or they continue to be an independent country.

I saw several signs of Puerto Rican protestors in the Trump tower call for the U.S. to pay off the debt of Puerto Rico. The Puerto Rican major Cruz, also is trying to use this crisis to have the U.S. "bail out the debt of Puerto Rico". So there are people who are using this crisis simply to demand money from the U.S. even though the majority of Puerto Ricans don't want to be part of the U.S.

edit on 3-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

They've voted for statehood several times, their last vote was 97% yes.

I would say they want it.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Aazadan

That wouldn't help. There aren't enough useful aircraft on a Nimitz class carrier for what is needed on PR.

It would help in the amount they have. We could fly them over from neighboring states and use the carriers as a fueling location too. That's what they did in Haiti.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join