It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rico is without power but mayor finds way to make and distribute custom t-shirts?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
We have hurricane evacuation routes clearly marked and a system of gates in place to reverse traffic flow away from the coast but aside from that what can they do? Have hurricane drills?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Check out the custom t-shrt San Juan mayor is wearing in this interview.

It reeks of propaganda but also raises the question of how she obtined ot so quickly in a powerless disaster area.

Why doesn't she put the same amount of effort into distributing all the aid that is piled up?

It seems her real priority is to push an Anti-American agenda.

You do realize it takes almost no effort to make a tshirt plus it's in front of a CNN interview. They could have easily made arrangements in minutes.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DBCowboy

What evidence do you have to suggest that?

None.

It's why I stated that it is my opinion.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I'm going to take this with a grain of salt considering you've said the same thing about the democrats in this country.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

You're right. CNN probably help "arrange" it. Good eye!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

One would think there's a basis for that thought.
Sorry my mistake.

(post by Sillyolme removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

What makes you think the media is lying and not the Fed's who claim they are doing everything possible?
I mean really. You just automatically assume that it's some sort of spin?

On another note I know you have family there and I sincerely hope they are all okay and safe.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

why did it take a week before they even decide to send them out when it came to puerto rico???

And they only did it after Hillary Clinton made the suggestion.
She lost the election and she's still more on top of the situation.
Sending the Comfort never even occurred to trump...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

He has a cell phone.

September, 2017
11:00 AM
Pool Call Time Out-of-Town Travel Pool Call Time
Hyatt House Lobby

11:05 AM
9 holes. Just in case I need to act presidential or something.

2:00 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Administrator of FEMA Brock Long by telephone
Trump National Golf Club Bedminster
Closed Press

2:15 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Governor Ricardo Rossell of Puerto Rico by telephone
Closed Press

2:25 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Resident Commissioner of Puerto Rico Jenniffer Gonzlez-Coln by telephone
Closed Press

2:35 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Luis Fortuo, former Governor of Puerto Rico, by telephone
Closed Press

2:45 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Governor Kenneth Mapp of the US Virgin Islands by telephone
Closed Press

3:00 PM
A quick snack of KFC and I can get 18 holes in before dinner. I wonder what's new at Taco Bell ???
edit on 1012017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

edit on 1012017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Marg, I understand where you're coming from, but I think the spin is coming from the White House, more than the media. Yes, humanitarian aide is being implemented, but it looks like Trump is creating unnecessary red tape to protect rebuilding financial business interests above the immediate need of life saving food and water, not to mention medical intervention.

Of course Puerto Rico will need to be rebuilt, but why politicize the territory's debt, troubles and flaws while people are languishing in desperation?

Exactly. Why even mention it.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

You do realize she was going to get dressed to appear before the media anyway right? So this shirt or another probably didn't take too much of her time in deciding.
It's not like she made it herself.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The simple fact that he tweeted is enough.
He always needs to defend himself. Instead of just doing what needs doing.
No he has to attack because someone said something mean about him. The baby.

Then he of course has to brag about himself.

Yeah..

When did you say you could pick him up? Or if you pay for shipping....

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

P.S. speaking from a person who actually has experience with hurricane damage let me point out what should be obvious. The roads are impassable. They can't clear the roads that fast. They need more trucks. The trucks need gasoline. They have no gas or electricity to pump it. There's only so much a person can do with a chain saw. If the trucks can't get in to haul away the debris how do they advance? It's a piece by piece clean up at this point because the island was pretty much flattened. Every hand available won't be enough. Oh yeah and it's in the tropics which are hot and humid and full of mosquitoes too. Just in case you forget the conditions they have to work under.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Because I have a brother that works for one of the government agencies in the Island, his offices are in San Juan and is a government position and a political position at that.

How about that.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hilarious thread premise. I imagine someone on the island made the shirt, and probably gave it to her right before her interview. Why the comments about power? The island is without power, except for generators.

As far as having "plan in place," you can't really have a plan in place for a cat 5 / 4 hurricane that is bigger than your entire country, and destroys almost everything.

(post by Dudemo5 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Silly, stop falling for this b.s, you know what you said to me was very untrue, shame on you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join