It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rico is without power but mayor finds way to make and distribute custom t-shirts?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

This saddens me to no end and this is the kind of coverage that we won't ever see and if we do see it, it will be for some charity or donation drive that never sees its intended destination.

How long are we - as living, loving human beings - going to be treated like cattle; lambs to the slaughter? Why do we continue to support systems that do not care one iota for our well being? This has been demonstrated countless times over countless generations and all we seem to be able to do is whine about it. It's maddening and saddening at the same time. I hate it and yet I feel helpless to stop this depraved momentum careening us into a designed destruction of who we are.

Letting these people suffer while we bicker and fight is not who we are and yet we continue. Not only do we continue but we fuel the fires of the hate and division among us, which prevents us from correcting these corrupted systems. We are playing right into the hands of those who call us slaves with many titles.

If we do not stand together than we will all fall a-part.

Godspeed.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Priorities and all that........

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Mayor Carmen Cruz was mad at candidate Hillary Clinton too. She withdrew her support, last year.
www.dailykos.com...

Carmen is so busy being mad and agitated, that she hasn't accomplished squat, since her 2012 San Juan mayoral stint began.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

If this is even 50% accurate,then yes I'd like to see the U.S. military get as involved as possible. When you hear this along with stories some of the help that is reaching there being robbed by roving gangs. Not to get to simplistic but damn the military is was has rebuilt Iraq's infrastructure, time to do something with boots on the ground,that can make sure all people get the help thats needed.

Cant let the situation deteriorate much further. Might have to build back up those old ports and get a base on the island because this is going to be a long term situation but it's a damn worthy cause on a number of levels once you take care of the immediate needs. This isn't a place just to throw money at, it needs structure and manpower, otherwise what does get there is just going to be bled off to the few.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
You do realize one can screen print without electricity, right? don't understand the rage here. Do they not need help? Are they not dying?

because if people need help and are dying the last thing u should be doing is printing custom shirts, instead u should be out there turning over every last rock cause thats whats going to really save lives in those critical first couple days when there will be no chance of help even in the best circumstances. its a matter of triage albiet its been abit now so why not get something printed. what im curious about is how they got the shirts there cause most likely they werent manufactured there anyhow. so did they take up space that could have been used for something else or it could just be that people do need shirts anyhow so put a msg on them. blacks kind of a bad choice though considering how hot they get in the sun
edit on 1-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This idiot Mayor is not even turning up to meetings to coordinate relief efforts.
She is a political pawn trawling the news stations and printing propaganda. She is an utter disgrace.
Note that if Trump tweets he is apparently not focused on PR because he is racist... but here's the disgusting mayor doing the interview rounds and not a word from the Trump haters about the use of her time.

These political opportunists and haters are really, really disgusting people.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is your argument? Tee shirts?
Do you think that disproves something?
Are they lying when they say they have nothing?
Some tee shirt store with a generator couldn't get this done? How many custom shirts did you see? One?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Apparently just the fact that she has one is troubling. It implies something though I'm not sure just what...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Give me a break. You can justify just about anything if it supports a person who has nothing to do with your life at all.
Tell you what...you love him so much you can have him. For free. Just take him.
Please...

Today if possible...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Wow talk about denying ignorance. Or embracing it.
1) Puerto Rico is a territory like Guam. It is part of the United States. They even get to vote in some of our elections. Like primaries.
2) There has not been any talks about any states seceding from the union. Only silly conspiracy theories that don't mean anything.

So just stop.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
This is your argument? Tee shirts?
Do you think that disproves something?
Are they lying when they say they have nothing?
Some tee shirt store with a generator couldn't get this done? How many custom shirts did you see? One?

Well now, it didn't seem to stop the argument that because Trump tweeted he was not focused on PR, did it?
Apparently, the counter argument that this idiot mayor is on TV constantly and getting t-shirts printed up isn;t as valid for some reason

Who are 'they' that are saying they have nothing. It's clear that the ports are rammed full of supplies and thousands of people are on the island from the federal govt. helping. The issue is the distribution from the ports - something the PR authorities, including the mayor, have royally f'd up.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

Give me a break. You can justify just about anything if it supports a person who has nothing to do with your life at all.
Tell you what...you love him so much you can have him. For free. Just take him.
Please...

Today if possible...

You mentioned "deny ignorance" a post down from the one I am replying to... Take some time to reflect on your opinion that the President of the USA has nothing to do with my life here in the Uk at all. That opinion is the very pinnacle of ignorance.

edit on 1/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Really? If you still think they are not part of America I'd say you are the one who is ill informed.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Can you believe it? It's like they have to invent things to get triggered over.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
It seems her real priority is to push an Anti-American agenda.

PR is part of America

What part of her shirt is troubling to you?

Last I checked, there are fifty states in the USA and PR is not one of them.

Besides, some actual state officials are anti-america amd have gone so far as to propose secession like in Texas and California. So your point is invalid.

Last I checked, you don't need a passport to visit Puerto Rico.

What do you suppose that means?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So how much have you donated?

Zero like me?

You just came to bitch?

Cool.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It would seem she keeps her propaganda machine components close to the chest, and heart, and within arms reach.

originally posted by: dawnstar
they were screen printing long before there was electricity??? it looks like it was a simple screen print job, the hardest part of it would be getting the black not to show through...
electricity wouldn't be needed, expecially if you didn't care about how long lasting it was.

originally posted by: marg6043

I am going to tell you about the El comandante" the commandant, that is the derogative name that the Major of San Juan have, she is a political hag, looking to use the Hurricane disaster in the Island to pursue the governors seat, most government agencies base in San Juan hates her, because she thinks she have more balls than her male counterparts.

She won the seat of the Major of San Juan thanks of the links to corporate corrupted companies that bought it for her.

Now they want her to be governor because she serve them very well.

She is crocked and her political party is the one that under it most of the corruption to the governments coffers has come from.

They are the party of the rich and they have robed the government blind for the last 50 years.

She is an opportunist piece of political trash.

edit on 1-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What evidence do you have to suggest that?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I'm sure they had plans in place but this storm destroyed everything in its path and was way worse than any plan could have prepared for.

Who's that a hole saying they didn't have one? Someone with a mouth and a keyboard but not a clue?

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join