It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rico is without power but mayor finds way to make and distribute custom t-shirts?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Gothmog
oh excuse me, I guess all the nuclear testing was done on those other island territories, the marshall islands.
but still many, many bombs were dropped on part of puerto rico it seems,
did they give permission, did the marshall islands give permission, for any bombs to be dropped onto them???
ya see, that was my point.

Early in World War II, when fortunes looked grim for the Allies, the U.S. Navy occupied three-quarters of Vieques, which sits eight miles from the Puerto Rican mainland, moved one-third of its population to the nearby Virgin Islands, and planned to relocate the entire British fleet there in the event of a German invasion of England. Instead, Vieques became the U.S. testing ground for nearly every weapon used during the Cold War.

inthesetimes.com...

it just seems rather odd to me that a government who thought it was within their right to turn a part of puerto rico into a toxic cesspool by dropping bombs on them not that long ago, thought that they should wait around to get a request before they sent military aide after two hurricane ravaged the island now. the least they could have done was have the ships enroute so that they could be put to use faster when the request came.

What part of conventional munitions do you not get ?
I am not in any part taking offense at your article . Crap like that took place.
I only have a problem with folks that falsely glorify "stuff"
Again , read the article that you yourself linked.
Read up on where nuclear testing took place
Deny Ignorance
Done
Next

edit on 9/30/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

if there is such a problem with the electricity and communications...
just how are the banks supposed to open and function. how are they to get the money out of their accounts??
how are the truckers supposed to show up for work if the roads are destroyed or blocked, their money is sitting in a bank account and they can't get it out, and there is no fuel available anyways? how are they supposed cash the paycheck after they do the work??

that doesn't cover just how once they have picked up the freight they are to get it to where it needs to go, with all these problems!!!

they can airdrop the tanks, trucks and everything else they would need to land an invasion, but no, when it comes to an island torn apart by a natural disaster, they have to wait around for the ports to be cleared, the truckers to come and the aide to be transported around the island via a decimated road system...

nothing you have described explains why any hospital on that island that was left operational after the hurricane should have lost patients due to simply the lack of fuel for to power their generators... why every village, town, or city on the island shouldn't have had some way to communicate, had some type of shelter for their people, had at least water and mris for their people... within a few days of the hurricane..
all that could have been dropped in by the military. and, even if the local government didn't have their crap together, the federal gov't should have well known that it would be necessary long before now.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You have no idea how desperate I am, but knowing that I can communicate with my family keeps me calm when I start to panic.

I hope the Federal government additional help gets to the Island very quickly.

And yes dawnstar I agree with many of your points.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I was wrong about the nuclear testing, that was the marshall islands,
but they still felt free to turn part of puerto rico into a toxic cesspool, didn't they? and, unlike the nuclear testing, the conventional weapons testing I believe went on much longer.

and now, it seems that they want us to believe that they need an official request from puerto rico, probably filed in triplicate at different gov't offices before they could send navel ships in...

I find that hard to believe???

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Dang it here's Trumps schedule for the day talk about lying Liberals

September, 2017
11:00 AM
Pool Call Time Out-of-Town Travel Pool Call Time
Hyatt House Lobby

2:00 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Administrator of FEMA Brock Long by telephone
Trump National Golf Club Bedminster
Closed Press

2:15 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Governor Ricardo Rossell of Puerto Rico by telephone
Closed Press

2:25 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Resident Commissioner of Puerto Rico Jenniffer Gonzlez-Coln by telephone
Closed Press

2:35 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Luis Fortuo, former Governor of Puerto Rico, by telephone
Closed Press

2:45 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Governor Kenneth Mapp of the US Virgin Islands by telephone
Closed Press

And this is where you find his daily schedule but don't tell anybody.

Presidents Schedule

Don't see any golf yet

Mikell, I'm assuming this a joke? Trump's "Public Schedule" is by no means a complete list of his activities, golf or otherwise. According to this schedule Trump has only played golf nine times since taking office. Given that it is so clearly incomplete, why are you trying to use this as a source?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I don't know anyone on that island, and well...I imagine you already read how I raised with kind of a not so kind viewof puerto ricans in general, luckily not much has taken hold through the years though...
but man, this irks the crap out of me!!!
maybe they have good reason for dropping the ball, like I said, there were hurricanes in the seas between norfolk and puerto rico, but then if they felt those were a threat, they would have sent the ships out to sea, not left them ported.
so I don't know. I really think that someone, somehow, either intentially or not, dropped the ball on this.
to me, the only excuse they have is those hurricanes and I ain't hearing anyone mentioning those as an excuse.

edit on 30-9-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I was wrong about the nuclear testing, that was the marshall islands,
but they still felt free to turn part of puerto rico into a toxic cesspool, didn't they? and, unlike the nuclear testing, the conventional weapons testing I believe went on much longer.

and now, it seems that they want us to believe that they need an official request from puerto rico, probably filed in triplicate at different gov't offices before they could send navel ships in...

I find that hard to believe???

Dont know much about the US , do you ?
Every State , Territory , and Commonwealth have to let the Federal Government know what type of aid they need , how much of each . And yes , the Federal government can declare a natural disaster area , but the local government has to request it.
Getting US Navy ships to the affected area for an island would be a logistics nightmare . Especially using US warships.
But , of course , folks dont think about that
I guess the Federal Government can use all that magical pixie dust they have to magically get the ships to port , align supplies to be loaded , get it loaded and then magically teleport the ships to Puerto Rico
That is , if they have any ships close by....
Some may be weeks away . There are 2 very big oceans they may need to cross first
Folks just dont use common sense anymore.

edit on 9/30/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Since Vieques and Roosevelt Roads bases got closed due to the stupidity of people in the Island, is not longer Naval Ships in PR in ports.,

It used to be a stop for many type of military ships and air planes, I remember going to the base to see the big ships as a child with my parents.

Is really regrettable that they no longer stop in the Island.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
the earthquake hit haiti on Jan. 12

The buoy tender USCG Oak and USNS Grasp (T-ARS-51) were on scene by 18 January to assess damage to the port and work to reopen it,[196][197] and by 21 January one pier at the Port-au-Prince seaport was functional, offloading humanitarian aid, and a road had been repaired to make transport into the city easier.[198] In an interview on 21 January, Leo Merores, Haiti's ambassador to the UN, said that he expected the port to be fully functional again within two weeks.[199]

The US Navy listed its resources in the area as "17 ships, 48 helicopters and 12 fixed-wing aircraft" in addition to 10,000 sailors and Marines.[200] The Navy had conducted 336 air deliveries, delivered 32,400 US gallons (123,000 L) of water, 532,440 bottles of water, 111,082 meals and 9,000 lb (4,100 kg) of medical supplies by 20 January. Hospital ship Comfort began operations on 20 January, completing the arrival of the first group of sea-base vessels; this came as a new flotilla of USN ships were assigned to Haiti, including survey vessels, ferries, elements of the maritime prepositioning and underway replenishment fleets, and a further three amphibious operations ships, including another helicopter carrier, USS Nassau (LHA-4).[201]
en.wikipedia.org...

just look at what the navy accomplished in just eight days after the earthquake..

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

So, since youve obviously never screen printed shirts, it doesnt require electricity. The dryers do, but they arent required to make it work.
edit on 30-9-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

So, since youve obviously never screen printed shirts, it doesnt require electricity. The dryers do, but they arent required to make it work.

I expect they are iron-on (or self stick - no electricity required) letters.

And someone made it for her.

I always have blank t-shirts and iron-on letters around, in case I feel like expressing an idea I want to wear.
edit on 30-9-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I still think that DC Cowboy had it right...
the news media showed up with the shirts...
but that shirt could be printed manually, all one would need really is a screen, some ink and some tape really.
some stencils for letters would be nice to have, but it could be done with just masking tape I guess, if you had the patience.
and something stiff to push the ink through the screen...
and, I've seen cardboard used for that.

and, although it's better to use heat to dry the ink, it could air dry as long as you aren't too concerned about it lasting longer than it takes to have a photo op with it!!

then again, there's always fabric paint, isn't there???

I imagine that there might be plenty of craft stores on the island that might still have some crafting supplies laying around for the looting!
I mean, it's not like you can eat that kind of stuff.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The Puerto Rico situation has been hijacked by the liberal media and turned into a PR stunt. They couldn't nail Trump with his response to Texas and Florida but apparently they've found something to be outraged about.

Ironically... by politicizing and using Puerto Rico to attack the POTUS they are probably making the situation worse.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Last I checked, there are fifty states in the USA and PR is not one of them.

Besides, some actual state officials are anti-america amd have gone so far as to propose secession like in Texas and California. So your point is invalid.

More territory than the 50 states make up the USA. Guam and Puerto Rico are two that have been in the news lately. In PR's case specifically, they're relatively deep in the process to becoming a state. Statehood for PR, making them the 51st is actually on the official party platforms of both the Republicans and Democrats. Within the next 20 years, I guarantee you they will be a state. Or (more likely in my opinion) two states as a compromise to avoid disrupting the balance of power in Congress.
edit on 30-9-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Again, things are getting done, deal with it.

But they aren't. We have less than 1/3 as many people in Puerto Rico as we had in Haiti by this time into the disaster. We still haven't sent a Navy, in particular a carrier group and a hospital ship... both of which we sent to Haiti. We have less than 1/10 the number of military helicopters in Puerto Rico right now, as we had at Haiti in half the time. And Trump, has refused to allow foreign militaries access to the ground in Puerto Rico to help with disaster relief.

Everyone involved in PR with the exception of Trump has criticized the response as being too little, too late.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Only San Juan is clean and inspected for ship to come it, Yabucoa has not been cleared for ships to come close due to the debris that is still in water, and because Yabucoa and Ceiba were hard hit by the Hurricane

I hope you understand what I am explaining here, the Hurricane cause mud slides and entire houses fell on the sea closes to the other two ports.

A earthquake is not the same a Hurricane.

Ships don't need ports. Naval shipments can be made via helicopter. We have many ships capable of transporting goods (that are already fully stocked) that have large helicopter fleets. It's one of the arguments as to why we need a carrier group moved to the area (and we even have one spare to do just that, it simply hasn't been ordered to go).

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I definitely think someone gave it to her.

Doubt seriously she had it made special.

Even here, someone will be selling or giving away a slogan t-shirt within 24 hours of any major event. Even some not so major.

If ever "Mountain/Molehill" -- this one could win 1st place.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

This does bring up another good point the feds have had 3 areas hit in a fairly close time frame, the last one an island. It takes time to mobilize all thats needed,especially when its on an island. Have an friend in Florida they just got power back on. I mean doesn't it make sense that some supplies would be lower right after Texas and Florida were hit.

ofcourse along with the likely normal inefficiency of any government federal,state,commonwealth,or city during a crisis.It's a multitude of reasons.
edit on 30-9-2017 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join