It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hires foreign company to build prototype of his wall

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

According to liberals these days, handing everything over to foreigners is the New American Way (NAW).

Rejoice!!

Ahh, so it's true. The Administration is a liberal organization in Conservative clothing. Or they have no bearing at all and are simply doing the bidding of their masters.

Possibly, although it was pointed out that Trump doesn't have much say over who gets awarded the contract.

OR DOES HE is therefore the Big Question herein.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Good choice. Israelis know how to build walls and keep people out.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Oh, I thought since it was one of his signature campaign pledges to keep everything American, he would see to it that everything be kept American.

How exactly does the President, who does not control the budget as per the Constitution, legally get involved in the mandated bidding process to which all other projects are required to adhere?

Simple, he could stipulate that only American owned companies can bid on the project. Pretty easy to do if you know a few attorneys in high places.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
Simple, he could stipulate that only American owned companies can bid on the project. Pretty easy to do if you know a few attorneys in high places.

It appears you don't understand how the Constitution functions in regards budgetary items.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Actually my father worked in procurement for a government agency, and I do know a bit how bidding works. One can be selective in the vendors that one asks for a bid. And if it's the POTUS's private pet project, I'm damn sure that he could have told them "only US owned companies."

But I'm sure you know that.

It doesn't really matter, the US is Israel's lapdog anyways.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

According to liberals these days, handing everything over to foreigners is the New American Way (NAW).

Rejoice!!

Ahh, so it's true. The Administration is a liberal organization in Conservative clothing. Or they have no bearing at all and are simply doing the bidding of their masters.

Possibly, although it was pointed out that Trump doesn't have much say over who gets awarded the contract.

I guess that's the preferred excuse when Trump flip flops on his promises.

Isn't it the GOP that prides itself on "personal responsibility"?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

And if it's the POTUS's private pet project, I'm damn sure that he could have told them "only US owned companies."

He can 'tell' them anything, Congress doesn't have to listen, but you would know that since your father did procurement.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Let's put this complaint into plain English so everyone can understand it, shall we?

"There are companies we can't boycott/protest/vandalize agreeing to do what we don't want them to!"

Unless someone, as has been said already, decides to import foreign workers, house them, feed them, etc., and bring in all the material used from overseas, the wall will be built in America by Americans. Just because the parent company has their main office somewhere else (one of our staunchest allies, no less) does not mean the economy won't benefit bigly from the construction.

Somebody needs to get a new code book. We've got the old one figured out already.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Rejoice!!

I guess that's the preferred excuse when Trump flip flops on his promises.

Isn't it the GOP that prides itself on "personal responsibility"?

The GOP prides itself on running roughshod over everyone by playing lip service to 'conservatism'. The DNC does the same game with 'liberalism'.

They also both enjoy twisting the motives of people whom dare attempt to keep everyone sane as being driven by the agenda of the "other team". If only everyone could realize that we're all homo sapiens, and what all homo sapiens to date do when in us vs. them situations is the same mental gymnastics as the 'them' in the equation. You can adhere to wildy different ideas (operating systems), but we're all still humans in the end and we have the same computer hardware as everyone else. We can rise above such mental midgetry, but will we? Or would we rather go extinct?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am all about the wall. It sounds exciting. And, I wonder if there will be a 1% amount held back for art just like they do in government building construction.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Liberals are full of Globalists, International Communists, and One World government Degenerates. Why would they oppose such a thing?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

Liberals are full of Globalists, International Communists, and One World government Degenerates. Why would they oppose such a thing?

Just Liberals eh? Good to know....

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Just for fake stuff to rant about Trump.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Israeli Company Wins Bid to Build Prototype for Trump’s Mexico Wall

Israel? They're good at building walls. They have the largest prison wall on the planet surrounding Gaza.

Prototype, huh?

No matter what you do you wont stop big agro and livestock corporations form hiring the cheapest immigrant labor it can, documented or not.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And if it's the POTUS's private pet project, I'm damn sure that he could have told them "only US owned companies."

He can 'tell' them anything, Congress doesn't have to listen, but you would know that since your father did procurement.

I didn't say they had to listen, all that needs to be done can be done in a contract...which of course would be legally binding.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I didn't say they had to listen, all that needs to be done can be done in a contract...which of course would be legally binding.

Who is in charge of that 'contract'? Who controls finance in the United States?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

They were hired, or they won a bid and thus legally must be given the job?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Most of these things are already decided before the bidding process starts. The majority of you sound like you have never done this before or gone through it. Israeli or w/e it was decided who was going to get this job before it ever went out.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
They were hired, or they won a bid and thus legally must be given the job?

They are one of the finalists who won a bid to build a prototype.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Israeli or w/e it was decided who was going to get this job before it ever went out.

Looks like you didn't bother to read the article, otherwise you would have seen 'Israel' didn't get the job, the company got a spot to try and get the job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join