It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hires foreign company to build prototype of his wall

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What happened to his pledge of "We're gonna build American industry using American Worker's"? He loses more and more credibiltiy, like he ever had any, every day. Granted, it's only a prototype, but I am curious as to whether American companies also bid for the job.

Israeli Company Wins Bid to Build Prototype for Trump’s Mexico Wall

Elta and the other three companies are slated to receive between $300,000-$500,000 in funding for manufacturing the prototype in the fall. The wall is set to span the entire 2,000 mile border between the two countries.

www.breitbart.com...

also here

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 9jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Link? The President doesn't 'hire' anyone as far as I know, this is handled by Congress and is put out to bid just like very other procurement above a fixed dollar amount.

ETA: I was correct:

Elta North America, a subsidiary of Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), was shortlisted to construct the “smart border” by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on Thursday, beating more than 200 companies globally who entered the tender.

Put out to bid, like all jobs.

edit on 30-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Also, it's a North American subsidiary based in MD.
There is no indication that foreign workers will be used as far as I can tell.
edit on 30/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: UnBreakable

Link? The President doesn't 'hire' anyone as far as I know, this is handled by Congress and is put out to bid just like very other procurement above a fixed dollar amount.

ETA: I was correct:

Elta North America, a subsidiary of Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), was shortlisted to construct the “smart border” by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on Thursday, beating more than 200 companies globally who entered the tender.

Put out to bid, like all jobs.

Oh, I thought since it was one of his signature campaign pledges to keep everything American, he would see to it that everything be kept American.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I don't know how the thousands of workers needed could be shipped,housed and fed.Isnt going to happen.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

And it looks like they followed the proscribed process for bidding.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Oh, I thought since it was one of his signature campaign pledges to keep everything American, he would see to it that everything be kept American.

How exactly does the President, who does not control the budget as per the Constitution, legally get involved in the mandated bidding process to which all other projects are required to adhere?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

I don't know how the thousands of workers needed could be shipped,housed and fed.Isnt going to happen.

Really? It's going to take thousands of workers to build a frigging prototype? How many is it going to take to build the wall then?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

And it looks like they followed the proscribed process for bidding.

And the bidding was opened world wide, and over 200 companies bid. I would also think that the majority of the work would be completed by Americans. Nothing has indicated otherwise.

The parent company already has contracts with the U.S Army and the Israeli Ministry of Defense. They know security.

I mean give us a real and secure border, make it affordable. Use U.S. labor. I don't care if the parent company is Israeli honestly.

Let the companies build their prototypes. Find the best solution from them and secure the border.
edit on 30-9-2017 by Sagacity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

Not that I am for this wall as I think it is an extravagant waste of money, but with any project the government undertakes I would think the taxpayer would want it built using the least amount of money to get the job done correctly.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Who put a bid in for his Make America Great Again, made in China hats?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
Who put a bid in for his Make America Great Again, made in China hats?

How are those relevant?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Sagacity

Not that I am for this wall as I think it is an extravagant waste of money, but with any project the government undertakes I would think the taxpayer would want it built using the least amount of money to get the job done correctly.

I know I do. Support it or not, I sure don;t want this being another Washington money pit. I agree.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The Israelis know how to build walls, I say we give them a shot! With them making concepts, we may get those robot border guards of the future. That IMO would mean we are taking # seriously!

Although I think the South Koreans would have been another respectable option. Maybe we should combine the two?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yeah, cause I want to blow people up. /sarc

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

According to liberals these days, handing everything over to foreigners is the New American Way (NAW). So isnt that the same thing?

Rejoice!!

edit on 30-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
there will be no 'wall' built

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

According to liberals these days, handing everything over to foreigners is the New American Way (NAW).

Rejoice!!

Ahh, so it's true. The Administration is a liberal organization in Conservative clothing. Or they have no bearing at all and are simply doing the bidding of their masters.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You don't think they will go through with it? Why?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: TDawg61

Really? It's going to take thousands of workers to build a frigging prototype? How many is it going to take to build the wall then?

I was referring to the actual wall.Not a model.
This company also has contracts with US Army and S.korea who use their radar systems and successful wall in Israel.They know what their doing.
edit on CDTSatam61161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join