It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It takes a big pair to make the claim of atheism.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

The proof you seek is in the AV Bible read with a pure heart.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Again with the proselytizing nonsense.

I've read multiple versions of the bible including the King James. None of them inspired me. The Tain did, the Mabinogion did, the Hávamál did. But non of the Abrahamic words have. I entered all with this "pure heart" you think one needs.

So stop the proselytizing neighbour its against the rules. Also it is against my wishes. I ask you once and only once. STOP.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You have no proof. Stop with the proselytizing

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

So your proof your special book is the “word of god” is because your book says so?

That’s exactly what men, trying to control men, would put in a book.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire
a reply to: TJames

Whatever you say first thread no reply guy.

LOL how old are you, 10?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I think there is probably a warning somewhere in the Bible about that too!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

There was no proselytizing in my reply.

You asked for proof and only those who want the proof can find it.

I gave you in another thread some 6 reasons why it is the preserved word of God, and I gave you another in one of my posts in this thread above. So in order for you to prove me wrong and incorrect you will need to go to that same Bible and use it only, no outside sources, and read and study it over the next year and see if what I claim is not there.

here are six of those in addition to what I posted earlier in this thread

1) The English words employed in the AV best represented the plural meanings of the Partial Hebrew and Greek manuscript copies that were available. Where the translator were uncertain, the prayerfully asked God to lead them, at times the just Transliterated and word at and other times they translated it. But they were the best English words for what we had. From the AV you could literally teach every other versions word changes just by knowing the many meanings of the English word.

2) Every word can be defined by the context in which the words are found. As I described above in Psalm 12:6, 7. NO need to far a dictionary to give you the meaning. And as the English language grew Dictionaries were made to keep up with the meanings not just spellings. I currently have a Noah Webster's unabridged dictionary which means it has all the original word's of the original 1829 version of his dictionary. Which have all the 360 plus revised Bible versions since 1830/1880.

3) It has all the words, phrases, verses and sections in it. This was one of the things that amazed me the most. Though some of the words, verses, sections seemed controversial to scholars as late as 2010. I found that the bibles I had been reading ad parts removed, some changed words. These bibles limited the plurality of meanings of the English word to one single specific point, causing a vast amount of application to be lost. Some of the words were just changed to synonyms of the original English word used the preserved version, which even led to more confusion for men to understand.

IN short the Preserved word of God as found in English AV Version is the most complete and accurate Bible to date.

4) It also has the most amazing inspired of God cross-reference system I have ever seen. Most Bible versions have a cross referencing system that has a theological slant of specific denominations. So when you buy their Bibles their system is usually found either in a center column or as footnotes at the bottom of the page. The one I speak of does not have to put the cross-references for you anywhere but in the text itself.

This means you must read the Preserved word of God enough times to have an actual familiarity of all the words in it. To this day 14 years later I am still finding words, phrases, sections and whole verses that cross reference to another part of the Bible.

5) Out of all the other Bible versions out the the preserved word of God is simple enough for anyone with at least a 6th grade education can understand it clearly. The preserved word testified of itself that it teaches and makes wise the simple. Having said that I know of a man who recently went home to Christ, who had only a 3rd grade Filipino education who taught himself English and how to read with the AV Bible I gave him. He was a real blessing to the church in the Philippines.

6) The preserved word of God has clearly in it has Historical Application, Doctrinal Application for two separate groups, one Israel and the other the Body of Christ, the Church. And it has Spiritual Application for all men, saved and unsaved.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You don't understand words very well do you?

Proselytize: to convert or attempt to convert as a proselyte; recruit.

You told me to seek out your little itinerant carpenter.

I'm not a Christian.
I am not Abrahamic.
I have asked you many times previously to not do such things.
I consider them an act of violence towards me.

Thus you were Proselytizing.

Now beyond this. Cite where you are getting your information. So the quality of source may be judged.

Again, the King James Bible is not anything but one of many Bibles, and not a very interesting one.

You are thus simply trying to push your faith, at someone who does not care or show interest.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I was not trying or asking you to convert. I am asking you to read the same book with an open heart and see if what I claim in the 7 points are true or not.

To ask you to study to prove me wrong is not Proselytizing.

My information is what I discovered when I meticulously studied the AV, in the first year I discovered 3 of them and then over the last 14 years I have found the other points to be true of the AV as well. I have read 25 different English versions and studied the NASB, the NIV, the RSV, the NKJV, the Good News and the AV. The first four are all lacking in the number of words and verses, the fifth one (the Good News) had more words and the edition I had did not have verse numbering, later they added some numbering but kept the paragraphing so it looked more like a story book than a traditional Bible. The GN is more of a paraphrase of the Bible not based so much on document evidence but more of the authors paraphrasing of the AV.

So I gave you the answer to one of my points already you need only get the versions And compare word and verse counts. That one is easier to prove correct or incorrect. The rest of the points you will have to read and study out and see if what I claim is false or true.

Good night neighbor.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You are an obtuse person.

(a) You insisted that I'd have to let you itinerant carpenter into my heart.
(b) You Ignore the fact I've said I've read many bibles. Along with other religious texts.
(c) You have been repeatedly proven to be wrong (or misrepresenting) about things.

You ignore (don't even touch on) the fact that it is known history that the Bible was chosen to contain the books it contains, in a series of committees. Starting with the First Council of Nicea. Thus meaning the Bible has always been, and always will be the word of Man. That is not the Word of God. Who says it is not the word of Satan? If you are going to go down that path.

So quite simply you are indeed Proselytizing. You are also either ignorant of the truth about your religions holy text, or you are being directly obstructive of what you know.

Don't get me wrong. I don't begrudge you your faith. But the moment you try to apply it towards me. I will deal with you, as An Morrigan would.

For example (since you are so fond of waving your faith at me, I return the favour).

Banríon na cath,
Banríon an chogaidh
Cruth-aistrithe bean
Raven, mac tíre, agus coirce
Snámha i bhfolach fola
An saol nó an bás a thairiscint
Briseadh nó glóir
Sciath láidir agus
pointe spear géar
Morrigan
Glaoim leat

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Quit the Bickering and Name-Calling!!!!

For a thread about religion, there is an awful lot of uncivil remarks flying back and forth.......Community Announcement re: Decorum

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames
edit on 10-10-2017 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think these belong here and are well worth the watch by Christian or atheist or any one.

The Atheist Delusion 1:02:00

Same film makers.
Questioning people on the belief of Noah. 30:00min

Science Has Found Proof of the Existence of God 25min

Romans 1:20King James Version (KJV)

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
www.biblegateway.com...

We are nearing a time when the world and its wickedness of man kind will be destroyed once more so don`t miss the boat so to speak. Though each and everyone of our lives could be snuffed out at any moment, so dig internally and be honest, all of us have fallen short and the gift of Gods grace was to sacrifice Himself on the cross and bare our sin through His concurring of death for those who would believe in and follow Him.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gps777

No Science has NOT found proof of the existence of God.

I say this as a Polytheist who works as a scientist.....

Stop with the misinformation.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
...and be honest, all of us have fallen short and the gift of Gods grace was to sacrifice Himself on the cross and bare our sin through His concurring of death for those who would believe in and follow Him.

Talking about being honest and speaking God's word "truthfully" (see Jeremiah 23:27,28, some bible translations may use "faithfully"), does the bible really say that God sacrificed Himself or does it teach something else?

Let's go with the KJV you went with...

1 John 4:9,10

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Seems like the bible teaches that God sent someone else, "his only begotten Son".

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 Timothy 2:5,6

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

So who is "himself" in verse 6 above? "God" or the "mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"? Please don't just brush it off by saying they are one and the same, the texts above clearly contradict that teaching, as does the rest of the bible, any version one might prefer. I think the syntax and grammar is pretty clear above, how much clearer does one need to spell it out for people to realize that argument or quickly pointing to bible verses that Trinitarians use for those arguments, to use as red herrings away from the point above that should be clear or obvious, simply is not very reasonable or logical to someone who hasn't been conditioned with those teachings and just reads and accepts what it says?

Galatians 3:20 (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition)

Now a go-between (intermediary) has to do with and implies more than one party [there can be no mediator with just one person]. Yet God is [only] one Person...
edit on 10-10-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

No Science has NOT found proof of the existence of God.

I say this as a Polytheist who works as a scientist.....

Stop with the misinformation.

There is enough proof in the complexity of all that exists which had to have a beginning and the absolute miraculous in every day life, that we all mostly take for granted, don`t get hung up on the title of a video.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
www.biblegateway.com...

John 14:9New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
www.biblegateway.com...

John 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
www.biblegateway.com...

edit on 10-10-2017 by gps777 because: Another

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
see my edit... in particular the part that says:

"Please don't just brush it off by saying they are one and the same [individual], ...or quickly pointing to bible verses that Trinitarians use for those arguments, to use as red herrings away from the point above that should be clear or obvious, simply is not very reasonable or logical to someone who hasn't been conditioned with those teachings and just reads and accepts what it says?"

Who is "himself" in 1 Timothy 2:6?

Anything to say about the reminder at Galatians 3:20 that a mediator or intermediary/go-between implies more than one person or individual yet God is only one individual or person? That would sort of logically exclude the possibility of the mediator being the same person or individual as God right? As well as that the mediator is another person or individual than God since the very word "intermediary", "mediator", "go-between" implies more than 1 individual or person? Counting is usually not that hard for humans, might there be someone around that is involved with screwing around with basic counting abilities in humans as well as the ability to use basic logic, specifically when it comes to the subject of God and playing around with words like "person" and "being"*? (*: these are synonyms and I've heard Trinitarians talking about the contradiction of 3 persons in 1 being, i.e. 3 beings in 1 being or 3 persons in 1 person, but they obviously won't spell out their contradiction like that, which is why I also used the word "individual" regarding the implications of Galatians 3:20 which is clearly talking about multiple individuals, so one doesn't need to go the route into arguing about whether or not it was OK for the translators of the amplified bible to have "Person" there at the end or whether it should have been between brackets; the context makes it clear that it's talking about God being only one individual there at the end even when it's translated to "God is only One." because that's said in contrast to what's said before that about "more than one party", which logically leads to the conclusion that Paul is talking about more than one individual as well)

The figurative use of the word "one" the way we might say about a sportsteam functioning as one because they're all on the same page and working towards the same purpose or goal even though they remain individuals is quite obvious in the bible as well...

John 17:22 (Jesus praying to his God and his Father, the one he refers to as "my God" a couple of times; talking about his disciples)

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

The other verses you brought up that function as a red herring in these situations have similar clarifications in the bible as to what they are talking about, but I'm not going to do them all cause I already did plenty of times in the past on this forum. 2 Timothy 4:3,4 teaches me that most people "do not put up with" it anyway. Perhaps another time.
edit on 11-10-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Its not a red herring nor am I brushing it off, its all there for you to understand, God the Word became flesh and became a sacrifice for our sins. It was written as far back in Genesis.

2 min video

It was Gods plan for the way to our salvation, its a free gift, that the Creator entered into his creation showing He loved us first, so no man may boast about earning their way into heaven.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I mentioned:

1 Timothy 2:5,6

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

So who is "himself" in verse 6 above? "God" or the "mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"? Please don't just brush it off by...quickly pointing to bible verses that Trinitarians use for those arguments [referring to: "saying they are one and the same" individual], to use as red herrings away from the point above [all bible quotations and commentary] that should be clear or obvious...

You are brushing off my question(s) and dodging them with Trinitarian teachings that function as red herrings (whether they are spelled out or not or by merely quoting the bible verses that have been twisted by Trinitarians as to what they mean in the minds of Trinitarians and others who might read those bible verses and might think they somehow are a response to my comment or questions or relevant to the bible verses I quoted that contradict your statement concerning who sacrificed Himself). You also didn't respond to my rhetorical question at the start of my comment about who sacrificed himself but that's a bit more expected with rhetorical questions but it's still an option to answer it and very easy to do by simply repeating what the word of God, the bible, says or answering my question about 1 Timothy 2:6 by quoting the relevant part of verse 5, i.e. speaking God's word truthfully. Are you willing to give it a go? It won't kill ye, it will actually lead to everlasting life eventually when walking down that path instead.

Who is "himself" in verse 6? (please use all the details given in verse 5, not only his name)
edit on 11-10-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join