It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1) The English words employed in the AV best represented the plural meanings of the Partial Hebrew and Greek manuscript copies that were available. Where the translator were uncertain, the prayerfully asked God to lead them, at times the just Transliterated and word at and other times they translated it. But they were the best English words for what we had. From the AV you could literally teach every other versions word changes just by knowing the many meanings of the English word.
2) Every word can be defined by the context in which the words are found. As I described above in Psalm 12:6, 7. NO need to far a dictionary to give you the meaning. And as the English language grew Dictionaries were made to keep up with the meanings not just spellings. I currently have a Noah Webster's unabridged dictionary which means it has all the original word's of the original 1829 version of his dictionary. Which have all the 360 plus revised Bible versions since 1830/1880.
3) It has all the words, phrases, verses and sections in it. This was one of the things that amazed me the most. Though some of the words, verses, sections seemed controversial to scholars as late as 2010. I found that the bibles I had been reading ad parts removed, some changed words. These bibles limited the plurality of meanings of the English word to one single specific point, causing a vast amount of application to be lost. Some of the words were just changed to synonyms of the original English word used the preserved version, which even led to more confusion for men to understand.
IN short the Preserved word of God as found in English AV Version is the most complete and accurate Bible to date.
4) It also has the most amazing inspired of God cross-reference system I have ever seen. Most Bible versions have a cross referencing system that has a theological slant of specific denominations. So when you buy their Bibles their system is usually found either in a center column or as footnotes at the bottom of the page. The one I speak of does not have to put the cross-references for you anywhere but in the text itself.
This means you must read the Preserved word of God enough times to have an actual familiarity of all the words in it. To this day 14 years later I am still finding words, phrases, sections and whole verses that cross reference to another part of the Bible.
5) Out of all the other Bible versions out the the preserved word of God is simple enough for anyone with at least a 6th grade education can understand it clearly. The preserved word testified of itself that it teaches and makes wise the simple. Having said that I know of a man who recently went home to Christ, who had only a 3rd grade Filipino education who taught himself English and how to read with the AV Bible I gave him. He was a real blessing to the church in the Philippines.
6) The preserved word of God has clearly in it has Historical Application, Doctrinal Application for two separate groups, one Israel and the other the Body of Christ, the Church. And it has Spiritual Application for all men, saved and unsaved.
Romans 1:20King James Version (KJV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
originally posted by: gps777
...and be honest, all of us have fallen short and the gift of Gods grace was to sacrifice Himself on the cross and bare our sin through His concurring of death for those who would believe in and follow Him.
originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: gps777
No Science has NOT found proof of the existence of God.
I say this as a Polytheist who works as a scientist.....
Stop with the misinformation.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
John 14:9New King James Version (NKJV)
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
John 1King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
1 Timothy 2:5,6
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
So who is "himself" in verse 6 above? "God" or the "mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"? Please don't just brush it off by...quickly pointing to bible verses that Trinitarians use for those arguments [referring to: "saying they are one and the same" individual], to use as red herrings away from the point above [all bible quotations and commentary] that should be clear or obvious...