It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It takes a big pair to make the claim of atheism.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

It takes a big pair to make the claim of atheism

Not really. I’m an atheist and have no belief either way because of lack of evidence.

I’ll find out when I die.

Isn't that being an agnostic? Just curious.

Agnostic atheist.
Theist = believes in God's
Atheist = don't believe
Reasons why are irrelevant, atheists don't believe in God's, pretty simple

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

Only one thing left to say to a guy with a big head.

MEH...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

It takes a big pair to make the claim of atheism

Not really. I’m an atheist and have no belief either way because of lack of evidence.

I’ll find out when I die.

Isn't that being an agnostic? Just curious.

Atheism covers everything from...
-Hard/explicit/positive atheism - belief there is no god or multiple gods
to
-Soft/implicit/weak/agnostic atheism - no, or absence of, a belief in a god or multiple gods.

Some theists would have people believe that all atheist are “hard atheists”. That’s ciearly not the case.

As a side note, atheism originally was a derogatory term meaning “without god”.

Hopefully that’s cleared it up a bit

edit on 8102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

LOL butt hurt theist

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Just let us all know when you stop using those terms in your life and I will go back to believing you are an atheist. Until then you are no Atheist and your lifestyle language proves your belief.

(post by TerryDon79 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

have you stopped using all words derived from no christian mythology ?

i can provide a number of lists - they are quite extensive

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Figures of Speech show what one believes.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yeah provide a list that should be interesting. But first go through and make sure none of them are found in the AV Bible.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

No they don’t. That’s just moronic.

Now, before you try lecturing me on English, try learning it. You obviously don’t have a grasp of its uses.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yeah provide a list that should be interesting. But first go through and make sure none of them are found in the AV Bible.

So your book was the originator of words?

Keep digging. We’re all enjoying the laugh.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Don't forget to let me know when you stop using those words.

The AV was printed at the height and perfection of the English language. Since then it is degenerated too words you like to use to show your true belief.

I am so sure you know Sumerian speech and words, NOT!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Of course. Your special book invented everything years after they were already in use.

It’s really funny that you’re still trying to tell me I’m a believer because I speak English. But I shouldn’t be surprised, because it’s coming from a fake who just wants to make Christians look stupid.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Except English is a language of man. So the so called preserved word of God is not anything of the like.

English is and always has been a mongrel language, which likes to break the rules. It is the child of Ingvaeonic, which is the child of the Western English Languages, , a child of Germanic, which is a child of Proto Indo-European. Thus if you are going to play the "degenerated" card ,which is linguistically wrong.

Here have some PIE: Avis, jasmin varnā na ā ast, dadarka akvams, tam, vāgham garum vaghantam, tam, bhāram magham, tam, manum āku bharantam. Avis akvabhjams ā vavakat: kard aghnutai mai vidanti manum akvams agantam.
Akvāsas ā vavakant: krudhi avai, kard aghnutai vividvant-svas: manus patis varnām avisāms karnauti svabhjam gharmam vastram avibhjams ka varnā na asti.
Tat kukruvants avis agram ā bhugat.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I mean for the love of Ogma, he's talking about the fricking King James bible .... one of the most heavily edited versions of the bible

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

He’s too blind to admit it though. He’ll come out with the usual “it’s the most comprehensive collection” bs that he always does.

It’s like talking to a kid who believes Santa and the Easter bunny is real because books say so

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

There was only on English Dictionary in use in 1590AD, It was an Cambridge Dictionary, it had no more than 50 words in it if that and not one of them could be recognized as an English word. You can download it yourself from Gutenberg Society. So your claim ALL English words were already in use before the AV was printed cannot be substantiated.

And you don't even use many of the words that Shakespeare used in his writings. What you speak is known as American English. British English has some similar words but usually spelled differently i.e. Gnosis (American and Modern British) Gnoses (older-British) no longer in use with that spelling even in the Collins Dictionary who change it to Gnosis in the same place it defines the word, gnosis being the transliteration of the Greek word to English.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Making assumptions again? I speak English, not American English. But I don’t expect you to know that either.

We can trace words back to their origins waaaaaay before your special book.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join