It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It takes a big pair to make the claim of atheism.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
My personal opinion is, everyone believes in something even atheists. I don't know if gods real but I know he's not in charge. We are.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire
My personal opinion is, everyone believes in something even atheists. I don't know if gods real but I know he's not in charge. We are.

Nope, I don't believe in anything unverifiable, so that covers gods, ghosts, souls, pixies, elves etc etc. My position is rational and requires zero faith because I do not assert such things do not exist, just I've seen nothing to draw me towards believing the claims.
You may like to think that everyone believes in something but you are wrong, because I don't.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

You may like to think that everyone believes in something but you are wrong, because I don't.

So you dont believe in Yourself then. OK got it. Makes total sense.

edit on 7-10-2017 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

Believe what you want to believe. You're the one who started asking me questions, not the other way around. lol It doesn't matter to me in the slightest if you or anyone else accepts a thing I have to say about this because my views won't change either way. But why ask questions when you clearly don't care about the answers?

Here's how I see it. If I'm wrong and Islam is wrong, then I'm fine with that. Islam's made me a much better person, as a citizen, family member, and from a charitable perspective. So even if it were wrong & Jahannam/Hell doesn't exist, I'd be perfectly fine with the outcome. But what if we're right? LOL Once again, I'd be perfectly fine with the outcome because at the very least, I know I've started walking the correct path. Of course, I likely still haven't done enough to prove myself worthy of Jannah/Heaven yet, but that's what I have the rest of my life for.

So why does it even matter to you what I think about Heaven & Hell? Remember, you're the one who started asking for my opinion on this, not the other way around. You clearly just wanted to spout your prepared remarks about your own views on Hell & God. And you clearly don't care about my responses either. But you can do that without replying to me. So what did you actually hope to gain here?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I said you came across as an intelligent and logical person in my first post to you in this thread. I have been around ATS a long time and only registered under a new account recently. I have communicated with you before and know you are a smart and reasonable person.

But I also know you hold some irrational beliefs and was hoping to help you see the light: you have been lied to through your religion. Organised religion is all about CONTROL and Islam is no different to any other, it was just marketed to appeal to a certain demographic that TPTB couldn't mesmerize with the other main religions.

It's painful to see otherwise reasonable people deceived and buy into a belief system with so many logical holes and inconsistencies.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

So you dont believe in Yourself then. OK got it. Makes total sense.

Nope, did you even read my post, of course I believe in myself, just not ridiculous unverifiable woo as claimed by many in this thread.
Your post implied everyone having belief in unverifiable spiritual/god/pixie/whatever claims...you are misguided.
I believe best friend won't steal from me based on experience and time being friends...I don't believe in unverifiable woo.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Then save your breathe. Your words won't reach me & I'm perfectly content with where I am. Though it's funny that you say that and yet also say:

But I also know you hold some irrational beliefs and was hoping to help you see the light: you have been lied to through your religion.

LOL You sound like you're proselytizing because that's the exact same thing many religious people say when trying to convert others to their religion. Your approach is exactly the reason why some people consider atheists to be their own "religion". People like you go far and beyond simply not believing that a deity/character is real; you literally go looking for "souls to save and enlighten". lol Let me guess, you also have some pamphlets to give me and a special speaker that I absolutely must hear in order to help me see the light?

ETA: And claiming that we know each other from before has no meaning to me at all. If you haven't noticed, there are quite a few people here that I can't stand in the least. Whether someone's a friend, a stranger, or a rival, they won't change my feelings on this issue.
edit on 7-10-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You are the most believing person I have come across, 1) Calls on Jesus Christ when hits thumb with hammer, 2) Damns people in the name of God and 3) and believes in hell to the extent of telling people to go there. No you are very much a believer in God just not a saved one.
edit on 7-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Thanks for stalking me, but you’re really creepy and I’m married.

Why not go preach your hate at someone?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Good for you. So why did you bother replying to me in the first place? To tell me that I am wrong in my personal thoughts on it and you're not? Because that's exactly what you did.

So we differ in opinions so fooking what.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

there was not one word of hate in any of what I said. I fact it was all truth.

You know I frequent these threads so when I came upon your claim to be an atheist I knew you needed to be reminded that you are far more of a God believing man than you lead on to be, Just not saved.

Do I need to link you to your own words where you state you uses God Damn, Jesus Christ and go to hell on a daily basis, that is a religious man if ever I knew one, religion having the meaning of doing something on a daily basis, not a member of a sect or group.

regards to the Mrs's.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You can believe in a hateful, vengeful god made by men if you want. No ones stopping you. But telling me I believe in your god, when I don’t have a belief in any, just makes you look lame.

But if your goal is to make yourself look like a fool? You’re doing a top notch job.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Who said I was an atheist? What am I proselytizing in support of exactly, encouraging you to use your critical thinking skills? You really do give the saying "If you could reason with religious people, there'd be no religious people" new meaning.

Islam is a false religion. I know it hurts to admit that when you have spent your whole life "submitting" to the cause, but that is the truth. Allah is not the real Divine Creator of the universe and Muhammad was the furthest thing from a model citizen for other humans to emulate.

edit on 7-10-2017 by Incandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So, you're not even going to ask me how my day's been? Or what my likes and dislikes are, so you can at least pretend to be looking out for my best interests? You're not too good at this "convincing people to give up their beliefs" thing, are you? Randomly attack what people care about and they generally get both defensive and more steadfast. Those are the basics that even kids learn.

Also, this thread is literally about a religious person (the OP) thinking that claims of atheism are wrong and bold. And even though I'm a very religious person, I can understand why some people would be atheist. No problem there, right?

You, on the other hand, have deliberately asked me preconceived questions, ignored my detailed responses, and then flat out tried to convince me that my beliefs are wrong. You said you wanted to "help me see the light" and have now morphed into simply attacking my religion. All of this without even stating what your actual beliefs are. I already assumed you were more than just an atheist, even saying that "People like you go far and beyond simply not believing that a deity/character is real; you literally go looking for 'souls to save and enlighten'." I likened it to proselytizing because that's what they do plus I figured you'd get a bit triggered by your similarities with organized religions.

You're clearly anti-Islam, yet you haven't told me anything about your own beliefs. So if you want this exchange to continue, then man up/woman up and tell us what you believe or don't believe. Then we can have a real discussion. Let's see what your beliefs are so I can poke holes in them, as well. lol Otherwise, don't waste your breath. You won't reach me either way, but at least this way we can both have a little bit of fun.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Okay, well thanks for convincing me that dialogue with you is not worth my time. That somebody can be so triggered by simply having their religious beliefs critiqued shows that some type of nerve must have been struck and some of what I said must have been truthful or too close to home.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

So what are your beliefs, bro/sis? You said my beliefs are wrong & you're supposedly trying to "help me see the light", right? So what's "the light" that I should be seeing?

And nope, I told you in a previous post that your words wouldn't reach me, that you should save your breath, and that I'm perfectly content with where I am (this post). But you ignored my words, continued attacking my beliefs, & wanted to make this personal. So let's hear it. You claim to have spoken to me before. If that's true, then you should know how petty & confrontational I can be lol well, until I get bored with the conversation, of course.

And remember, I didn't come in this thread to attack or ridicule anyone's beliefs, non-beliefs, or personal path. I even pointed out that I can understand why some people are atheists. And I was having a pretty nice conversation with another poster that I respect until you decided to butt in & attack my beliefs. Even then, I tried to let it go but you kept on going. So now it's your turn to convince me that your path is the correct one.

ETA: Or is criticism a one way street for you?
edit on 8-10-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Good for you. So why did you bother replying to me in the first place? To tell me that I am wrong in my personal thoughts on it and you're not? Because that's exactly what you did.

So we differ in opinions so fooking what.

My you seem angry. I replied because this is an interesting discussion forum. You believe everyone believes in something and posted as such, I don't believe in any unverifiable thing so pointed out you are wrong, not everyone has silly faith x

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You know what's funny about making assumptions. You just made two more. Consequently, while replying to what you called "an interesting discussion", you made yet another. You assumed I was angry, and then assumed people who have faith were silly.

Do you believe that's air you're breathing? How about that big head of yours? Is it real?

edit on 8-10-2017 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

It takes a big pair to make the claim of atheism

Not really. I’m an atheist and have no belief either way because of lack of evidence.

I’ll find out when I die.

Isn't that being an agnostic? Just curious.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

LOL how strong is that faith of yours?
You seem butt hurt.

ETA
The chemical make up of air can be verified unlike gods lol
edit on 8-10-2017 by TJames because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join