It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if ATS didn't do politics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
80% of the members would leave, the same 80% that are extreme right wingers. Please ATS please get rid of political forums!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
When I get tired of politics, I just use the a bookmark to "My ATS" and circumvent the Front Page altogether.

/shrug

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

80% of the members would leave, the same 80% that are extreme right wingers. Please ATS please get rid of political forums!

You love the partisan back and forth just as much as they do. It's like crack and you cant stop.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Was just out and about on ATS for a long time - because i just can't sleep. i read a lot. even read a thread without politics (won't name it though, i think a lot of members do love it and that's quite ok).

so, honestly, i would not read a lot on ATS anymore if politics would not be done here.

....unless people would post love poems again !

edit on 30-9-2017 by lucia2389 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
How would you enforce a "no politics" rule? Any thread or post that even mentions, as a minor detail, a politician or government body, or any political issue?

Pipe dream.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The most compelling conspiracies of our time are political, or have political issues or agendas involved.

There should be no question whether ATS allows political discussions or not, rather ATS members should be asking themselves what they can do individually within the political discussions to set themselves and ATS apart from the rest of the internet when discussing political topics.

You can be just another voice in the crowd, or something more.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Don't think it would exist. Conspiracies and politics are synonymous... and I hate politics
edit on 30-9-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This is spot on. I can get the same diatribes (on both sides) from MSM, Facebook, etc.
There is very rarely even a conspiracy angle.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The problem isn’t politics on ATS. The problem is the rise of awfulness. When hate rises this much to the surface, who gives a F about UFOs. The best way to return ATS to subjects that don’t matter is to NOT vote a total piece of sh*t who only knows conflict into the highest office.

You can’t vote Hitler into power and then complain about the resulting conversation.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
The problem isn’t politics on ATS. The problem is the rise of awfulness. When hate rises this much to the surface, who gives a F about UFOs. The best way to return ATS to subjects that don’t matter is to NOT vote a total piece of sh*t who only knows conflict into the highest office.

You can’t vote Hitler into power and then complain about the resulting conversation.

Most hypocritical post of the day^ Well done

edit on 30 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have interest in politics, but frankly, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if ATS banned politics. The only thing I see here are partisan sounding boards; rarely do I see it approached from a conspiratorial angle and when someone tries, they generally get attacked by partisans on the right AND left.
edit on 30-9-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think politics has dragged this place down.
Just made made account but been lurking years. Right/Left devatw floods out real conspiracies with trash we could read and argue about on MSM comments section.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Let's vote for total instability and total conflict and then wonder why people are too distracted by the sh*t stain in charge to talk about fun UFOs and bigfoot.

Trump voters need to own up and become a little more self aware.
edit on 30-9-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Dude we’re saying we want to talk about conspiracies on a conspiracy site. Let’s let the Trump voters own up on a political website if they want to. If you wanna argue about politics you should join a forum meant for that

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
As Ive said before, Id rather ATS limit political discussion to only political conspiracy topics.

But traffic is traffic and politics brings people in. And since its here anyhow, ill end up commenting occasionally on politics.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
But why now? Why the concern about politics now? ATS has existed for years with political discussion a part of the forums. But now that we have a completely indefensible piece of sh*t in office, now we need to get rid of the political discussion.

How about we think more before we vote? There are consequences to voting for instability, hatred, conflict and a mentally unstable president.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Keep the politics and ditch the attitudes. Yeah, like that will happen. @@

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

But why now? Why the concern about politics now? ATS has existed for years with political discussion a part of the forums. But now that we have a completely indefensible piece of sh*t in office, now we need to get rid of the political discussion.

How about we think more before we vote? There are consequences to voting for instability, hatred, conflict and a mentally unstable president.

You sound like a left wing shill. Conspiracy website should have mostly conspiracies on it. Not mostly shills and angry people arguing about right/left stuff.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Actually the site tried discouraging it years ago but every thread got dragged into the abyss regardless. That is why the mudpit was created.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

It’s always been there as long as I’ve been coming here since 2003/2004. First it was bush then We flipped the coin to the other side with Obama’s and now we have trump. Nothing new

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join