It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Plant 42 Secure Building

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This may be nothing but I thought it may be a point of interest for some. It seems that the google imagery for Plant 42 has been updated recently and the resolution is excellent. However I noticed an interesting building/hangar at 34.619717, -118.115075. I say 'building' as while it looks like a hangar, that may be misleading as it looks like it may be possibly permanently closed for use as a hangar. Also note that it is the closest Lockheed building to the runway.

But the real interesting part are the fenceS around the building. It looks EXTREMELY secure, compartmentalized and locked down. There is a high fence right around the building and another fence as an extra border. For what reason could there be a need to make it that secure, when it's already in an extremely secure facility? None of the other buildings which I imagine have had some very classified things go through have anywhere near that level of security. I don't think the fences are built like that for no reason.

It seems that anyone trying to get into the hangar would have to go through one of the adjoining buildings, which I imagine could be for security checks.

There is also an object at the rear of the building, looks like it could be for engine testing but I could be wrong.

Any speculation?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

It's a hangar or test stand. Probably a test stand for larger aircraft. That's why it only has the blast deflector on the back of it.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thinking about it, it may be that it's a smaller building with direct access to the whole inside from the outside, if that makes any sense. I imagine the larger production buildings have compartmentalisation on the inside which we can't see. That's my only more logical thought of why it seems a bit out of the ordinary. If not that then certainly is a little strange...

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

The smaller building is probably offices and access to the hangar. That allows them to maximize the space inside for whatever they're up to, without having to have people in and out of the hangar to get to the offices.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackDog10
This may be nothing but I thought it may be a point of interest for some. It seems that the google imagery for Plant 42 has been updated recently and the resolution is excellent. However I noticed an interesting building/hangar at 34.619717, -118.115075. I say 'building' as while it looks like a hangar, that may be misleading as it looks like it may be possibly permanently closed for use as a hangar. Also note that it is the closest Lockheed building to the runway.

But the real interesting part are the fenceS around the building. It looks EXTREMELY secure, compartmentalized and locked down. There is a high fence right around the building and another fence as an extra border. For what reason could there be a need to make it that secure, when it's already in an extremely secure facility? None of the other buildings which I imagine have had some very classified things go through have anywhere near that level of security. I don't think the fences are built like that for no reason.

It seems that anyone trying to get into the hangar would have to go through one of the adjoining buildings, which I imagine could be for security checks.

There is also an object at the rear of the building, looks like it could be for engine testing but I could be wrong.
Any speculation?

History tool on GE shows this building in existence back to mid-2008.
Pre-building 1/2006 image shows a fighter on that pad in front.
Is there something new there I am missing?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Security was pretty tight there back in the early 1960's.

34°36'9.96"N, 118° 5'9.21"W

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well that was sort of what I meant, in the larger buildings there I imagine you can't just walk in and see airframes, there would be numerous doors and security checks. This one it seems like you would be able to walk straight into the hangar, hence the possible reason for the extra security, if it's a hangar which is used for testing very secret things.

top topics

join