It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implicit Association Test, What Race Do You Have A Auotmatic Preference For , And Other Tests IAT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
over the past year or better, i have been reading more and more on ATS about race, sexual preference, religion, gender, gun rights, if you can name a social issue, chances are there have been a dozen threads or more on on the topic.

today i was on another site, reading about racial issues and one of the members / posters linked a test that tells you your automatic preference towards the topic of the test. they have all that i mentioned above and some more.

here is the link,
Project Implicit

best i can tell and from what i know about myself, they seem to be pretty accurate. i've taken the race test five times and and the outcome has been fairly close every time to what i believe about myself. the ones that didn't i contribute to my dyslexia which tends to show it's self more when i type or rush in doing it or reading. if you take the test you'll see what i mean. if you do it they way they say it take as about 15 20 minutes.

funny thing about the test that reminded me of the reactions to DNA test and skinhead thread on their disclaimer.

Important disclaimer: In reporting to you results of any IAT test that you take, we will mention possible interpretations that have a basis in research done (at the University of Washington, University of Virginia, Harvard University, and Yale University) with these tests. However, these Universities, as well as the individual researchers who have contributed to this site, make no claim for the validity of these suggested interpretations. If you are unprepared to encounter interpretations that you might find objectionable, please do not proceed further. You may prefer to examine general information about the IAT before deciding whether or not to proceed.

so if you can't handle the truth, maybe you shouldn't take any of them.
have fun and maybe learn a little about yourself.

edit on 29-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Shooot, dude, I don't have to take a test. I can tell you straight up.

Latinas. Latinas are the BOMB. Hands down, the most beautiful women on earth. Holy Moly.

Wait, we're talking about chicks, right?

Good. Yup. Latinas.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
INDIANS and Arab women can be BREATH TAKING ...if their BOOBS are big enough for me anyway...like CANDY SAMPLES

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

Latinas. Latinas are the BOMB. Hands down, the most beautiful women on earth. Holy Moly.

Good. Yup. Latinas.

not only racist but sexist too.

its all about Asian women. we all know this.

but that test is a waste.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

so if you can't handle the truth, maybe you shouldn't take any of them. have fun and maybe learn a little about yourself.

Corrections. If you can't handle the programming of a never trump interpretation then you are bad. lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

yea i have thing for latin women. until..... well better not say it might be seen as micro aggression.

edit on 29-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

hey they got a trump test

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

hey they got a trump test

lol. Yeah. And it equates Trump with evil. I had to laugh.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I tried it. I don't disagree with the results but it does seem setup to get certain answers. I found that it mostly came down to by the last few tasks i'd gotten the hang of actually taking the tests and could do the questions quicker. But, the last two or three tasks were always associating negative things with some kind of minority....

I found the second time taking each test apparently made me less bias against whatever minority that particular test happened to be about than the first time I took it. But overall....meh. I know my biases and personally don't give a #. My biases come from years of watching people act in certain ways and realizing stereotypes exist for a reason. Not that everyone is a stereotype and I'll certainly reserve my judgement....but if a person acts like a stereotype I'm sure going to judge them as such.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Saw the words , Harvard , Yale , Princeton etc. in the disclaimer.
Right away knew what it was all about.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: MteWamp

Good. Yup. Latinas.

not only racist but sexist too.

its all about Asian women. we all know this.

but that test is a waste.

I really can't disagree with you or cav, at least as far as straight-up hotness is concerned, but Latinas just have an attitude. It's kinda hard to explain, like a kind of "sexy confidence". It's just attractive on some higher level, at least to me.

Then of course there's the "Lethality" factor, too. If you've ever dated a Latina, you know exactly what I mean. You DO NOT want to seriously piss off a Latina. In my experience you only have about a 50/50 chance of even coming out of it alive if you seriously piss her off, haha!

Seriously...

Oh yeah, getting cussed out in Spanish is seriously hot, too.
edit on 29-9-2017 by MteWamp because: Addition.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

It equates Bill Clinton with evil too, so can't say it's biased.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Statistical fishing ...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

yes, but you can decline to answer the demographic questions, and just do the association part. i found that it still comes out the same way.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I was highly skeptical about the test. And the beginning of the test did seem to be programming the test taker to favor the white preference.

I took the test on my phone using only my thumb instead of my left or right index finger. So maybe that screws up their results.

But I got what I expected, no noticeable favoring of either white or black.

Maybe it's due to being in the military where you have to trust your life to the person on your left and right. You quickly see how ridiculous the divisions between black, white, straight and gay are. We're all green in the Marine Corps and everyone bleeds the same.

Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

that's what i was expecting, the five times i took the test, two neutral, two slight african over european, one slight european over african.

i 'm a white man that also bleeds, or did bleed green.

edit on 30-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Yeah...sounds more like they have the holders of that office pegged

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

It equates Bill Clinton with evil too, so can't say it's biased.

Just because someone tells the truth about one thing, doesn't mean it can't lie about another.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Dumb you can make the test come out how ever you want .
It is all in what answer you pikc . Dont like the results pick another answer .
Mean wile the 3 dudes ( dudets ) in your brain start talking ( I dont want to seam like i am racist says one
the second says I dont give a dam what this test says I like who I like .
The 3rd says Yea but ( insert race and gender here ) is so hot .

new topics

top topics

join