It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ demands Facebook information from 'anti-administration activists'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hey, at least they're asking for a warrant. Improvement, no?

But, yeah this kind of garbage needs to be curtailed. And will only happen if people reject the cult-like behaviors of the extremes of the political spectrum on both ends.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
While you are still caught in that "hate each other" situation, divided like never before, most of you are deflected from what´s really happening. The plan works, following the comments of this thread.

I couldn´t read the term Big Brother once, but that is what´s happening here. Yesterday i read about that Facebook thing, that the government of the "U"SA is demanding more and more data, for sure of it´s political opponents, of it´s "enemies". But not only Facebook, the next article was about the same problem, just with Apple.
If you want to use a translator, i leave the links(sources are never wrong) to the two articles from the same day:
US-Regierung will Daten von Tausenden Facebook-Nutzern auslesen

US-Behörden verlangen immer mehr Daten von Apple
Coincidence?

I don´t think so!
Because, to be honest, that exactly is what Big Brother(i just use that term for police- and surveillance states) was and is installed for. That is what "conspiracy nuts" like me and millions, if not even billions of other people around the earth are warning of. And now it is happening live.

Big Brother starts to work the way it was intended for and the only response is:
The Right: If it hits the libtards, it´s welcome...
The Left : If it hit´s the neonazis, we are fine with it...

With missing the point that Big Brother hits ALL of you, doesn´t matter if left, right, middle, whatever. If you´re not in the club that uses Big Brother for it´s profits.

Even a radical rightwinger with a bit of brain can´t be ok with these techniques to suppress the own fellow citizens. What "the others" still are, even if they have other political views.
Same for radical leftwingers with a bit of brain.

Get your sh*t together and overcome that divide thing, that makes it easier for for Big Brother to grow and exist.
First they divide you, make you hate, fight, kill each other for almost only silly reasons. Then you are so full of hate on the "other side", so deflected from that hate, that you don´t see the real enemies, the real problems.

It´s sad to say, but that is exactly the way those, that use Big Brother against the people, want it to be.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

If that ever happened sure. But it didn't so how about you join this conversation?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It is illegal to incite a riot. If you incite a riot, expect to be investigated and potentially charged/arrested/imprisoned.

It is illegal to leak or mishandle classified information If you leak or mishandle classified information, expect to be investigated and potentially charged/arrested/imprisoned.

It is illegal to damage private property in a protest. If yo damage private property in a protest, expect to be investigated and potentially charged/arrested/imprisoned.

It is illegal to threaten others. If you threaten others, expect to be investigated and potentially charged/arrested/imprisoned.

It is illegal to knowingly spread false information in an attempt to damage the United States. If you knowingly spread false information in an attempt to damage the United States, expect to be investigated and potentially charged/arrested/imprisoned.

The people being investigated are suspected of committing Federal crimes. Fortunately for them, stoopidity is not illegal, else they could be charged with conducting illegal activities in a public setting and leaving a clear record of their activities and their identities. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. are not a person's private little domain, free from the prying eyes of anyone they decide to keep out. They are public record communication networks which offer some measure of privacy so long as illegal activity is not indicated. If illegal activity is indicated, they can be searched just as surely as your home should someone find a murder victim's blood on your front door.

It is not illegal to protest. You may protest all you want. But if your protest has no clear goal and no clearly stated demands, expect your protest to be ignored. That is not a reason to riot. It's a reason to get your act together before you do more stoopid.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
The actual warrant for anyone interested

SOURCE

I may have missed it but I didn't see where anyone was referred to as "anti-administration activists".

Exactly!

The warrant was issued for "Evidence of rioting or inciting to riot in violation of DC code 22-1322"
NOT being anti anything. The warrant was signed by the Judge 2/9/17. So to get a warrant signed by a Judge preliminary evidence had to be produced to justify them getting FB records.

CNN and others can spin this anyway they want to to produce fake divisive outrage but the DOJ is attempting to prosecute a specific charge regarding a specific law.

The problem with this is a FB account "may" have been used, this gives the DOJ access to many other FB accounts and is something EVERYONE was warned about by computer experts. People who signed up were warned extensively that this would eventually happen.

Social media accounts were never secure and posting anything NOT PC has always been problematic since it leaves the user open to everything from hacking ID theft and searches.

I'd say since FB was targeted the DOJ doesn't have enough yet to get a warrant for the targets IP provider, but will probably find it based on what they find via FB. On another hand it's possible FB can be included as an accomplice since the account wasn't shut down while criminal activity was occurring on their platform.

This is gonna get deep and it literally has less to do about the reason for the protests and more about stopping FB being used by grassroots orgs to get news out and stay connected.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: FraggleRock
The actual warrant for anyone interested

SOURCE

I may have missed it but I didn't see where anyone was referred to as "anti-administration activists".

CNN referred to them as "anti-administration activists" and the title of the thread is named after the CNN article. They are called "anti-administration activists" because they are political activists who are against the Trump administration. I'm not sure that information would have been found in the warrant. Thanks for linking to it.

That's where you made your mistake - you took CNN at their word.
This looks like a specific case where the DOJ are gathering evidence against organisers of the violence at the Inauguration - whose stated aim was to break the law. If social media channels are being used to plan criminal acts, the DOJ have every right to go after the accounts involved.
CNN made it sound like something else in order to drive propaganda.

edit on 30/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: M5xaz

If that ever happened sure. But it didn't so how about you join this conversation?

With respect to joining this conversation, I have; I would tell you to refer the three posts above, but that is too much work no doubt for "her royal highness".

With respect to the activities of the previous administration that is precisely what happenned, Obama/Hillary using the IC to attack political opponents, like they did with Lerner and the IRS.

For you, reading comprehension, or even just comprehension, is not your forte; you self identify as silly....

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
CNN made it sound like something else in order to drive propaganda.

I think that is what it looks like.
edit on 03pmTue, 03 Oct 2017 23:42:51 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join