It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feedback from NFL fans on facebook, etc..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

It wasn't just a tweet. In fact, it started with a speech.

I think Trump would like to make it illegal, actually. But he is slowly learning that president does not equal boss.

edit on 9/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I think Trump would like to make it illegal, actually. But he is slowly learning that president does not equal boss.

I think he's well aware of it and has been. I also don't doubt that every President in history would have made some things illegal given license to do so. Fortunately, that isn't the case. Yes?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Actually, Trump seemed shocked that a lowly judge could shut him down. I wouldn't have liked to have been the one to try to explain it to him.

Yes, it is fortunate that our system can keep Trump in check, for the most part.

edit on 9/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

THEIR argument was a logical fallacy .. due to the reasons you mentioned. It is not a choice between freedom of speech and the anthem.

No government agency is tracking them down.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A lot of stupid arguments could be made. Unless he is actively involved in some way the argument falls flat.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Him wanting to make it illegal isn't a problem. It only becomes one if he actually tries to.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If this anthem thing wasn't hurting the NFL, then the NBA wouldn't be taking steps telling their players to stand and recommending they use other means to address the issues.

If the perception that the NFL players were being anti-American wasn't causing a problem, then they wouldn't care so much if the NBA players followed suit.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Him wanting to make it illegal isn't a problem. It only becomes one if he actually tries to.

True. But it sure was a good diversion. For a bit.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

THEIR argument was a logical fallacy .. due to the reasons you mentioned. It is not a choice between freedom of speech and the anthem.

No government agency is tracking them down.

Ah.I stand corrected....getting old.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Actually, Trump seemed shocked that a lowly judge could shut him down. I wouldn't have liked to have been the one to try to explain it to him.

Yes, it is fortunate that our system can keep Trump in check, for the most part.

I'd prefer Trump clean house.

edit on 30-9-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I think a clean house would include him.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Getting rather slippy aren't you? First you post "I think Trump wants to make it illegal", then alter it to Trump wants to make illegal.

Surely your better than that.

Actually, there are laws that infringe on freedom of speech, to this day. Go ahead and yell 'fire' in a crowed theater. Try "bomb" in a concert. How about 'Allah Akbar' on an airplane??
Personally, I could live with that law. The 'problem' would be yours...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I think a clean house would include him.

Yes. I know. I disagree.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

False argument.

One, quote where Trump said so.

Two, NFL can already lawfully regulate behavior on the field.

Fury over NFL’s crackdown on player’s 9/11 tribute cleats
nypost.com...

FLASHBACK: NFL Banned Teams From Honoring Murdered Cops; Threatened Players Honoring 9/11
www.dailywire.com...

The NFL wouldn't let DeAngelo Williams wear pink year-round to honor his late mother
ftw.usatoday.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I seen you post a few times kid... lol you are so lost in your own hate its pathetic.

We get it you are a brainwashed liberal who thinks he is right regardless of the facts.

Here is a fact, there is not a police brutality problem in the USA. Check the facts

The problem is racist children are being raised by racists to think they should be able to do and say anything and if they are stopped they are told its because of race.

The bigger problem is people like yourself who think opinions are facts and are too stupid to tell the difference.

Educate yourself and until you do and start thinking for yourself you will remain worthless and confused.
edit on 1-10-2017 by Godstuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2017 by Godstuff because: spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Godstuff

I seen you post a few times kid... lol you are so lost in your own hate its pathetic.

We get it you are a brainwashed liberal who thinks he is right regardless of the facts.

Here is a fact, there is not a police brutality problem in the USA. Check the facts

The problem is racist children are being raised by racists to think they should be able to do and say anything and if they are stopped they are told its because of race.

The bigger problem is people like yourself who think opinions are facts and are too stupid to tell the difference.

Educate yourself and until you do and start thinking for yourself you will remain worthless and confused.

I have to say police do target black people the wife and i had this conversation recently when she was pulled over again. They see a white guy driving a lexus they leave me alone. The wife on the other hand is pulled over every couple of months. I havnt been pulled over in about ten years. And its not for speeding she is always telling me to slow down. She rarely gets a ticket because she used to be a lawyer for the da. But what they see is a black woman driving a nice car and come up with lame excuses as to why they stopped her. The last one said he thought her tail light was out but it see,s to be working now.

I guess i agree about the police brutality part but i will say dont assume there isnt a problem with race an the police
edit on 10/1/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

LOL,your assuming everyone watches football,a well thought out remark,then make an outlandish statement

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

True. But it sure was a good diversion. For a bit.

The MSM created the diversion not Trump.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I can't believe people hadn't already figured out that Professional sports is a big scam. Why couldn't we boycott them for stealing our tax money and overcharging for everything and paying millions to people who don't deserve it while working people are suffering?

Why does it take a race war for people to wake up?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Godstuff

I have to say police do target black people the wife and i had this conversation recently when she was pulled over again. They see a white guy driving a lexus they leave me alone. The wife on the other hand is pulled over every couple of months. I havnt been pulled over in about ten years. And its not for speeding she is always telling me to slow down. She rarely gets a ticket because she used to be a lawyer for the da. But what they see is a black woman driving a nice car and come up with lame excuses as to why they stopped her. The last one said he thought her tail light was out but it see,s to be working now.

I guess i agree about the police brutality part but i will say dont assume there isnt a problem with race an the police

I have experienced a similar situation where I was speeding a bit and a police car came up on me, saw another car with a black couple at about the same speed and went after them, instead of me and my daughter.

Where does race/racial profiling by the police and outright bias separate? Is there any separation at all? Profiling seems to be a logical means of narrowing down likely suspects. An obvious tool to improve the likelihood of preventing crime or apprehending a criminal. Yet if that profiling is by race, then it is unacceptable? It seems contradictory. A gray area.

P.S. I was pleased the cop went after those others rather than me....blush.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join