It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feedback from NFL fans on facebook, etc..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

If it's not been said?

We for the most part 'friend' and include people in our lives who think as we do.

I've many 'friends' who agree with my beliefs as I've surrounded myself with people who do.

I do not exclude anyone who does not, but, for the most part they exclude themselves from my point of view when they don't agree.

I've many, and I mean many social media 'friends' who agree this 'kneel' is a farce.

But, in all honesty - if all I know is the ones who believe as I do?

There's truth in that, but not a realistic view of the truth now is there and I freely admit to that.

peace

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I recall stating tradition was overrated, not useless.

I don't believe the traditional Thanksgiving wishbone helped shape the person I am today. And I don't think the anthem at sporting events is the glue which holds our society together.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
a reply to: ketsuko

I recall stating tradition was overrated, not useless.

I don't believe the traditional Thanksgiving wishbone helped shape the person I am today. And I don't think the anthem at sporting events is the glue which holds our society together.

Probably an accurate assessment. Yet it's more like the straw that broke the camel's back. One more commonality divided. One more schism. To many, an outright insult.

I will try the liberal rhetoric...'it offends me'.....

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Somebody felt it was important enough to protest during.
There must be some pretty deep value to stir such emotion

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: angeldoll
This was a non-issue until Pwesident Tweet turned it into one.

He's given the Russians an "assist" with turning us against each other.

False.

Myself and many others were already boycotting the NFL.

I've been saying to boycott the NFL for like a decade!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Different strokes for different folks.

My opinion has always been that I view this entire thing as an obnoxious non issue that's been catapulted to the forefront of the 24 hour news cycle by a very vocal minority. Being covered non stop does not make the issue any more or any less important. And watching people, many of whom have never watched a minute of sports coverage, get so bent out of shape over the actions of irrelevant sports figures is bonkers to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
More scientific polling shows a pretty even split on taking a knee:
48% - respectful
46% - not respectful

On the other hand, when it comes to Trump's tantrum:
60% - Boo Trump
30% - Yea Trump

www.pbs.org...

The demographic breakdowns for the poll aren't surprising.

You mean more left leaning polling?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Doesn't seem to be.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Doesn't seem to be.

I am just surprised anyone who considers themselves not gullible would still cite any poles after this last election.

But I am not surprised you found one to support your side.

edit on 29-9-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I wish all major sports would just stop with all this American Anthem nonsense. Christ, take that crap to city hall or something. I mean, make a Church of 'Murica if you want people to sing, "Hose can you see...."

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Doesn't seem to be.

I am just surprised anyone who considers themselves not gullible would still cite any poles after this last election.

Except the jokes on you. Most the major National polls were well within the margin of error. The problem was with a handful of state polls, but almost no one is talking about those when they start their b*tching about polls. And the problem with those polls is that there weren't enough of them and they failed to accurate predict voter turnout.

There is no "voter turnout" to worry about with an opinion poll.
edit on 29-9-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

More scientific polling shows a pretty even split on taking a knee:
48% - respectful
46% - not respectful

On the other hand, when it comes to Trump's tantrum:
60% - Boo Trump
30% - Yea Trump

www.pbs.org...

The demographic breakdowns for the poll aren't surprising.

You mean more left leaning polling?

Who needs those.
Let us find some right wing leaning polls that show right biased POV because those are the more accurate..lol

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

Doesn't seem to be.

Except the jokes on you. Most the major National polls were well within the margin of error. The problem was with a handful of state polls, but almost no one is talking about those when they start their b*tching about polls. And the problem with those polls is that there weren't enough of them and their methodologies were shoddy.

What?? are you delusional?? Every poll had Hillary winning by a landslide. Thats why the whole country is still shell shocked.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Doesn't seem to be.

Except the jokes on you. Most the major National polls were well within the margin of error. The problem was with a handful of state polls, but almost no one is talking about those when they start their b*tching about polls. And the problem with those polls is that there weren't enough of them and their methodologies were shoddy.

What?? are you delusional?? Every poll had Hillary winning by a landslide. Thats why the whole country is still shell shocked.

Then the FBI releases a useless statement which damaged her, which is something you guys seem to conveniently forget. Without that statement Clinton was in but now we are stuck with a stupid stupid man.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Doesn't seem to be.

You're wrong. Most of the major national polls were well within the margin of error.

The national general election polls completed within 13 days of the election were “among the most accurate in estimating the popular vote margin in US elections since 1936” with an average absolute error of 2.2 percentage points. They estimated Hillary Clinton’s popular vote lead to be about 3.2 percentage points; certified vote totals show she won by 2.1 percentage points.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShawnTBear

Doesn't seem to be.

Then the FBI releases a useless statement which damaged her, which is something you guys seem to conveniently forget. Without that statement Clinton was in but now we are stuck with a stupid stupid man.

Yeah thats it. It could not of possibly been the bias media lying to us the whole time right?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

BS.

edit on 29-9-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Doesn't seem to be.

Yeah thats it. It could not of possibly been the bias media lying to us the whole time right?

So u are saying that the FBI statement had no effect?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Doesn't seem to be.

So u are saying that the FBI statement had no effect?

The people that were gonna vote for Hillary still voted for Hillary. Have you seen how stubborn the left is?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Dudemo5

The national general election polls completed within 13 day

LMAO
did you really just cite more polls to prove that polls were right. Wow.

No. I cited an article in Forbes, that links to an in-depth factual analysis of the 2016 election polls, both state and national. There was no "poll" involved in this analysis.

It's a statement of FACT that the national polls in the 2016 presidential election were the most accurate since 1936.

Read the g'damned article. It's in Forbes, for Christ's sake. And it's pretty well written.
edit on 29-9-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join