It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Me Understand What's Missing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Please help me understand what it is people aren't allowed to do that they want to do. Say I am a woman...what specifically can't I do that a man can do? I asked my daughter and her friends this question and they said they didn't feel oppressed at all. They felt like they could do whatever they wanted in life and it made me think about...what are the specifics of this equality people are looking for (though it likely means different things to different people).

I am unaware of anything that any American Citizen can do that others cannot.

Help me understand what it is that people aren't doing that they want to do.

Please quantify and explain logically...so I can understand.

Thank you!

P.S. I am not looking for a fight here just understanding...thanks!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Say I am a woman...what specifically can't I do that a man can do?

Get prostate or testicular cancer?

Ummmmmm.......

Laugh hysterically at fart jokes?

That’s all I’ve got.

ETA: Scrap the fart jokes one. I just showed my wife my reply and she laughed at the fart joke part.
edit on 2992017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I asked my daughter and her friends this question and they said they didn't feel oppressed at all. They felt like they could do whatever they wanted in life and it made me think about...

Just wondering how old your daughter and friends are? Where they live, where they work?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

There may be many things we can't partake in but for sure...

Just take time.

edit on 29-9-2017 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

There may be many things we can't partake in but for sure...

Just take time.

I was really hoping there would be some concrete information on what rights were being denied American Citizens. It is impossible to do anything about 'equality' without some sort of actionable list of items.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Say I am a woman...what specifically can't I do that a man can do?

As a woman, that one has always stumped me too. In fact, I 'd say that women have an edge when it comes to having customers in male dominated industries. Whatever we lack in money, we're more than capable of making up for in perks. Whatever we don't get in perks, we can make up for when selecting a partner. I'm not talking about giving up true love for money either. It's not necessary.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Please help me understand what it is people aren't allowed to do that they want to do. Say I am a woman...what specifically can't I do that a man can do? I asked my daughter and her friends this question and they said they didn't feel oppressed at all. They felt like they could do whatever they wanted in life and it made me think about...what are the specifics of this equality people are looking for (though it likely means different things to different people).

I am unaware of anything that any American Citizen can do that others cannot.

Help me understand what it is that people aren't doing that they want to do.

Please quantify and explain logically...so I can understand.

Thank you!

P.S. I am not looking for a fight here just understanding...thanks!

That is a great question.
The thing I believe that people are not doing that they should do, is care about the people they disagree with.

Everyone I have ever met has always been different than everyone else. The reality of it, everyone is their own person. We have to make decisions about individuals on individual circumstances.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Just wondering how old your daughter and friends are? Where they live, where they work?

This statement seems a little like it rubs the lotion on it's skinish.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I also don't know the answer to this one, but the last time a feminist got in my face I asked that same question, and all I got was name called.

so, I guess women don't have the right to get punched in the face for being complete assholes? if that was a guy pulling that attitude with me he'd be missing a tooth for it.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I was really hoping there would be some concrete information on what rights were being denied American Citizens. It is impossible to do anything about 'equality' without some sort of actionable list of items.

Not quite sure what you mean...are you referring to denied rights by asking dead people, or those still alive?
Certainly there are those who are dead on the actionable list who have been denied rights....for no good reason.

edit on 29-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Age, location, and line of work could make a difference.

I'm sure there are older women in New York who feel like "it's a man's world"!

link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I am frustrated by the lack of concrete examples.

I don't see my fellow citizens being denied their rights so I was hoping for some clarity from those that understand these things better than I.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Feelings aren't concrete examples or actionable.

I am interested in what rights are being denied to woman or others minorities. Something with facts and logic that can be helpful to the cause.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The system was deliberately constructed in such a complex way from the industrial era on,only insiders can understand it ,for a great deal of time evils done have been hidden ,NOW we have the INTERNET and their only defense is denial and counter data "cointelpro" work before proof is located and more can be brought down.
Another issue is the ADMIRALTY LAW system they control all of us with,as well ,now throw in propaganda and social manipulations and WE can't even tell without DECADES of research

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

a reply to: lordcomac

I am frustrated by the lack of concrete examples.

I don't see my fellow citizens being denied their rights so I was hoping for some clarity from those that understand these things better than I.

I don’t think it’s so much as what they can’t do...

More what they go through in life...

For example sexual harassment in the work place...
Like at Fox...

Not many men coming forward with claims of sexual deviancy...
Plenty of women though.

Or the nondiscrimination Laws that don’t apply to gay people in the workplace in some States...
Those may be unconstitutional but nevertheless it still happens.

Equality, basically.
Do these examples suffice?
edit on 29-9-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

They help, but again, no sure how to fix people's experiences.

I try to be a great coach to my softball girls and make sure to only motivate through positive feedback. I am not sure I can do a whole lot more since I am mostly retired now.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Feelings aren't concrete examples or actionable.

I am interested in what rights are being denied to woman or others minorities. Something with facts and logic that can be helpful to the cause.

Haven't you heard? Feelings trump everything! LOL!

We're living in a day and age where it's more important to protect someone's feelings than it is to educate people on the reality of the situation!

edit on 29-9-2017 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I think an issue I am having is I tend towards pragmatism and logic so I can't process feelings and experiences as useful or actionable. When I have feelings or experiences I simply deal with them.

I don't expect life to be fair because it rarely is in my experience.

edit on 2017/9/29 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I agree. I was just making an observation.

Feelings are tricky things sometimes. As far as the law goes though, there is no difference between what a woman can do and what a man can do. Some places in the world though, women don't have the same rights.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I think an issue I am having is I tend towards pragmatism and logic so I can't process feelings and experiences as useful or actionable. When I have feelings or experiences I simply deal with them.

I don't expect life to be fair because it rarely is in my experience.

We need more mature adults like you who understand reality and knows how to adjust to the "life isn't fair" moments of their lives. I'm sure your daughter has learned much from you!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join