It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse meat for dinner if U.S. House gets its way

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I had some in 60s when Albuquerque got caught feeding it to us ...it tastes different than beef THAT'S for sure.
I 'm surprised they are failing to push BUGS for food.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: suicideeddie
a reply to: rickymouse

you could use the goldfish as bait for something bigger

If you get caught using a goldfish for bait, you could pay a hefty fine. They will take over lakes.

My granddaughter wanted a fish tank when she lived with us, she got married and moved out but she can't have a fishtank in her appartment. So we have fish till she gets a place where she can. She is looking at one now, but she can't have a cat, so maybe we can trade her her fish for her cat. Her cat is blind, she felt sorry for it at the humane society, she got the cat but didn't have a pet deposit so we had it here for a while. Blind cats tend to get lost in our house.
edit on 29-9-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I wouldn't eat this little fella though.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

don't know if this was said yet, I didn't read threw. Make horse meat legal and sell it real cheap so that anyone can afford it.
I wouldn't think there would be a lot of folks that want to eat it,but there are folks that could use the meat.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Of course, they only make electric ones now.
Nobody can even turn a crank anymore.

First time I've ever seen one of those.

Makes ya wonder how they can manage to reel in a fish. Perhaps they just run with the pole in hand and drag it up on shore. LOL

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I can see restaurants selling horse meat at a higher price by claiming it is special. Be one of the few whose steak ran in the Kentucky Derby.

edit:

How about a burger franchise named Derby Burger, Mr Ed's, Blue Grass Steak House.

Yeah, some breakfast chains could easily contract to get a hold of ex-derby horses and serve a "breakfast of champions" steak n eggs.

I was in Italy a few years ago visiting my cousin and he took me to a place outside of Matera where he lives, I think it was Alta-Mura and they had horsemeat on the menu there. I politely declined as I was not feeling that adventurous then, not to mention quite stunned to see it there.

PS: What do you call an Ethiopian walking a dog....

A caterer

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Are they determined to force people into Vegetarianism?

Next they'll try passing a bill to sell live bugs at the supermarket as 'essential' protein supplements. Part of the new improved Food Pyramid scheme.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's a good meat. I eat it when I can find it.

The sushi chain here used to have it once in awhile and I would indulge. Quite tender raw with a couple of fava beans.

Haven't seen it lately.

We don't actually need them for a food source and they are portrayed as noble and loyal, like dogs.

I'm not sure where I stand for commercial production and consumption of horse meat.

It'd be a tough sell in the states.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Humanity is a disease. Pollution, lack of morals and intellectualism, this planet is really p####ing me off.
Hi asteroid, were over here!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ya'll might have eaten trace amounts without even knowing it!!

Anyway, back in 2013, there were actually some pretty nightmarish meat problems after testing revealed horsemeat in some hamburgers, and lasagna meat that was as much as 90 percent equine. Meat ID tests exist that use DNA extraction and an amplification technique called PCR (polymerase chain reaction), but they might not be sensitive to cooked products after the DNA degrades under heat and processing.

Yikes! That is kind of gross. So, science to the rescue!

The technique still isn’t something you can do at home—the method ultimately required lab equipment like a centrifuge, custom genetic material, chemicals to perform the analysis, and a sensing kit composed of special disposable electrodes.

Using their setup, the authors took a look at tiny meat samples as well as beef spiked with traces of horsemeat. They isolated the mitochondria by crushing the meat and centrifuging it using their extraction kit, and then got to work with their analysis.

The researchers report that they could successfully detect horsemeat at concentrations as low as .5%.

Mitochondria DNA analysis. They have to create another tool as well but it is disposable. You can't really hide mDNA.

The House making it easier!?!?! Way to doctor beef. Like mickey dee's adding saw dust or what ever. The food chain should be kept clean and not up to the discretion of some company making money by tossing in horse meat!

I bet someone is getting money to make this an issue! SMH

Source: gizmodo.com - New Test Can Detect Traces of Horse Meat in Your Beef.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

That's cool but you just go ahead with out us

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I see no reason why it shouldn't be allowed. I ate it every now and then growing up and if the only rationale against is is a societal stigma, then that's a poor reason to interfere with commerce.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Friggin Blasphemy...

🏇

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Awww, where are the twits with all their photos of plates of sizzling bacon and the caplock quotes of "ooh yummy!"

I visit this site for exactly that sort of intellectual stimulation. I am VERY DISAPPOINTED. Slurp.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Not willing to eat a little ass, eh? (In seriousness, donkey meat isn't bad, either. It's best suited for longer cooking, though.)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

That's cool but you just go ahead with out us
fine i didnt like this planet anyway.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Later bud
I really don't like it either to be honest

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
IHOH - International House of Horses.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
IHOH - International House of Horses.

I knew it. Horse bacon is on the way.

IHOH - Wild horses couldn't drive me away...
edit on 9/29/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

You shouldn't ride your food

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join