It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to broadcast to millions of U.S. homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The U.S. military is to beam its own news coverage to millions of Americans.

Moving on from its phase of embedding journalists, or as some would say, 'a policy of restricting and controlling the flow of information,' the Pentagon will now produce and disseminate the news itself. It will be beamed to the public at no charge. The service will emanate from what is known as the Pentagon Channel, an internal public relations television unit within the Department of Defense. It was set up nine months ago.

FULL STORY

Well, it seems as if the government has done it again. Now they are going to officially broadcast their own channel to millions of viewers on Dish Network. If you thought the U.S. media is being controlled, well now we get to hear the lies straight out of their mouths.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Why is this a bad thing? Obviously the site is going to be a source of propaganda, wouldn't it be intersting to watch it?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well, here we have it. In communist Cuba, as soon as Castro took over, they immediately began with their own tv stations, and radio stations....

OMG- please people, cant you see whats going on?

Next it will be saluting a statue of Bush in school before classes can begin..

Oh, I cant stand it...

Ps..No, i will not leave my country, thank you.( for those of you who undoubtedly will say if you dont like it, get out.)

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Next it will be saluting a statue of Bush in school before classes can begin

Its hardly all that. Its a government propaganda station. They already release news info anyway, and they are the ones giving information at news conferences. Heck, this is better, becuase this concentrates it in one point.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The new 'Pentagon Channel' is going to be the American equivilant of 'Al-Jazerra'.

Sugar coating the War in Iraq with a total disregard of the total number of American casualities...encouraging the upcoming War on Iran.

There is a thin line between Patriotism and Propaganda. Pentagon TV, coming to a government controlled living room near you.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
TONIGHT! On The Pentagon Channel, we'll be talking live directly from Donald Rumsfelds Office.. LIVE!.. TONIGHT! Iraq votes in record breaking numbers showing the world they absolutely love Freedom for Foooood!.. YOU HEARD IT HERE AMERICA, FIRST!.. ON THE PENTAGOOON CHANNEL!

Live!

In other news, Carlyle Group buys out Nintendo Inc..

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You know what would be funny/scary... If they send out on the carrier wave such a braod range it bleeds over to every channel, so that no matter what channel you turn to its Pentagon TV. Then claim ignorance after several days of brainwashing... "Ooops hey we didn't mean to do that."

Phae

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why is this a bad thing?

Whether you believe it's a bad thing or not, which I think it is, since it's news coming straight from the Pentagon and not some outside source like CNN or FOX, we'll still be able to make our own assumptions on whether the Pentagon is telling the truth or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why is this a bad thing? Obviously the site is going to be a source of propaganda, wouldn't it be intersting to watch it?

I dont think so. I think for every one of us that knows the truth, theres 10 rednecks who will believe this crap hook line and sinker. Personally, this scares the hell out of me.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
it would spare us the media spin right ?

it would prevent bozos like geraldo giving away our soldiers positions right ?

if they schedule mass rallies with bonfires, I'll head to bora bora, until then, its just another lousy channel on the tele

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phaethor
You know what would be funny/scary... If they send out on the carrier wave such a braod range it bleeds over to every channel, so that no matter what channel you turn to its Pentagon TV. Then claim ignorance after several days of brainwashing

Gosh, people might have to turn their tvs off

mr mulder
we'll still be able to make our own assumptions on whether the Pentagon is telling the truth or not.

Certainly, in fact, it'll make it more obvious that its comming from the government. The brits used to have a ministry of information. A propaganda department.

spliff4020
theres 10 rednecks who will believe this crap hook line and sinker. Personally, this scares the hell out of me.

Those guys are already watching fox news. If they use this site, it'll officially be propaganda.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Don't underestimate the power of media. I think the saying is " a lie told enough times becomes the truth" At least with networks you have competition. They will try to screw over the other networks with bigger stories or destroy them like the CBS/Dan Rather thing. Whos the competion for the government? They dont care about ratings. After a few years it will probably be bigger than CNN and MSNBC combined.

I just dont want the news brought to me by someone who is being paid by the people I want watched the most. I think this (if it succeeds) will be part of the epitath of our country. It will surely be remembered as one of the contributing factors..

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Taylor Caldwell's, the Devils' Advocate. Read it, it's about America becoming totaliterian.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have my own conspiracy theory, the "new pentagon channel" is going to create vigilantes, obviously the people that will be suck into is will be the bush blind followers because eve the regular Republican hard die knows what is going on.

So is just targeting the really radical bush followers

(Remember this my conspiracy theory)

Now they will be more susceptible to brain manipulation

So after been bombarded with patriotic news, they will go on the streets and will target any anti bush government site or conspiracy site out there with span, while targeting in the street anybody that said anything against bush regime.

This is my conspiracy theory.

On the other hand if the government starts controlling the INTERNET we will never learn the truth right?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
its to bad they dont offer it on cable lol
I would probaly watch it to check it out. It would be cool if they would broadcast live 24/7

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I believe there is a principle of "separation of news media and state" that should be equivalent to "separation of church and state". Its just bad policy to have any organization compose its own report card, due to conflict of interest.

Before anyone tries to catch me out for being from Canada where we have the government owned Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, I assure you that I would love to see it privatized.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Your freedom is crumbling all around you.

What you call freedom, is only the right to buy things. You are nothing but mindless consumers.

Just shut up, go to work, and buy things.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It would be more interesting if they broadcast randomly selected tapped phone lines. And randomly selected, intercepted emails. Perhaps video feeds from different security cameras from around the country. Every night at 7, they could put up the profile of a random American - all their info, what books they've checked out lately, their last three credit card purchases, etc.

That would be good tv.

edit: And I'm still waiting for state executions to be on tv. Anyone know the hold-up on that??

[edit on 10-2-2005 by quango]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I don't really see this as a big deal. I believe it's an even smaller deal than adding the NASA channel to the Dish channels. Although I like the NASA channel, you don't usually watch a space shuttle or other educational material for too long before you want something more entertaining. Perhaps if they have the Swedish bikini team showing the latest in new tank weaponry, I might watch. I have no idea of what the programming will be like though.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Interesting information. Now we can hear their lies first hand.....who is going to believe them?

new topics

top topics

join