It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims in China Ordered/Asked to Hand In Their Korans and Prayer Mats or Face Harsh Punishments.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Any opinion I give about my own country gets me nothing but arguments.
Kneeling,
Immigration,
Trump,

China can do whatever they want.
edit on 29-9-2017 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Really, I’m a little pissed at this, admittedly, as a Muslim...

But then I remember Saudi Arabia and other Wahhabi states do the same to other Faiths...

Ultimately it makes me proud to be British... Freedom of Religion/non-belief is sacred in my book...
I don’t care who you do or don’t worship, to be honest.

So you are Muslim Lite?

Got no problem with that, like with all the worlds religions its when you knock it up to 100 proof, that things start to go sideways. Moderation I always say.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If you're not on the left you're on the right, if you're on the right you you're wrong. Get used to it.
a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

But then I remember Saudi Arabia and other Wahhabi states do the same to other Faiths...

Ultimately it makes me proud to be British... Freedom of Religion/non-belief is sacred in my book...

So you are Muslim Lite?

Got no problem with that, like with all the worlds religions its when you knock it up to 100 proof, that things start to go sideways. Moderation I always say.

Peace.

I wouldn’t say Muslim lite.

The Medina Constitution from Muhammad was one of the first to instil Freedom of Faith.

The Quran says “unto you, your faith, unto me, my faith”...

I’m also not restricted by the Hadith so my Quranist stance appears “moderate”.

On topic, I’m not gonna get up in arms about this...
Everyone knows Communism purges Religion...

I don’t understand why any Faith filled person would wanna live in China in the first place.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
China can't do anything wrong. They could filter their coal burning smokestacks with the skins of Muslims and Al Gore would give them an award and the Left would cheer.

Hmmm, yea and there's probably a Nobel Peace Prize in there as well!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

See ATS is just like America now. You can not only piss off you family and friends you can reach out and touch someone world wide.

Isn't the internet grand?

got to remember the slogan isn't deny intolerance...

I used to just lurk and post every 2-3 years for major stuff, but you know now we are competing with millenials and to them everything has the same high grade importance.

Their Facebook friends, Syria, the election, what IPA they drink all are argued with equal enthusiasm.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I don't understand much of any of this. For one, you're correct in saying that the Chicoms are hostile to all religions, but at the same time, there's a prospering "underground" and "above ground" Roman Catholic Church presence in China.
See www.crisismagazine.com...

But as well, check this out! www.theguardian.com... n/28/muslim-population-country-projection-2030

At Wikipedia we find that not only is the Islamic presence in China huge.........its OLD, actually, it's ANCIENT!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I wouldn't call it ancient at all. In theological terms, it's contemporary. 1600 years is f#ck all when it comes to religion. The silk road had been active for over half a millennia before Mohammed was even born.

Ancient... Good one.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Any church presence active in China is active on the same terms that the Buddhists are active in China - the state controls it very strictly.

Remember how the government of China got its panties in a wad when the Dali Lama threatened to die and not reincarnate because he knew the Chinese government was going to claim he had reincarnated into one of their controlled Lamas?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Leave my ipa out of this.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Absolutely right.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The western provinces of China have had various issues with Islam since well before the revolution.

It's only a matter of time 'til they have even more issues--if they haven't already, and have hushed it up...

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Would that more folks thought that way, irregardless of religious affiliation.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Controlling Islam? I see no downside at all.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: CulturalResilience

China can run their country any way they want.
What gives us the right to judge?

Yeah, that's right! And if they want to have an annual dog-eating festival and chew on crunchy cocker spaniel ears dipped in a sweet and tempting soy dip so what, meat is meat right? And so what if they round up practitioners of Fulan Gong, jail them for practicing meditation techniques and harvest their organs after execution and sell them to wealthy western recipients. I mean isn't that a good thing? Spiritual practice and a healthy lifestyle ensure the organs are of the best quality really. It's just quality control really. A sign of ass-tute business policy.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Life in the anthill is rough.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Congratulations radical Islam...
Y’all did the impossible:
You drove me to support communist China in something...

As an aside, how do democrats escape the blame for China???
Their idol Truman needed only supply tsek [minimally] to defeat mao...let alone ally and put troops on the ground...
MacArthur was ready and willing...we owed our allies, the people of China, support and the American liberals dismissed them as they always do the citizens of the Far East...
Liberals are inherently loathe to win wars...
It’s part of their ineffectual, effete, defeatist ethos of progressivism...
And that’s to say nothing of the Korean War which finds us staring down the barrel of a nuclear war...
WTG Democrats: winning at losing since 1917

-Chris

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I don't understand much of any of this. For one, you're correct in saying that the Chicoms are hostile to all religions, but at the same time, there's a prospering "underground" and "above ground" Roman Catholic Church presence in China.
See www.crisismagazine.com...

But as well, check this out! www.theguardian.com... n/28/muslim-population-country-projection-2030

At Wikipedia we find that not only is the Islamic presence in China huge.........its OLD, actually, it's ANCIENT!

Away with your facts and history! Heathen!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wish they would do this with Christians and Catholics,nothing but a bunch of brain washed fools. Only thing keeping them from being as violent as ISIS is that western laws have reeled them in and kept them in check.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Stay up on this one please.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join