It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals and racism..... Building the voter base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Not sure where to post, as it's somewhat of a political conspiracy... Anyway, read on!

So this is a fantastic time to be alive. You're either a racist, white supremacist, Nazi, or a minority.

I'm not saying that you actually ARE any of these things, but that is the mold that everyone is cast in nowadays. Every word, statement, assumption, etc, comes with someone acquiring a label. No matter what is said, words and actions can (and will) be twisted into some sort of hateful rhetoric. No matter what the context, who the person is, there is a negative label associated. All of this can be traced back to common denominator: Liberal Left.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a republican, and I'm not a democrat. I'm not too liberal, I'm not too conservative. I believe in abortions and guns, enforcing immigration laws and protecting rights of LGBTQ and whatever other initials. I have my own beliefs, thoughts and values, and (as evidenced in this thread) love to call things as I see them.

So, first we had the election campaign. According to a lot of liberal media, Trump was elected based on racism.... Mostly due to votes from the "Nationalist" crowd, that liked his stance on immigration policy - and that our immigration laws should be followed-. After the election results, the media also portrayed that he was elected based on sexism as well..... Even though Clinton also lost when she ran in 2008. (That doesn't count, however, because she lost against a black guy [I'll touch on that later])

After this, in my opinion, is when the Liberal Left saw an opportunity and took it: Build off of the heightened racial tensions from the previous presidency, and use it to increase your followers.

Every word from every talking head's mouth has had something to do with race since the election. Every word said by someone else, has been twisted to be a racist statement. All this does, is fuel the democratic fan base. As another poster noted, people are much more motivated, when the source of motivation is anger. Most democrats are angry from the election results. They continue to get angry with everything the media shoves down their throats: The wage gap, sexism, racism, bigotry, intolerance, etc.

All of this anger is going to do nothing except for compound more and more until the next election cycle. The Liberal platform wants this... they NEED this, in order to get enough votes to control senate/house and Whitehouse, in essence doing a flip-flop of what happened this past election.

None of it is real. The wage gap has been proven to be fictitious time and time again, we have the main proponents of universal medicare being on record in the 80's saying that it will bankrupt the country, people are protesting the most minute of issues and giving the others a pass, women are marching for rights that they already have, people are protesting against police at football games during the pledge (which is like holding a protest in front of a Taco Bell because your vehicle registration is too high of a cost).......

It's all just games. Games of hatred and power. Play the games, to make your voter base hate everyone who doesn't agree with them. Make them think (honestly) that everyone who doesn't agree with them, are Nazis, racists, supremacists, and the like. Once you have over half of america thinking that everyone else are stupid, deplorable, blah blah blah, and that they are destroying the country, it'll be really easy to get everyone behind the cause.

It's sad, really. In a basic sense, all they are getting people to do is discriminate against themselves. Nobody put them in these groups, social classes, etc, except for them. If you notice, the right calls people snowflakes. That is their "grouping". The left, call people the earlier, above stated names and then some, claiming that this person and that person are racists, when they are the only ones bringing up race and using it as a weapon. I'm not saying that there aren't people that fit the bill, IE Charlottesville, KKK rallies, whatever.... What I am saying, is that almost 90% of it is completely made up and fabricated.

Just like our government in true fashion, they are CREATING an enemy (our own american people) with lies and rhetoric, twisted statements and bold faced 1950's style propaganda..... and then in 4 years, they will create the cure, and have a democratic nominee that will most likely be the most destructive yet - I am counting on laws being passed to ban/limit firearm sales, curtail free speech, set up speech zones, basically every unconstitutional law they can think of.... It will all be under the guise of protecting the poor, disenfranchised minorities, but in reality will be the best civilian regulation ever passed in favor the government as a whole. Limited protest, limited speech, limited protection........ an Orwellian nightmare waiting to happen.

What do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think your post reflects the thoughts of most apolitical people I know. What most partisans don't realize is that they are the minority. Most people in this country are not hard left or hard right, they fall somewhere in the middle and are usually at least somewhat open to opposing views. The way the left is doubling down on "resist" and all these false narratives, falsely labeling people racists and sexists for every stupid thing is pushing many moderates away. And it dishonors victims or real discrimination and makes it harder to win people over to your cause.

Keep it up, is my advice to the left.

edit on 29 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I think your post reflects the thoughts of most apolitical people I know. What most partisans don't realize is that they are the minority. Most people in this country are not hard left or hard right, they fall somewhere in the middle and are usually at least somewhat open to opposing views. The way the left is doubling down on "resist" and all these false narratives, falsely labeling people racists and sexists for every stupid thing is pushing many moderates away. And it dishonors victims or real discrimination and makes it harder to win people over to your cause.

If you weren't a partisan you would want the democrats to improve, you would want all of government and your country to improve.

Fact is, everyone picks sides, it's human nature.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner
Just using the word partisan frames the whole mentality going forward to accept that the Republican and Democratic parties are not only good but should be working together.

They're not good though. It is increasingly apparent that they're out for themselves. Does it really matter if they're working together to further their own agendas instead of those of their constituents? I don't think so.

Abolish at minimum both of those parties or at maximum all parties. There goes the whole concept of partisanship. It's unnecessary.

To be a little more on-topic: It seems like too much of the political spectrum uses social issues to further their agendas, not just liberals. I hope it backfires on everybody doing it though and they end up pushing more people into independent or at least libertarian territory. I know it's stupid to hope but it would be nice to see the next elections being a battle between independents after flushing out the establishment goons.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Who says I wouldn't like them to improve? It would be nice if they'd be reasonable, stop lying, stop accusing everyone of false racism and wanting to kill old people and nonsense like that, analyze why they lost and try to reconnect with the average citizen. I just know that's not in their gameplan. They're never gonna get on board with some of the things I'd like to see done, so they're gonna have to be replaced. The best chance of that happening is if they keep it up with the false narratives.

And for the record I don't have a very high opinion of some Republicans in Congress either. The only reason I'm even registered Republican is you have to be registered to a party in PA to vote in that party's primary. I'm actually more of a Libertarian.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

I have been advocating for getting rid of parties for years. It would force people to get more educated on the issues instead of just voting for whoever has the right letter next to their name. It would also cut down on members of Congress being pressured to vote one way or the other just based on what party they belong to.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Just like our government in true fashion, they are CREATING an enemy (our own american people) with lies and rhetoric, twisted statements and bold faced 1950's style propaganda..... and then in 4 years, they will create the cure, and have a democratic nominee that will most likely be the most destructive yet - I am counting on laws being passed to ban/limit firearm sales, curtail free speech, set up speech zones, basically every unconstitutional law they can think of.... It will all be under the guise of protecting the poor, disenfranchised minorities, but in reality will be the best civilian regulation ever passed in favor the government as a whole. Limited protest, limited speech, limited protection........ an Orwellian nightmare waiting to happen. What do you guys think?

I think you're spot on correct! So many people fail to see that what's essentially going on with the Leftist "Programming" via the MSM is "conditioning" the public to both elect the next Leftist disguised as a Democrat to the White Hut, while at the same time setting up their opposition for being bowled over with draconian measures how somever they can push them through, be it legislation, legislating from the Courts or via Regulation.

If you think things are "hostile" now............just wait for the next Dem president.......it will be orders of magnitude worse, far worse, far "hotter" than anything we're seeing today.

And one of the things that will make things orders of magnitude worse is "timing"; the timing is awful because it will coincide with a stock and bond market crash and the wipe out of Trillions of Dollars of wealth.....the next big reset!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Eh, I heard the same kind of doom and gloom when Obama got elected. Some people were so sure there would be some kind of organized reaction from all those racist militias they thought were hiding everywhere. There were a few lone nuts and even they amounted to virtually nothing.

If it didn't happen when the first black president was elected, and still didn't happen when he was re-elected, I don't think you're gonna see much. The nutcases on both sides are loud, but they are few in number.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

This. I'm on the left, but your point about such behavior pushing away moderates and giving fuel to the other side is spot on. Basically, the current discourse I think is undermining the ostensible goals of social justice, via pushing people away and obscuring real situations of discrimination.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I’m a Texan and voted for Trump because of Russia....

Hillary was/is infallible and only through foreign subterfuge was I so easily conned...

-Chris

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm a feral COMBAT AMERICAN ,I must be MINIMIZED or others may become as men

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

This. I'm on the left, but your point about such behavior pushing away moderates and giving fuel to the other side is spot on. Basically, the current discourse I think is undermining the ostensible goals of social justice, via pushing people away and obscuring real situations of discrimination.

Thank you for being honest about what you see going on. I don't know if some of these folks are just in such solid bubbles they really don't see it or if they're just in denial. I was recently watching a clip of Chris Matthews on election night where he acknowledged the Democrat party has left the middle class behind. Chris Matthews knows this. I would very much like to see them do some soul searching and find a better message, but they don't seem to have any interest in doing so.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Thank you for being honest about what you see going on. I don't know if some of these folks are just in such solid bubbles they really don't see it or if they're just in denial. I was recently watching a clip of Chris Matthews on election night where he acknowledged the Democrat party has left the middle class behind. Chris Matthews knows this. I would very much like to see them do some soul searching and find a better message, but they don't seem to have any interest in doing so.

You're welcome. Thanks to you too.

I think the issues are multifaceted. First, since Bill Clinton the Democratic Party swung RIGHT, not left on policy. On a global level now they are considered a center right or center party at best. The only area for which they are really left or extreme is the identity politics issue. Basically, the Democratic Party after Bill threw away traditional issues of fighting for the working and middle class, anti-war, economic equality, etc, and went full neo-liberal with economics, and have supported all the wars just like the Republicans.

The thing is, neither the Democrat nor Republican establishment policies are helping anybody but the upper class. The Democrats just claim the mantel of still fighting for labor issues. Republican policies are basically just blatant pro-rich policies.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I just want Obamacare gone and pay less in taxes.

So. . . ummm. . . . I don't have a political party.

new topics

join