It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Stand You Kneel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I came across this on my Facebook feed and wanted to share. It's clear that Patriotism and what America means is different for different people. So the question really is why do our different opinions offend each other so deeply?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
lovely sentiment in the poem.

for me, the offense stems from people with opposing opinions assuming that theirs is the only correct, sensible response, and that anyone else hates america, hates the troops, and wants to destroy everything they hold dear. it's hard to have a reasonable discussion with that kind of position, and the presumption that my position is one of malice is offensive to me.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Virtue signalling mumbo jumbo. People bent a knee to spite Donald Trump. Most couldn't tell me what Kaep was on about. I asked. And people stood because they don't want that junk in sports.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I search for any excuse possible to make for your piss poor behavior.
You continue to test my ability to find those excuses.

ETA: This isn't directed at you, Kali. It's directed at the author of the poem you posted.

edit on 29-9-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton

Virtue signalling mumbo jumbo. People bent a knee to spite Donald Trump. Most couldn't tell me what Kaep was on about. I asked. And people stood because they don't want that junk in sports.

you personally asked all the athletes why they were bending the knee? you must have great connections!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The only promise I can think of that the flag represents is that of the union which is still very much unbroken.

Is this purely about projected ideas or is there some promise the flag actually has been designated to represent that I don't know about?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

you personally asked all the athletes why they were bending the knee? you must have great connections!

Nah I asked zero. But I have no reason to think I asked any fewer than Andrew Freeborg asked.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I wore a Marine Corps uniform so these guys could kneel. Frankly I respect the ones that are kneeling, I don't respect the ones that don't come out of the locker room. Kneeling takes some big guts, but it's not disrespectful, at least not to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

People have the freedom to kneel during the Anthem, however, I don't have to reward their negative behavior. I don't see a problem here as everyone is getting their free speech.

Freedom to kneel...freedom to boycott...freedom working as intended.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Whoops.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It's obviously not about the players. Everyone basically agrees on all points by both sides as I think OP is pointing out. It's about the left ruining everything. Media is dead, Hollywood is dead, music is dead, now football.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

If I break the rules my employer sets down for his
workplace and I refuse to follow them?

I'm FIRED! From a job I most likely don't love and may
not provide enough.

Football players playing for the NFL should follow the rules.
edit on Rpm92917v05201700000052 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

It's obviously not about the players. Everyone basically agrees on all points by both sides as I think OP is pointing out. It's about the left ruining everything. Media is dead, Hollywood is dead, music is dead, now football.

They also are forcing their agenda on video games.

The Left likes to ruin everything with politics.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Whoops.

what a dumb argument. she refused to do her actual job. the nfl players are playing the game.

reach further, maybe you'll fall on your face.

edit to add, i am a dumbass and didn't understand what i was reading. whoops indeed.
edit on 29-9-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Nah I asked zero. But I have no reason to think I asked any fewer than Andrew Freeborg asked.

he didn't have to ask, because the players themselves have made multiple statements as to why they're protesting.

just because you can't be bothered to read something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
To me it is much ado about nothing. Just another reason my arms are tired from being up in an uproar.

Where was this uproar just a few years ago? Pffft. I remember being glued to the TV for NFL games (and Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom lol) and not even a whisper.

It really is a data point on how the media, and loud voices within the media can generate outrage.

AFTERTHOUGHT: Sorry... this post is more like a rant. The US has gone mad IMHO.
edit on 29-9-2017 by Terminal1 because: Inserted aftertough

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
To be fired, doesn't the employer have to feel the need to fire the person. If the employer doesn't care, no firing.

I think many CEOs and head of banks should be fired - I doubt it will happen.
edit on 9/29/2017 by roadgravel because: typos

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It's about the left ruining everything. Media is dead, Hollywood is dead, music is dead, now football.

Must be terrible believing that narrative is reality.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Whoops.

reach further, maybe you'll fall on your face.

Keep wishing.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Keep wishing.

more of a prediction than a wish. maybe i should put it in a different forum

edit to add, coffee first, posting spree second. i will try to remember that moving forward >_>
edit on 29-9-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join