It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The science of racism is a scary rabbit hole

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I never really understood racism until I started reading about the works of Jane Elliot.

I like the way the students fight for brown eye people's lives matter but lose in the end. This really dark science. The brown eye kids are crying in several scenes.

Here's another example of racism in this country shown by an experiment:

Science is great! Much more accurate than prejudice, bigotry, and superstition!

edit on 29-9-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That fella in the second video must have balls of steel to be the test subject in that experiment. Wow.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You got that right! I thought the guy was dead the first time I watched it!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
john crawford was carrying a pellet gun in an open carry state, still shot before he could even move... yet white men with guns all over them can argue and get aggressive with cops... but racism's over, okay. sure.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Racism is just a grand form of tribalism. Tribalism is hard wired in all of our DNA. Ignoring this fact, and worse yet attempting to combat it with more tribalism is backwardsness. IE simply being anti-tribalist creates a new tribal identity. Figuring out how to be mere non-tribalist is perhaps our biggest challenge, and I can promise you that obsessing over the things we hate about the tribalism we perceive in others, within the existing constructs of the old pro/against polarized paradigms is the surest way to stay stuck on stupid.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Oh yes..lets do a experiment where the outcome is already determined by influencing the cops actions. HUmans tend to go toward similiar looking things and people its subconscious.

And If we are going by scientific study...Science has also proven"race" does not exist actually its a purely SOCIAL CONSTRUCT. Scientist say the only "race" on earth is the HUman one.

No Op. Thats ETHNICITY people confuse for race.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
john crawford was carrying a pellet gun in an open carry state, still shot before he could even move... yet white men with guns all over them can argue and get aggressive with cops... but racism's over, okay. sure.

His actions beforehand lead to his shooting.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Now put some "corn-rows" on Warren the white guy and tell me the outcome.

You can't compare the two equally without the same look, it is a dishonest video

edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

It may be more of looking at how police are trained.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Racism is just a grand form of tribalism. Tribalism is hard wired in all of our DNA. Ignoring this fact, and worse yet attempting to combat it with more tribalism is backwardsness. IE simply being anti-tribalist creates a new tribal identity. Figuring out how to be mere non-tribalist is perhaps our biggest challenge, and I can promise you that obsessing over the things we hate about the tribalism we perceive in others, within the existing constructs of the old pro/against polarized paradigms is the surest way to stay stuck on stupid.

You have to demonstrate to people that they are going to be better off if they give up racist views. That their neighborhoods and city is going to be safer. That they aren't going to find themselves unable to afford to live anywhere, or worry about being mugged or attacked. Trying to go round mobbing anyone labeled as a "Nazi" is no better than the Brownshirts that roamed Germany and did the very same thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

his actions of walking around wal-mart with a pellet gun in an open carry state? yes, very suspicious.

face it, he didn't do anything abnormal. a paranoid racist called the cops and lied about what was going on, and misled the police into a panicked kneejerk reaction of their own.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

his actions of walking around wal-mart with a pellet gun in an open carry state? yes, very suspicious.

face it, he didn't do anything abnormal. a paranoid racist called the cops and lied about what was going on, and misled the police into a panicked kneejerk reaction of their own.

POinting a gun at people..he got what was coming. Most open carry people have a holster to carry it in. the man obviously made soem gesture or comment and died because of it.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

POinting a gun at people..he got what was coming. Most open carry people have a holster to carry it in. the man obviously made soem gesture or comment and died because of it.

can you back up this assertion, or are you just assuming that cops don't get it wrong?

the 911 caller recanted what he said on his call, by the way.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

a paranoid racist called the cops and lied about what was going on, and misled the police into a panicked kneejerk reaction of their own.

You sound very upset about this.

What ever happened to the paranoid racist?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

a paranoid racist called the cops and lied about what was going on, and misled the police into a panicked kneejerk reaction of their own.

You sound very upset about this.

What ever happened to the paranoid racist?

i don't know, maybe he posted a racist 'joke' on the internet and it got deleted.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
wow, it's actually legal in America to walk around with an AR-15

wtf is wrong with you guys?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: njord

I have yet to be killed by a gun alone. The odds of an opencarrying or CCW person being of criminal intent are near nil.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I have yet to be killed by a gun alone. The odds of an opencarrying or CCW person being of criminal intent are near nil.

True - but it is pretty crazy that people can walk around the street with an AR-15. Firstly it's pretty intimidating for everyone else... secondly, why in Gods name would you want to?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

We like guns and are willing to put up with a few thousand stray deaths each year to keep them. We do the same thing with automobiles. Over 35,000 likely preventable deaths a year but we're willing to pay that toll.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

yeah yeah guns don't kill people, people kill people

I know some places it's perfectly normal, like Svalbard or Alaska, as protection against wild animals. in places like that I don't think anyone would argue that there's an issue with guns.

however, a crowded city is different. I'd be paranoid as hell if I saw a bunch of whackos walking around with assault rifles. for all I know it could be some crack head desperate for his fix.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join