It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U Of Washington Study Links ‘Microaggressions’ To Whites-No Whites included in study

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
PC words and actions are micro aggressions on crack, yet the Left uses them willy nilly without a thought or care of how it offends normal people.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Simply a study designed and targeted to achieve the pre-determined result. Its part and parcel of the "its o.k. to hate on all whites" propaganda regime of the alt-Left.

But I mean, at this point, who really gives a crap? Reminds me of the old song, "Ya, gotta keep 'em separated".

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The new generation dislikes profanity.

So does the old generation.

But the way they go about it is completely different.

There are less outlets to express yourself as before as uniquely as vocabulary.

In the past, it was cool to deny racism with sarcastic racism and mockery.

Now that's viewed as 'tacky' 'been done' 'poor taste'. And dare I even say it, racist. This new generation aren't idiots though that just think all the old bastards are just racist, rather that it's an expanded thought from the first one and it's hard to deal with once looked at more objectively.

Your generation is not my generation, before I was 15 I had friends all over the planet. Never in my entire life was racism sarcastically cool, but I have movies and stuff to help me catch up to the Right's train of logic.
edit on 29-9-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
PC words and actions are micro aggressions on crack, yet the Left uses them willy nilly without a thought or care of how it offends normal people.

I knew a Willy who died fighting the Nilly in the Great Artic War of '07.

Racist.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Racist.

Was that a microaggression against the native Inuit peoples?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Now that's viewed as 'tacky' 'been done' 'poor taste'. And dare I even say it, racist. This new generation aren't idiots though that just think all the old bastards are just racist, rather that it's an expanded thought from the first one and it's hard to deal with once looked at more objectively.

You're generation is not my generation, before I was 15 I had friends all over the planet. Never in my entire life was racism sarcastically cool, but I have movies and stuff to help me catch up to the Right's train of logic.

It doesn't matter and I don't care.

Your right to be offended does not trump my right to free expression.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Racist.

Ooh, a bedroom story where you ended up getting the cold shoulder?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You're generation is not my generation, before I was 15 I had friends all over the planet. Never in my entire life was racism sarcastically cool, but I have movies and stuff to help me catch up to the Right's train of logic.

You used the microagressive word "trump" in your reply. Now bast numbers of puppies and kitties will die because of you. It is a per genocide in the making.

The horror.

link   
it's an area worth studying... even if people are saying offensive things out of non-malicious ignorance, how are they going to realize they're being offensive if people are not comfortable speaking up for themselves?

link   

Racist.

Ooh, a bedroom story where you ended up getting the cold shoulder?

That's called marriage.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Opps, did I say it did?

Empathy is not a forcefully acquired trait. It's a process of understanding.

You're welcome for the free insight over how younger people actually think.

Even though you clearly misunderstood my stance from that response.

I am not offended, I'm explaining to you that with great power comes great responsibility and we're past the phase of 'not being racist by explicitly being racist as jokes'. Maybe not you, but you know, society.

The conservative model is ever closer to satanism. Being a anti-logical role model is becoming their only trick.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
In a country where practically everything can and is called racist by some idiotic asshat or other, who really gives a damn about being called racist anymore? Mission accomplished, racism has been defeated in America... and when I say that, I mean the word, "racism", is laying on the ground bleeding out as we speak. It has no meaning to most white people anymore, where it was an incredibly powerful word just a decade ago. Overuse and outright raping of the word and concept by agenda driven progressive movements has given us a word that frankly carries about as much weight as a cashier asking each customer "how's your day"... it's a throw-away recitation which carries zero impact behind it.

So please, UW... continue to call us racists and talk about micro aggressions all you like, fewer and fewer of us give a rat's ass.

link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

You used the microagressive word "trump" in your reply. Now bast numbers of puppies and kitties will die because of you. It is a per genocide in the making.

The horror.

Sees the word "trump" in a sentence. . . .

link   

Opps, did I say it did?

Empathy is not a forcefully acquired trait. It's a process of understanding.

You're welcome for the free insight over how younger people actually think.

Even though you clearly misunderstood my stance from that response.

I am not offended, I'm explaining to you that with great power comes great responsibility and we're past the phase of 'not being racist by explicitly being racist as jokes'. Maybe not you, but you know, society.

The conservative model is ever closer to satanism. Being a anti-logical role model is becoming their only trick.

Seems to me it is more along the lines of being easily offended and not having the ability to shrug it off as words.

Too bad you were not taught how to do that. It will lead to a sad life always being offended or worrying you are offending someone when you really had no intention to in the first place.

Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Offended by what specifically we were being completely hypothetical about slurs and racism in general in a conversation where both people are white. We couldn't sound any more damned patronizing as it is, and more importantly the conversation was over personal liberty and free speech, not the race bait. Or at least I thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

"Ya, gotta keep 'em separated".
a reply to: TonyS

Exactly, 96% of people want the same thing, and what they (the 96%) want may reduce profits of the corps that own the press and other commercial interests.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh I agree the study or survey is bull#, just not for the same reason as you.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
MIcroaggression is just a way for blacks who have bought into victimization ideology to prove to themselves that the racist boogeyman exists. In other words, in the absence of hard data and facts, you create a purposely ambiguous offense that can not be proven to be racist except that a black person has been offended.

You have to understand that several generations of black folks have grown up with the liberal victimization mindset where they really believe that white people are out to oppress them. As such, the look for any instance that they believe can prove this to be true. There blacks who believe that any failure, hardship, or anything in their lives that is negative is caused by white racism. They will excuse the most savage and irresponsible behavior in a twisted way to prove that racism exists.

The reason it is like this is because if racism didn't exist, then they would have to own up to any personal and community failures.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

And the bigger picture is to keep everyone (diff races) at each others throats. This divide and conquer works every time it's tried.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

We don't agree on much but this we do. CRT is a bunch of horse manure and does absolutely nothing to help foster better racial relations. In fact, I would argue that CRT hurts race relations. If you are white, you are racist. Well that's a great way at working towards solutions. But what do I know, I'm a white male.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join