It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"But you LOOK white!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Considering those 2 same arguments a single platform?

Priceless.

For everything else, there's Mastercard.

The contrast is that kneeling during the anthem is a hate crime, and the MAGA hat is free expression right? The first half of the analogy is so absurd, I had to check to make sure you were contrasting it that poorly, as opposed to not contrasting anything at all and saying random words.

What's sad is you feel the need to express the irony of that situation, while you feel numb to the idea hate symbols can be subtle, and freedom of expression doesn't have to be loud.

In a nutshell, am I supposed to assume you're for free speech or not? Are you trying to say that the symbolism associated with a MAGA hat is less offensive, contrived or not, than kneeling during the anthem? Do you see the salt in your own beef? Or can you not even tell what brown stuff you're eating anymore?

(Rofl the post before mine)
edit on 29-9-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Let's assume she was a man.
I would have put him on his ass and took my hat back.
You want equal rights?

She does look like a man....Why assume anything?
That's theft...Just grab the #ing hat back and if it resists, push it on its ass.
Tired of these retards.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Both are examples of free expression.

It's just interesting how some don't see it that way.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

he should have called the cops on the way to the office with her, assault, stealing, let her have a taste of america. just ordered myself a MAGA hat because of this chick. doubt i will ear it as i think its ugly, but gonna leave it in window of car.
edit on 29-9-2017 by luke1212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism
a reply to: skunkape23

Equal Rights isn't represented by how you personally treat people like crap 'equally', honestly, your move could be considered illegal regardless of however you do it to,

and the whiny boy had the more correct response to wait for authorities than your wanna-be man answer.

Punch first ask questions while punching is how the next generation will be raised, and it's macho ignorance like violence is the solution to blame for that.

I guess you have had many things stolen from your person and didn't do a damn thing about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

No. Kneeling for the anthem is disrespectful, which it is. That's not a crime it's just being a complete prick.

Wearing a hat with a slogan on it can indeed be a form of free expression.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

he should have called the cops on the way to the office with her, assault, stealing, let her have a taste of america.

I would not deal with that person in any way shape or form; I would call the authorities. As far as I know petty thief and assault are still crimes and both were committed. I would allow her to sort that out with the authorities.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Classic examples of the hypocrisy of the far left.

She was the angry one, she was the one who constantly used insults, she said she don't care about laws, and she even threatened him with violence!
Yet she thinks he is the nasty person...

I don't know how he remained so calm to be honest and the fact he never used one insult was extraordinary, maybe if he did she would be triggered even more!

The college staff looked completely out of their depths. It's clear they agreed with the man but couldn't say it in fear of hurting the poor womans feelings.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am a Liberal who supports professional athletes kneeling, against the confederate flag and statues (but if someone wants to hang them, go for it), support a woman's right to choose (but am Pro-life, myself) and most Liberal causes.

With that said, I hate these idiots who need a safe space or who feel offended because someone wore or said something. They live in a country where free speech is allowed for all not just for us, the Liberals. MAGA hat may represent that idiot trump and his constituents but to have this much anger over something so trivial is idiotic, pick and choose your battle.

Fight the bigger battles and get Trump out but stop feeling offended over crap like this.

This story reminds of that other idiot who made a scene about a service dog in a restaurant and then cried racism when confronted about it. As a minority, I find that offensive to use the race card whenever you are caught doing something idiotic.
edit on 29-9-2017 by ShawnTBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

In a nutshell, am I supposed to assume you're for free speech or not?

Lol, you really had that difficult of a time grasping the point of what DB wrote?

Take a knee during the anthem? Free expression. Wear a hat with a MAGA logo? Hate crime. Welcome to America, 2017.
--DBCowboy

edit on 11930America/ChicagoFri, 29 Sep 2017 12:11:19 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShawnTBear
I am a Liberal who supports professional athletes kneeling, against the confederate flag and statues (but if someone wants to hang them, go for it), support a woman's right to choose (but am Pro-life, myself) and most Liberal causes.

With that said, I hate these idiots who need a safe space or who feel offended because someone wore or said something. They live in a country where free speech is allowed for all not just for us, the Liberals. MAGA hat may represent that idiot trump and his constituents but to have this much anger over something so trivial is idiotic, pick and choose your battle.

Fight the bigger battles and get Trump out but stop feeling offended over crap like this.

This story reminds of that other idiot who made a scene about a service dog in a restaurant and then cried racism when confronted about it. As a minority, I find that offensive to use the race card whenever you are caught doing something idiotic.

That sounds pretty reasonable but you do know that you are in the very small minority of Liberals that think like that right?
Most of them would rather pull sh!t like the deranged idiot in the video without thinking, and scream RACIST!!...NAZI!!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

So he's for hate crimes?

Or he doesn't see the irony that both are free speech in his comparison?

Sorry what was it again?

Him being funny? With partisanship? That one?

I'm going to pasta my opinion from the other thread:

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism
Respect is earned. You want to know the fastest way to make the gesture during the Anthem worthless?

Enforce it's 'honor' and make it required to salute.

Then it's guarantied to mean nothing, and will be pointless all together for sure.

This should also be obvious, it's a shame that anyone even disagrees.

edit on 29-9-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Or he doesn't see the irony that both are free speech in his comparison?

No , The irony is you not seeing that was the point of his comment. The difference being is when the right practices free speech the left goes full retard such as the lady in the video .

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You're weird.

But I'll simplify it.

Taking the knee is free expression. It doesn't matter if I or anyone else finds it offensive.

Wearing a MAGA hat is free expression. It doesn't matter if you or anyone else finds it offensive.

But people are not consistent with their interpretation of free speech.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
but white supremacy is the problem in the US LOL

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

If she seriously wants to see who does more damages to minorities, here's the culprit:

Trump? Jeff Sessions? No! Clinton. It was Bill Clinton, after all, that put in place Operation Gatekeeper responsible for causing the horrifying deaths of thousands of human beings crossing the southern border. It was under Bill and Hillary Clinton’s watch that we saw the massive investment and growth of the Prison Industrial Complex to “deal” with “super predators” (primarily black and brown) in a shifting global economic and political landscape. Yes it is Trump, but before we were horrified, some of us were accomplices. Barak Obama, dubbed “Deporter in Chief,” moved millions of human beings out of the country and as entire families, toddlers, were locked up in “immigration detention centers,” most of America didn’t even bat an eye.

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

There's an ever so slight difference between the two... Though not the one you're referencing.

Taking a knee harms none. Taking someones personal belongings, particularly when that someone is wearing it, could very well lead to harm. I suppose it could be construed, by some, as a form of assault. Certainly malicious--and some folks react badly to malicious acts perpetrated upon them. I certainly do.

Taking a hat isn't free expression, it's theft. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

There's an ever so slight difference between the two... Though not the one you're referencing.

Taking a knee harms none. Taking someones personal belongings, particularly when that someone is wearing it, could very well lead to harm. I suppose it could be construed, by some, as a form of assault. Certainly malicious--and some folks react badly to malicious acts perpetrated upon them. I certainly do.

Taking a knee is akin to WEARING the hat.

Both are clear examples of free expression.

The dichotomy stems from those who promote one form and not another.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

However, I think you'll agree that wearing the hat is free expression.

It is not free expression to take that hat physically from its rightful owner without permission. That is petty theft at the least. And it is still against the law.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Taking the hat is censorship.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join