It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Troll Defense League

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sigrun

The reasons are obvious,

victim status is manufactured

with victimhood forming the entire basis of Liberal/Leftist reactionary posturing,

I'm going to keep my comments to the above quote from the OP in deference to your newness.

And I'm going to steal directly from a book that I recommend to all my clients & friends - business and otherwise.

You are suffering from the delusion that 'what appears OBVIOUS to you' is actual fact and SHOULD appear OBVIOUS to others. This is not the actual case.

The following shows the method/steps/process by which we manufacture our own "OBVIOUS'.

(Since you are talking about 'manufactured victimhood' - I though it appropriate).

From “Liminal Thinking: Create the Change You Want by Changing the Way You Think” by Dave Gray.

There is nothing truly new or original about the material Mr. Gray presents but his presentation of the subject is concise as well as precise and useable by anyone.

His basic premise is “We construct beliefs slowly, layer by layer, over time, using something I call the Pyramid of Belief”. Shown above. Pg. 13

The substrate of this pyramid is the totality of reality which is unknowable in it’s totality by any one of us.

The foundation of our ‘OBVIOUS’ is our personal experience of this reality. This foundation is very restricted by the focus of your attention at the time. Anything that you are not paying attention to drops completely away.

“Think of your attention as a very thin sliver of your overall experience, like a needle on a record player. It’s only able to take in a tiny fraction of what you are experiencing in any given moment.” Page 15
What you pay attention to becomes the basis of your ‘reality’ and are the basis by which you develop theories. Over time you review your continuing experience in light of your theories and form judgements (this is where confirmation bias plays a large, unconscious part – as we pay attention to those things which confirm our theories about LIFE rather then those that don’t as long as we remain unconscious about this process).

“You will only make theories and judgements about things that you have paid attention to or that you have noticed”. Page 16.

When outside sources including media and other authorities add to your store of experience, over time these theories and judgements become beliefs.

Next comes the OBVIOUS – note the dotted line. Everything below the dotted line is largely unconscious. And until one becomes aware of the unconscious process by which we build our OBVIOUS – we cannot see reality in any other way and are stuck in a belief bubble. We are often joined by others in a collective belief bubble and reinforce each other’s OBVIOUS.

“Collectively, we create a kind of bubble of belief that reinforces and protects our existing beliefs by denying that alternative beliefs are within the realm of possibility.” Page 43

“New information from outside the bubble of belief is discounted, or distorted, because it conflicts with the version of reality that exists inside the bubble.” Pg 45

Just something to think about.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

It's obvious to plenty of others that division is caused by one side claiming victim status and the other being cast as perpetrators, there are entire industries based upon exploiting this, and given that science is based upon predictability of outcome everytime seems pretty conclusive.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Absolute bull.

I am sick to the back teeth of this apologism. If ones beliefs include a desire for the deportation or death of Jews, Muslims, people of colour, or are based on irrational hatred of people based on arbitrary metrics having nothing to do with the quality of their character, then one is a Nazi, regardless of nationality, place or time of birth, membership of a geographically limited party or any other such thing.

And while we are about it, JAY1980, some of the groups I mentioned in the post to which you are responding, literally name THEMSELVES Nazis, so your argument is utterly invalid, I am afraid.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sigrun
a reply to: FyreByrd

It's obvious to plenty of others that division is caused by one side claiming victim status and the other being cast as perpetrators, there are entire industries based upon exploiting this, and given that science is based upon predictability of outcome everytime seems pretty conclusive.

Keep telling yourself that ...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sigrun

White nationalist, white supremacist, and self confessed Nazis actually kill people. They are not a zero threat, and they have been an emergent threat in the United States, for longer than any of the other terroristic threats that people currently associate with the idea of terrorism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join