It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick DeVos tapped for FAA's top board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Source

WASHINGTON, DC - Dick DeVos now has another reason to fly to Washington D.C. besides visiting his wife, Betsy DeVos, the U.S. Education Secretary. The Amway scion and longtime pilot has been appointed to the top civilian panel overseeing the Federal Aviation Administration.

Can't say I'm too pleased furthering the DeVos family in politics and top government jobs. However, they do serve in a volunteer capacity.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Trump's last stop 2016 campaign was to the DeVos center Grand Rapids Michigan.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I know.

Still the coincidence is noted.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
money can buy you any possible position in the US government. and the populace loves it.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I wonder if he'll last as long as Price.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I wonder if he'll last as long as Price.

Agreeing with you on the state of the FAA, I wonder as well.
It would take some serious management to straighten out the fiasco's going on there.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Source

WASHINGTON, DC - Dick DeVos now has another reason to fly to Washington D.C. besides visiting his wife, Betsy DeVos, the U.S. Education Secretary. The Amway scion and longtime pilot has been appointed to the top civilian panel overseeing the Federal Aviation Administration.

Can't say I'm too pleased furthering the DeVos family in politics and top government jobs. However, they do serve in a volunteer capacity.

If I was starting a business or some circumstance of requiring help from others, who do I have to turn to? Those I know, either directly or by reputation. Knowing Trump attempts to direct the ship as he campaigned, his available talent pool excludes those that are part of the 'machine' that have contributed to the mess in the first place.

Zaphod has an interesting thread a couple of days back on how messed up the FAA actually is.

This a good chance that some positive will come out of this appointment.
edit on 29-9-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's the Blackwater brother I'm most concerned about.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Drain the swamp, drain the swamp, drain the swamp...

New Boss, same as the old Boss.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Honest question; has there ever been so many cabinet and high level positions filled by family members other than the JFK administration?

I know Dick DeVos isn't related to Trump but his Education Secretary is the mans wife. Are there no laws against nepotism?

new topics

top topics

join