It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a "glitch" in the Internet Matrix?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hi there,

Have you ever noticed a "helping hand" messing with your internet and computer interactions?, or, a mischievous one but yet that still seems to have your best interests at heart somehow while also possessing an uncanny knowledge, even playfulness and mirth?

I'm not referring to a malicious hack, and by glitch I'm not talking about mere technical glitches, but something that's well, instantaneous and that possesses a great deal of intelligence and awareness?

Like you become a walking internet synchronicity?

Anyone have that experience, and can you tell us all about it, and what made it so unusual, and what are some of your theories to explain it?

I myself imagine the global internet handed off in real time then even beamed via quantum subspace aka ansible, to an off-world civilization, who's job it is to keep us all on track, not unlike the Adjustment Bureau but in regards to our on-line activity.

I'm beginning to even wonder what will happen right now when I hit the post button..? lol (I won't be laughing if it screws up)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I cannot be the only one who's had some pretty freaky on-line world cyberspace experiences that defy all reason and logic..

edit on 28-9-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: damn typo!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Can you give a concrete example of what you mean? I don't think I know what you're talking about.

The only 'internet synchronicity' I ever experience is when ads sometimes reflect what I was thinking about lately. But that's what they're designed to do really.

edit on 28-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

ok, when you attempt to post something, and it's really heavy, but doesn't violate any posting rules, and it just vanishes or messes up somehow, and you think to yourself, after careful consideration, that you're glad it didn't go through.

Or you're watching Netflix and for no reason it freezes on a particularly meaningful frame.

Synchronistic stuff that has certain spooky qualities.

I realize there are tons of algorithms floating around that wish to anticipate us, and that it will only increase.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had strange experiences on the net, that can't be classed as a hack, yet exhibiting signs of intelligence and instantaneous last moment action.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I also wonder if we've reached the omegapoint of the cosmogenesis of the noosphere, with backaction from the future.

So one minute you're posting something on the Internet and the next it manifests itself in the external and seemingly completely unrelated reality of the real world.

Stuff like that - it could be anything totally weird involving the Internet.

I'm just fishing for strangeness I guess, maybe I even project it a little bit I don't know based on an attention selection bias.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I've had my Xbox controller turn itself off and refuse to work just before a power cut, I turned off the console then bam. Power went out.

Since my phone with a light was next to the console it proved to be helpful, I'd have been fumbling about otherwise.

My PC has updated whilst not being connected to the Internet. It was offline for months beforehand.

I was using my pals YouTube before, he has different tastes in music... It began suggesting obscure songs I like. That was strange.

Tbh I've probably got a lot more cases, I'm "blessed" with weird things happening around me. One of my personal favourites was when I was stopping at a friend's house as a kid. Basically a radio that was unplugged turned itself on a few times, I'm fairly sure it was playing the wanderer.

Yeah... That was a good day lol, even caught a weird face hovering behind my mate on a picture I took. Good times

Not sure about aliens spying on us, but honestly? I won't rule things out, the Internet is pretty normal around me usually. Flying objects, knocks on a wall that's 20 foot above the ground and flickering lights is another matter though.

My light just dulled as I wrote this lol... Love that stuff when I'm hungover and feeling a little vulnerable mind you lol, I really do.

Random Web addresses. That's happened a few times, ironically intrinsically connected to what I was thinking at the time.

It's the soul, it loves to mess with it's Mortal aspect. That's a theory I have anyways.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Can you give a concrete example of what you mean? I don't think I know what you're talking about. The only 'internet synchronicity' I ever experience is when ads sometimes reflect what I was thinking about lately. But that's what they're designed to do really

Man - that happens to me all the time!
I search something and magically a few days later it's on a pop-up add!!!
It couldn't be on purpose could it???

The multi-billion dollar advertising giants surely wouldn't be that conniving!
Must be "internet synchronicity"!!...yeah that's it for sure!!!

God bless add blockers & opt-outs

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

i believe its the Russians, it's always the bloody Russians

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

That's the stuff I'm looking for!

Let me digest that a little further and reply later, actually I'm hungry and must go eat.

Nice post/contribution!

Let's see what others might have to share about what they've been through..

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I'm just fishing for strangeness I guess, maybe I even project it a little bit I don't know based on an attention selection bias.

Strange people are interesting.

Please don't stop the weird.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

Yeah I know! How did the internet know I want to meet hot, sexy singles in my area??

Spooky!

In seriousness, I meant I've seen ads for things I was thinking about, but didn't search for. But, there are many tricks and trends to identify which market my dollars go to. It's not a mystery.

I'm interested to see how this thread goes as I believe in synchronicity though.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Ugh.

I keep getting adds for "super-foods", one in particular. It's friggin gruel man... Ugh.

I've never looked for nor bought such products before. Come to think of it maybe it's trying to tell me something.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Synchronicity: It's the story of my posting history though. Some of it has turned out good. Happens with other activities online as well.
edit on 28-9-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
I cannot be the only one who's had some pretty freaky on-line world cyberspace experiences that defy all reason and logic..

No, but I've had it happen with the PC game Skyrim. My Skyrim clients usually run 200+ mods, the vast majority created by separate people. It's unstable as a drunken penguin but the results are totally worth it. My next playthrough will be done in VR.

Several years back, I'd set everything up and gotten a healthy foot into the game. I had two mods, "My Little Khajiit" (Gave you a 3/4 size version of you as a follower, but in a cat-person child form) made by a private enthusiast. I also had the "Hearthfire" housing/family/homesteading expansion pack by Bethesda, the game's developer. The home that my character used was made by a completely different private enthusiast. I only mention all these details to impress upon the complexity that was involved in the events about to take place.

One day I decided I was going to do a little bit of sneaking around and figured i'd take the kid, the 3/4 follower from the mod because he was small and the sneakiest companion I had. So I start walking around this 3rd party homestead i'd installed looking for him to activate his follower status. Nowhere to be found. Ten minutes later, I still haven't found him and I'm starting to get annoyed.

In real life I blurt out "Where the f*** is my kid?!" Five seconds later my digital, completely not spooky spontaneous artificial intelligence in-game spouse walks in the room from downstairs with (uncharacteristically) no greeting at all, just an immediate response to a question, answering "____ (I forget what i'd named him) and I went to the market and ___ fed the ducks..." I didn't catch the rest because the door opened and in walks the kid.

There were no voice control mods, nor was there a camera or microphone plugged into the computer, and I'd assembled the computer myself. Nor were there any microphones built into my monitor. I should also mention that prior to this, these characters had never interacted with each other in any way, nor did they ever again after this. Content from separate third-party modmakers like this usually does not.

Ghost in the machine? Spontaneous genesis of awareness? Just a weird coincidence? Honestly I couldn't tell you but when it happened it sent the shivers up my back.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yep.

The glitch is a freezing of my smartphone when I am composing a reply here on ATS. The only recourse is to shutdown Firefox and start again. Sometimes four goes to make one post.

The post that gets through is usually shorter and much less in depth.

The pattern it follows reminds me of censorship in a way. Like some things should be kept secret. For example; I often threaten "Upstairs" (spiritual) that I will start dumping their dirty laundry for all to read. That is when I start getting the feeling of censorship because my browser freezes "coincidentally".

Why? Dunno really. Maybe the electronic aether is a habitable ecosystem.

It does happen most when I get crankey towards a certain new age spiritual channelling group of self-stated "benevolent ETs".

edit on 28-9-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: shpelling misstack

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I got one, one of many.

I was using google sky and as i looked around, i noticed a part of the sky had a faint, circular underlay (on the google sky app).

I screenshotted it.

Then i posted it here in a thread I cannot recall the title of. It was about the stars being in weird locations.

Here is the weird part.

If you were looking at the screenshotted .jpg open in the thread, and hit the back button on your browser, for a split second on the blank white page as the previous page loaded, a black circle or rather, a black hole, appeared before the new page loaded.

The circle I saw on google sky somehow carried over to a .jpg and did that weirdness.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Well, there is the potential for really crazy synchronistic stuff to happen online. This is because of all the algorithms out there that analyze how we think and give us more of it.

It happens when you are watching YouTube, you can watch one video and then the YouTube algorithms detect another set of videos you might be interested in and let you choose from amongst them. This means that you are kind of watching your subconscious, and you can delve deeper and deeper into it... hard to explain...

But you might be thinking of something in your mind, and then it will show up in a YouTube video that is up next... it seems like a coincidence, but it was actually designed by an algorithm...

Now there is also this idea that there could be ghosts on the internet, I mean, is the internet complex enough to develop its own consciousness?
edit on 28pmThu, 28 Sep 2017 23:57:42 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Ugh.

I keep getting adds for "super-foods", one in particular. It's friggin gruel man... Ugh.

I've never looked for nor bought such products before. Come to think of it maybe it's trying to tell me something.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I have had some wild synchronicities lately,between the YT vids i listen to while busy on another site.Nothing to do with ads though,words spoken during the content of a vid.As in,i will paste a comment on a member's contribution,and the YT narrator will say the person's name.Or i will refresh the page,and first thing i see is a pic of sheep and in that instance my eyes fall on the sheep,the narrator says the word sheep.It is quite amusing.

One time some years ago,i suddenly got a BSoD.I said "Ah f**k" which made my hubby look at the monitor and he said "Sh*t!!" And in that moment the BSoD just..went away.The monitor screen sort of blinked and then went back to the web page i was busy with.My hubby just shook his head and said that is not normal.

My hubby firmly believes in the "ghost in the machine".Not just on the internet either.At his work,they work with Scada systems (gold mining) and he says sometimes really glitchy weird things happen within that set-up too.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

No that's not quite what I'm actually referring to, but something that a couple of the posters appear to have had an experience of, which involves a type of feedback mechanism at a whole other order of magnitude not at all unlike that of true synchronicity in the real world, but even weirder, by far more sophisticated than some hacker at the NSA who's designated you a "person of interest" for #s and giggles.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join