It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi mutters ‘oh God’ during question, suffers brain freeze, stares at reporters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: njord

Once upon a time, age denoted wisdom.

respect for the elderly is one thing

doesn't mean you should put a bunch of senile people into office

I concur 100%.

Used to be someone old was in their 50s life expectancy has increased so mucheck that 70s and 80s are likely. Problem is by that point the brain starts to deteriorate and we pit them in charge. Look at the most hated politicians right and left and they tend to be 70 or better.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I concur 100%.

Used to be someone old was in their 50s life expectancy has increased so mucheck that 70s and 80s are likely. Problem is by that point the brain starts to deteriorate and we pit them in charge. Look at the most hated politicians right and left and they tend to be 70 or better.

Indeed, not to mention that age doesn't automatically bestow wisdom, good judgement, understanding or judiciousness.

Prior to the General Election, every candidate should undergo a physical and mental evaluation, and the results should be made public. No exceptions.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Oh come on, this is Nancy we're talking about.

Muttering "oh God" and avoiding the question was probably a million times better than her coming right out and saying:

"Well, I try and support every unconstitutional law that gets introduced, especially in consideration of guns, because I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't even know what's in the bills, because you have to pass them before you can read them..."

.......... If you can't tell, I really don't like this woman. I don't like any politicians from California, for that matter.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Are you a resident of California?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Nah. Pelosi's information download button got stuck rendering her micro stationary motor trajectory unit, speechless.
edit on 29-9-2017 by ADSE255 because:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I concur 100%.

Indeed, not to mention that age doesn't automatically bestow wisdom, good judgement, understanding or judiciousness.

Prior to the General Election, every candidate should undergo a physical and mental evaluation, and the results should be made public. No exceptions.

Great idea!

Yale’s Dr. Bandy Lee told STAT that over the last few weeks members of Congress or their staff have asked her to discuss how members might convene psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals “to review the president’s mental health, and review it on a periodic basis.” The closed meeting is expected to take place in September, she said. The request came from three current congressmen and one former member, she said. She declined to name them, saying they told her they did not wish to be publicly identified yet.

www.statnews.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I'm been thinking for a while now that Amendment XXV is going to come into play.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: xuenchen
That seemed to freeze her and she noticeably annoyed and spangled.

She whispered arrogantly under the mic and her answer was a little confusing.

She's lost her mind. So sad.

I wonder if Chuck Schumer is as bad? If so, I'd like "negotiating" deals with those two too! After 20 minutes, they just stare at you and nod yes..yes...yes..

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I guess its kinda funneh.

I mean ppl picking and choosing which politician they will defend or bag on.

# THEM ALL.

These ppl don't give a # about you.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I'm been thinking for a while now that Amendment XXV is going to come into play.

If you read it, it is vague and leaves wide gaps for various interpretation.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Fortunately no. I have friends that currently live there, family that grew up there.

on top of it all, due to my job, I get to hear about every ass-backwards decision that comes out of their U.S. Appellate court (9th US circuit court of appeals)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Separation of church and state Nancy you Christian bigot!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I am almost starting to feel sorry for the poor Leftists.
She is best they have along with Waters, Green, Schumer and Warren?
The so called leaders of the Democratic Party?
They belong in a glass case with an inscription that reads "Break glass only in the event when you need to be more confused"

Another comedian...I'm feeling sorry for the OP...dammit no I'm not, this is rubbish about nothing...at least secure team try to make their faky news bits slightly plausible...and you are worried about lefties...whoever they are!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
A: Are you trying to sound like Trump with the "so sad" part at the end?

Nothin's gettin' by you, is it?

And B: Guns are second to saving and helping human life so I can understand her being annoyed by this when the focus is on help those in need then a reporter take the focus off the subject at hand. There is always a time and place for that.

The reporter thought the time was right then. That's quite probably because the Senator can't _make_ time for a conference on 'difficult questions'.

One Hundred Eighty Million Dollars in taxes collected on silencers ... that's why

edit on 2992017 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
a reply to: Gryphon66

Fortunately no. I have friends that currently live there, family that grew up there.

on top of it all, due to my job, I get to hear about every ass-backwards decision that comes out of their U.S. Appellate court (9th US circuit court of appeals)

Sounds like you need to avoid news about CA then.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

If you read it, it is vague and leaves wide gaps for various interpretation.

Indeed. The solution also has never been used. Yet, we elected a mentally ill and incompetent man to the Office of the Presidency, and that's exactly what XXV was intended to address, by Congress if not the Cabinet.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl The reporter may have thought the time was right. And he has every right to ask whatever he feels at that time. But taking the focus off the matter at hand imo is wrong. She may be old but let her do the right thing at that moment. And no, nothing gets by me lol. My mind is sharp on monday through friday....

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Why do we keep putting people in office older then dirt?? Trump is another good example we allow geriatric patients to take office and wonder why they can't get anything done.

That only applies if you have had a HARD, long life.
A life of easy times and luxury brings no wisdom no mater how old you are.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: xuenchen

Or maybe since she's trying to figure out what to do about 3.5 million Americans living on a island smashed by a hurricane without almost any resources and she's being asked questions about further weaponizing people here at home who seem more interested in having the latest accessory for their gun than 3 million Americans.

"weaponizing people"... what??? How do you get that from the exchange? Blame the idiot reporter but don't drag your opinion of gun ownership into this.

As in:

"Oh my f*cking God, where are your priorities you selfish pr*cks."

It's not even the topic of what she was there speaking about. But who cares about that right??? I mean what's more important, 3 million peoples lives crushed and needing help, or a new suppressor for yourself???

Again, where you going with this? A "new suppressor"... okay! how does that even relate to the topic?

The saddest part is you actually probably never thought of that. You should be asking yourself why you don't seem to care about some things and choose others as your priority of importance.

What I thought of when I read the OP is that Miss Lube Rack skipped a beat and that some dumb$$s reporter asked a question having nothing to do with the reason Nancy was there.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I am blaming the reporter.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Miss Lube Rack skipped a beat" but certainly the reporter is a dumb journalist. If I just gave a speech about something important dealing with peoples lives in danger and the first question anyone asks when I'm done speaking is something completely unrelated I'd be pretty pissed as well.

What I don't get is why when people watch this video they want to blame Pelosi for doing something wrong here. Her reaction seemed perfectly normal for the situation.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join