It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Light Drizzle of Fish in Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
According to the Tamaulipas Civil Protection director, Pedro Granados, who can be seen in an interview on the office's Facebook page, witnesses observed a number of small fish falling from the sky during a rain shower.

Pictures from another of the office's FB posts show one of the formerly flying fish, found where it fell, and few of its fellows that had been collected.

The curious event reportedly took place in the small coastal town of Tampico on Tuesday. Not a lot more in the way of details. It seems that it was only a very small number of very small fish. An NPR story about the event provides the following quote from Mr. Granados:

For Granados, though, the reason for what happened Tuesday in Tampico is far less clear.

"I don't know if it's climate change," he said, "but we've had tornadoes, storms, rains, floods, raining fish, eclipses, earthquakes, all kinds of natural phenomena that we aren't used to, but that we are experiencing these days."

Personally, if I were a citizen of the state of Tamaulipas, those words wouldn't inspire a lot of confidence in me for that guy. The NPR story also mentions an interesting and apparently annual phenomenon that takes place in Honduras. I have to admit, I was completely unfamiliar with this particular periodic piscatorial precipitation until reading about it this very evening.

In a small Honduran farming town, residents told The New York Times that powerful rainstorms bring fish with such regularity, they've marked them with an annual festival they have celebrated for decades. Many people in the inland town said it's their one chance to eat seafood. Their explanation for the phenomenon:

"It's a miracle," one farmer told the Times. "We see it as a blessing from God."

(FYI: the linked NYT article is from June of this year.)

I'd rather receive a blessing of shrimp and crab but hey, to each his own.
edit on 2017-9-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
That sort of thing has been recorded at least since Charles Fort took notice. He noted that, contrary to what might be expected by random pick up of fish by a waterspout, that rains of fish or frogs were usually a single species...

I like your alliteration lots.
edit on 28-9-2017 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Happy kitty cats in that town.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
that just sounds so gross..-
"a light drizzle of fish" haha!!-..
edit on 28-9-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I've been fascinated by this phenomena since watching an episode of Arthur C Clarke's mysterious world series.

Sometimes literally 100's of tonnes of fish fall, as mentioned sometimes it's select species. Perplexing to say the least.

Imagine the smell after a few days...

As a phenomenon it's definitely up there with the best. Another fascinating one is giant blocks of ice that randomly fall, sometimes on days where their is clear skies.

Evidence suggests that such ice is flash-freezed, with all the liquid solidifying around the same time unlike hailstones that tend to be "layered".

I remember reading about a huge block landing in Scotland during WWI or 2. dawned if I can find anything on it though

Anyways, nice thread

edit on 28-9-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2017 by RAY1990 because: Correction

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Sometimes literally 1000's of tonnes of fish fall
Millions of pounds? I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I gave him an extra star just to spite you.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Sometimes literally 1000's of tonnes of fish fall

I corrected it.

Usually it's small numbers. But I've read a few cases where frogs or fish scattered the land as far as the eye can see.

Water spouts doesn't cover it imho. Sometimes cases have been very localised. As in raining over only a couple of houses in a street.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The hard rain drops hit the frog eggs and cause them to hatch. I've seen it several times. It's adorable. Tiny little pre-mature frogs. I wonder if it was the same thing with these fishies.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

People said they fell from the sky though and the fish on the plastic bag are fairly big too compared to the one on the ground.

It wouldn't explain frogs falling from the sky, cases of other animals falling exist too, things like snakes.

Sometimes what falls is frozen too, sounds convenient to me haha.

Weirdly enough meat has been reported to fall before. The Kentucky meat shower was a case where meat fell from the sky.

I'd love to see it happen.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Manna from Heaven. How cool. I wish a bunch of whitefish would drop into my yard tomorrow morning.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I hear they're pretty good with panko & lightly fried

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You are not paying attention.

Mexico is clearly in the initial stages of operation 1 . The purpose of Operation 1 is to find and test measures to circumvent the wall. We must take this seriously and forget the wall , we need a dome.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

People said they fell from the sky though and the fish on the plastic bag are fairly big too compared to the one on the ground.

It wouldn't explain frogs falling from the sky, cases of other animals falling exist too, things like snakes.

Sometimes what falls is frozen too, sounds convenient to me haha.

There is nothing convenient about this. THis is clearly the works of Aliens restocking our supplies.

Weirdly enough meat has been reported to fall before. The Kentucky meat shower was a case where meat fell from the sky.

Ah yeah duh, What do you think those aliens do with the mutilated cows?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
I hear they're pretty good with panko & lightly fried

They look like the fresh water Blue Gill we used get at Clear Lake. We pan fried them with corn meal.

edit on 29-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Fresh water fish for sure.

Are you sure they aren't crappies? I don't know what crappies look like but it's a funny name for a fish.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Happy kitty cats in that town.

Meanwhile these cats have been waiting for a miracle:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Sashimi for you!
Sashimi for you!
Sashimi for you!

Sashimi for everyone!
edit on 9/29/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

Sashimi for you!
Sashimi for you!
Sashimi for you!

Sashimi for everyone!

乾杯!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

There was an ice fall very recently. Some of the ATS explanations for it seem a bit fishy.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join