It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packers, Bears players lock arms during national anthem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: xuenchen

I have no issues with locking arms. In fact, I think it is a great display of team unity.

Maybe we have found a good compromise?
if you can't compromise you aren't trying. I don't expect the Left to compromise.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Grambler
Did anyone from these teams kneel in the past?

No. They love America.

Here is why I ask.

If players kneeled before to protest but after the negative reaction from fans have elected not to, are they saying they value personal popularity over the plight of black people being targeted by racist police?

nope, but that's what goes on in your head though.. just so you can 'illustrate a point online'

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

They would lock arms in the showers if they had to that is how strong their culture is! Good on them!

they would do more than that in the showers if the NFL told them to. without their NFL contracts most of these fools would be unemployed, uneducated bums, and they know it,they do what their master tells them to, they are slaves under multi million dollar a year contracts.

if all professional sports disappeared from the earth right now, it wouldn`t effect my life one bit, so I don`t pay any attention to these professional sports fools.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If you think the people who have taken a knee in protest do not love America, then you are not only mistaken, but insulting a huge group of people, including a 91 year old WW2 veteran, who spent twenty one years of his life loving his country enough to risk his life for it, as well as many other veterans, and patriots of all stripes, who have, BECAUSE they love their country, expressed solidarity with protesting NFL players.

Now, you can keep lying your head off about what these protests do, and do not mean, and I cannot stop you. But you cannot change their meaning just by lying about them often enough. That crap worked on the ill educated masses some decades back, but we are, thankfully, in a slightly more sophisticated age. So go ahead, lie all you like. You are only wasting your own time.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The crowd did not like it.... They chanted USA USA USA.

many complaints from GB fans.

OP you are a idiot pushing some false reporting....

Real Americans wont be ok with the NFL teams until they all stand with their hands over their hearts and pay respect to the flag.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Godstuff

real Americans work their ass off so you have the right to burn it, and cover your lips with American Flag paper napkins as you gas up Doritos and Coke.

This issue was solved long ago as 'flag burning' and is just being resourced as a different type of 'burn'.

If you want an American Flag safety blanket to remind you, by all means.

Enforcing patriotism isn't freedom, kapeesh?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Thats not true... you are a idiot if you think that is true. If it was true and you were a true american you should have been protesting the Obama adminstration or the Clintons etc etc etc.

You did not.

This kids making millions are going on public tv and disrespecting the flag because they have been brainwashed into thinking the Police are racist... WRONG. BLM is racist and we need to respect the flag and support or police and service men and women who protect us.

People like you are so wrong and so lost you think everything is about opinion that you dont know when you are up aginst fact. You and people like you have become a problem and a danger to the rest of America. The backlash you are witnessing over these anti american racists disrespecting the flag is a TINY TINY little portion of what will happen if you dont start wising up.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Excuse me, but it seems rather outlandish of you to dictate what true American means, when you do not support freedom of speech, and when you bad mouth American veterans of countless conflicts who have expressed solidarity with the protests as made already, by taking a knee themselves.

Furthermore, you have no idea what DisinfoEqualsTerrorism was doing during the Obama, Bush, or Clinton administrations, so how do you see fit to comment on that, exactly?

Also, your insistence on calling legitimate, constitutionally protected protest "disrespect for the flag" is tiresome and inaccurate. Not only do the protests as made, not disrespect the flag, they also fail entirely to violate any of the points made in the United States Flag Code. It is precisely because the individuals who are protesting love their nation, that they deem it necessary to protest at all. Think about it. If they cared not for their country, they would not be moved to protest to improve matters within its borders.

Anti-American? This argument is false, no matter which side of the pond one happens to be on. I do not respect my government, or the authorities, therefore I disrespect my country... its false, flawed, vacuous and factually incorrect, to suggest that someone who protests a given subject, is automatically expressing an anti-national view point. In this specific instance, the individuals protesting, are protesting because the constitution is being violated by the unbalanced treatment of their fellows, at the hands of a government agency and other authorities. Again, if they cared not for their country, they would take their money and go away from it, taking their money and their families and friends with them. But they do love their country, and so they are prepared to put themselves to inconvenience to improve it.

Here is a fact, since you love them so much:

The country you are in was founded in protest.

Supposition:

It is unlikely that an act of protest which seeks proper and constitutionally valid (that is equal) treatment of all people, under the law (and by extension, by law enforcement agencies), is capable of being an offense to the flag, or the nation it represents, given that it is the spirit of protest which birthed the nation.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

"excuse me" wtf you sound retarded. You are lost in your own bull# brainwashed and worthless. You think your opinion matters. Im sorry no your opinion does not. You need to learn what a fact is and start attempting to live in reality you sad sad child.

What i see from the weak and lost like you so often is that you think every conversation or topic you jump into is simply your opinion vs others opinion. Wrong just like now when you think this topic has ANYthing to do with free speech and whether or not you feel its right or wrong... its not. The facts are these people have been brainwashed into thinking the police are evil and racist... fact is they are not. But they dont care about facts because they have been sold that it is true.

You and people as broken as you are the problem today... we are dealing with it and what you are witnessing with the NFL is a tiny tiny reaction from the Adults of the USA. grow the # up

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Are you calling your fellow Americans, and more importantly, many veterans from WW2 onwards, weak and lost?

Because many of them support these protests, precisely for the reasons I outlined.

And as for me sounding "retarded", not only is that comment well outside the bounds of the terms and conditions of the site, but its rather hypocritical, coming from you. Unlike you, I am using the correct grammar, punctuation, and know where the capital letters in a sentence belong, so of the pair of us, it is you whose commentary most resembles that which would be made by a mental incompetent.

Again, if you like facts, then how about the fact that many veterans, not weak or lost persons, but heroes of your nation, have come out in support of these protests. How about answering that point, rather than pissing in the wind?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
They also locked horns for a crappy game. I turned it off. The weather didn't help them either.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

And as a Brit you would know this. Calling posters liars because they don't agree with your convoluted and negative opinions doesn't exactly exhibit a refinished and polished mind.

Better to stick with people you live with and maybe understand better. Calling other posters liars is so low class and demeaning their education is disgusting. Surely, as well written as you have shown to be in the past, you can come up with more meaningful and appropriate commenting. Really.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

And they have punished the fans by doing no Lambeau Leaps.

"The next time you make it to the end zone, act like you’ve been there before.”
-Vince Lombardi

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Justso,

Its not my OPINION that people who love their country have involved themselves in protest, but a fact. It IS a lie that everyone protesting is weak, lost, or hates America. That is, factually speaking, a lie, and one which one could only utter in deliberate falsehood, not mistaken identity, so well documented are the examples of people who clearly love their country, being involved with these protests.

And as for your protest at my tone and my delivery, I will tell you what...

No. People have been saying for years that they are sick of the P.C. crap. Well, how about that? Your lot removed civility from the discussion in much more hallowed spaces than this website, and I am damned to hell and back if I am going to let THAT mistake go unhighlighted. If you do not like my delivery, and you would like to see a return to that which I have involved myself with in the past, then you can make DAMNED sure that every fascist, racist apologist, Nazi scumbag in this place, shuts the hell up and goes the hell home, because you know what? Those people asked for this, and a whole lot worse, and their complaining about it just makes me more determined to show them what a total lack of political correctness looks like, and how unprepared they are to be told their fortunes without a filter.

I am quite capable of much worse, I can assure you. Some words are not the half of it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Locking arms; do they know why they are doing this?

I have money on some players think its protesting the same thing as kneeling. I hope not.

Whether that reason is Colin's vague protest, or the blowback against trump saying "SoB", or just freespeech for the sake of free speech, or is it black Genocide, et al. I dont think anyone has the same reason if cornered for an answer.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

originally posted by: Lurker1

And they have punished the fans by doing no Lambeau Leaps.

"The next time you make it to the end zone, act like you’ve been there before.”
-Vince Lombardi

That's irrelevant. Recent behavior proves they punished the fans by refusing to interact in the usual way, the Lambeau Leap after TDs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join