It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE arrests over 450 on federal immigration charges during Operation ‘Safe City

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
ICE on the move and they have arrested quite a few people for "immigration" law violations.

Looks like many in areas where ICE is being jilted by local authorities.

Must be more agents on hand I would think.

They must have some investigative info to find these people.

The "Primary" targets are criminals.

ICE arrests over 450 on federal immigration charges during Operation ‘Safe City

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Fugitive Operations teams arrested 498 individuals from 42 countries for federal immigration violations in multiple cities across the U.S. during a four-day operation that ended Wednesday. Operation ‘Safe City’ focused on cities and regions where ICE deportation officers are denied access to jails and prisons to interview suspected immigration violators or jurisdictions where ICE detainers are not honored.

The operation targeted individuals who have violated U.S. immigration laws, prioritizing aliens with criminal convictions, pending criminal charges, known gang members and affiliates, immigration fugitives and those who re-entered the U.S. after deportation. Individuals with active DACA were not targeted for arrest.

“Sanctuary jurisdictions that do not honor detainers or allow us access to jails and prisons are shielding criminal aliens from immigration enforcement and creating a magnet for illegal immigration,” said ICE Acting Director Tom Homan. “As a result, ICE is forced to dedicate more resources to conduct at-large arrests in these communities.”

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

About damn time the immigrations laws are upheld!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
They'll only be locked up as long as it takes for a liberal mob to form outside the jail and storm the place.

This is actually a step in the right direction. Though I hope the immigrants are not ill-treated, people need to obey the laws of the lands in which they wish to live!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Excellent!
Flood the "sanctuary" areas with agents to root out these criminals.
And if there isn't enough agents to go around, deputize law abiding, concealed gun carriers to help.
Kind of like Uber for illegal immigrants.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

i think its funny places declare sanctuary city or state. i mean, its not funny, its bad, but its kinda like the medical pot thing. just cause the state says its legal doesn't matter when the Feds decide its still illegal. im behind them 100% this time though.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I am glad they are focusing on the illegals that have committed additional crimes.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
so, I wonder how long it will be before the illegals stop trusting these cities and states that proclaim themselves to be safe havens for illegals?

for now these cities and states that proclaim themselves as sanctuaries for illegals makes it easy for ICE to catch the illegals but that won`t last forever eventually the illegals will figure it out that sanctuary cities are a no go zone and they`ll flock to smaller towns which will make it harder for ICE to catch them.
edit on 29-9-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
so, I wonder how long it will be before the illegals stop trusting these cities and states that proclaim themselves to be safe havens for illegals?

for now these cities and states that proclaim themselves as sanctuaries for illegals makes it easy for ICE to catch the illegals but that won`t last forever eventually the illegals will figure it out that sanctuary cities are a no go zone and they`ll flock to smaller towns which will make it harder for ICE to catch them.

True that, nothing like going to the fish barrel for the fish. It might take a while but illegal immigrants will try to hide in non-sanctuary cities.....or go back to their home country.

If immigration laws would have been upheld for Mexican nationals throughout the years, we wouldn't be having many of these issues with DACA and the wall etc. I know that for citizens from some other countries, they are watched like a hawk from INS and other agencies. I knew a gal and her family legally in the US from somewhere in Asia and months before their Visa's expired, they had been contacted and confirmation was made of their plan of exit back to the country from which they came. They wanted to fight it but didn't have the money so they did leave and go back.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Feel bad for the good people who came in for work and to make a better life for their families...as far as the criminals go send them home...we need room for the people of Puerto Rico...If ding dong Trump does a good job maybe we can have a balance of new voters who come into the United States that can objectively look at both sides of this horrible two party system that ignores the middle vote...

edit on 29-9-2017 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

The other issue is what happened to some or all of the inmates during the storm...does our criminal back ground check include or brothers and sisters in Puerto Rico...
edit on 29-9-2017 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

top topics

join