It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bias in the liberal media in Austin, Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Your point wasn't really much of a point because people have been talking about and writing books about all kinds of media bias throughout history, and that's ignoring the fact that what Orwell said about his version of the left wing is not a commentary on today's version in America.
edit on 9/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Logarock

What you don't seem to get is that the OP is complaining about them being biased when it's pretty clear he too is biased and just doesn't like that they pulled his comments.

It's total projection. Everyone must be biased because they don't agree with your own bias, in other words.

Just look at all the anti-left posts on here today. (Must be a slow news day.) Just posts of personal bias and hate blaming everything on liberals and the left like usual. But of course those doing it don't see that as biased at all. It's perfectly rational.

Of course my comments are biased. I'ts my OPINION which is my COMMENT. That is irrelevant to my point. This publication purports to be unbiased but at the same time censoring comments which is not in agreement with it. Would you like me to post my other deleted comments to prove that to you?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

a reply to: BeenieWeenie

First of all, paragraphs. Paragraphs are good and help for easy reading.

Next, did your posts violate their terms of service or not??? I'm guessing they did which is why they were deleted.

So if you broke the rules how are they in the wrong here???

He only broke the cardinal rule: Don't disagree or condemn any evils that liberal media affiliates and pundits do, which is constantly LYING and misrepresenting ALL FACTS to conform with the liberal agenda.

This has been going on for so long now that everyone, even little children know it. The only people that deny this axiom are people under the delusion that if they deny these things, it will somehow make the lies become true and eventually their agenda will win the day.

It isn't going to work EVER. (well, I partially take that back, it IS working, but only for the liberal group mind hive thing.) They believe in it as truth.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

What you don't seem to get is that the OP is complaining about them being biased when it's pretty clear he too is biased and just doesn't like that they pulled his comments.

It's total projection. Everyone must be biased because they don't agree with your own bias, in other words.

Just look at all the anti-left posts on here today. (Must be a slow news day.) Just posts of personal bias and hate blaming everything on liberals and the left like usual. But of course those doing it don't see that as biased at all. It's perfectly rational.

media outlets should be like town halls. the media entity itself (in this case the Austin Whatever) should provide fair and non partisan, nonbiased information, and allow readers to comment and interpret, which means promoting a point of view. letters to the editor are rarely neutral.
OP is suggesting that the paper is printing liberal slanted news and pulling the plug on him when he tries to comment or analyze. they make their (leftist) points, he is not allowed to counter.
I've noticed that a lot of leftist media outlets won't allow or show comments on their online articles.

yes, there are some conservatively-slanted media outlets, but the leftist ones way outnumber.

I disagree. The media should produce whatever they so choose, bias and all, and it is on the readers to take the initiative to fact check/research to find the truth of the matter. Unfortunately, and this is something too many people have a hard time understanding, the truth sometimes has a bias. The truth can benefit a certain political lean from time to time and that is all too often interpreted as bias on the media's part.

The media is not the problem here. It's the people that are too lazy to think for themselves, research for themselves, and complain when the media doesn't spoonfeed them their bias of choice.
edit on 28-9-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: ElGoobero

media outlets should be like town halls. the media entity itself (in this case the Austin Whatever) should provide fair and non partisan, nonbiased information, and allow readers to comment and interpret, which means promoting a point of view. letters to the editor are rarely neutral.
OP is suggesting that the paper is printing liberal slanted news and pulling the plug on him when he tries to comment or analyze. they make their (leftist) points, he is not allowed to counter.
I've noticed that a lot of leftist media outlets won't allow or show comments on their online articles.

yes, there are some conservatively-slanted media outlets, but the leftist ones way outnumber.

I disagree. The media should produce whatever they so choose, bias and all, and it is on the readers to take the initiative to fact check/research to find the truth of the matter. Unfortunately, and this is something too many people have a hard time understanding, the truth sometimes has a bias. The truth benefits a certain political lean and that is all too often interpreted as bias on the media's part.

The media is not the problem here. It's the people that are too lazy to think for themselves, research for themselves, and complain when the media doesn't spoonfeed them their bias of choice.

Whoa, that's the point of my original post. It is totally fine with me if a publication takes on one slant or the other. My point is twofold 1. that a publication that takes on one "side" should not espouse itself as being objective and neutral and 2. that a publications says that it welcomes all comments even though it censors and deletes comments that do not follow it's agenda.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Whoa, that's the point of my original post.

I did not see anything in your OP that articulated any comparable point.

1. that a publication that takes on one "side" should not espouse itself as being objective and neutral

That goes well beyond just the liberal media. So why did you just focus on the liberal media?

2. that a publications says that it welcomes all comments even though it censors and deletes comments that do not follow it's agenda.

If you engaged them in intelligent discourse and presented your arguments with fact and civility, perhaps your posts would stand. The exchange in the OP suggests you are not doing so.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

In other words, only you know what the truth is and therefore when you disagree with others they must be lying.

Got it.

It must be very comforting to always think you know the truth and have it all figured out and everyone you disagree with is wrong and evil.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Your point wasn't really much of a point because people have been talking about and writing books about all kinds of media bias throughout history, and that's ignoring the fact that what Orwell said about his version of the left wing is not a commentary on today's version in America.

The world doesn’t begin and end at American borders, and my point was that left-wing bias has applied longer and further than the circumference of your little bubble.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I should add that the two major television stations in town have not deleted my EXACT same posts in regards to the exact same stories. Again, my major complaint is of a publication (AAS) stating that they are unbiased while at the same time deleting/censoring comments that are against it's narrative.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

and my point was that left-wing bias has applied longer and further than the circumference of your little bubble.

Of course. So has the "Right Wing" bias and their media publications.

Not sure why we should focus on one over the other.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You're still missing the point I'm making somehow, I don't know if It's wilful ignorance or you being too proud to admit you messed up.

The world doesn’t begin and end at American borders

Which left wing are we talking about in this particular thread though, mid 20th century England's or today's left wing in America?

Was the left wing that Orwell knew of the same as the left wing that is being discussed in the OP? Did the left wing of mid 20th century England share the same exact values and ideologies as the left wing being discussed in this thread? NO! So your "point" is moot.

I have a feeling you're just acting ignorant on purpose. There's no way someone as smart as you is that dumb.
edit on 9/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
what messages did you leave that got deleted?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

In other words, only you know what the truth is and therefore when you disagree with others they must be lying.

Got it.

It must be very comforting to always think you know the truth and have it all figured out and everyone you disagree with is wrong and evil.

Nope, my point was that the severe bias in the liberal media has become so overwhelmingly obvious that everyone can see straight through the manipulation attempts and recognize it for the lie that it is. Seems you have supported them only because you want what they preach to be true, and in doing so, have begun doing the same thing they do, which is manipulate what others do and say, and then recreate this through your own use of words so that it conforms to your preferred narrative.

And then when people come along and point that out to you, just like the OP shows, come back and claim that knowing the truth is some far fetched idea. That proves that those who chronically support lies truly believe that lies cannot be distinguished from the truth if the lies are good. What all the liars are missing is that No lie is ever good enough, and will always be at the bottom of the food chain.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
you guys say liberal media bias is overwhelming... but how about some examples of it, like for example, from today's evening news out of any of the major tv networks? abc, nbc, cbs, pbs? not counting msnbc cnn or fox news, since those are infotainment programs.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I'm not supporting anything. I'm simply questioning or pointing out your own bias and how it could be skewing your take on things. After all, it was you who wrote this:

Don't disagree or condemn any evils that liberal media affiliates and pundits do, which is constantly LYING and misrepresenting ALL FACTS to conform with the liberal agenda.

Obviously in your opinion All Liberal Media is a Lie without any facts. Which is what my comment was about. That it must be comforting to think you always know the truth and that those you disagree with are always lying.

I never said said I agreed or disagreed with anyone. But you obviously have a heavy bias yourself which you seem unable to account for because of your beliefs.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

and my point was that left-wing bias has applied longer and further than the circumference of your little bubble.

Of course. So has the "Right Wing" bias and their media publications.

Not sure why we should focus on one over the other.

Their tactics, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes the left wing meant the same thing in Orwell’s time.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Prove it.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Prove it.

Prove it to yourself.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Austin is a far left town these days, more along the lines of californian cities. Just par for the course I think. Ive been around Austin for a while. Its always been liberal but is currently caught up in the sjw madness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join