It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler shoots two toddlers at a day care

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks!

Looking at this from the perspective of a lifelong gun owner and hunter who keeps all weapons unloaded, locked up and ammunition locked up in second place for safety, who does not even have any kids in my home I'm appalled.

This is about the people, not the guns. The responsible adults need to do some jail time, have their right to own weapons removed and never allowed to care for children again.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Gitmo is candy land compared to this place.

The guys down there never get to play with guns.

True, maybe with his fabulous firearms skills we should try to get him into sniper school instead.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Maybe some irresponsible adult was messing around with the gun when it went off, so to save their own skin blamed it on the 3 yr old kid.
edit on 28-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

That I can believe. I don't care if accidently went off. So irresponsible. grr.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

Think how often this sort of thing happens in the mid east I
don't see many smart radical muslims. Or countries in indo china
with no stable gov. Weapons and kids seem to be a common mix.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks!

Looking at this from the perspective of a lifelong gun owner and hunter who keeps all weapons unloaded, locked up and ammunition locked up in second place for safety, who does not even have any kids in my home I'm appalled.

This is about the people, not the guns. The responsible adults need to do some jail time, have their right to own weapons removed and never allowed to care for children again.

I am in total agreement. I am a big 2A advocate, but I am also big on safety. Owning a gun is a huge responsibility. This is ridiculously irresponsible and they should be charged.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical1972
a reply to: ADSE255

That I can believe. I don't care if accidently went off. So irresponsible. grr.

Very irresponsible. People nowadays have little to no regard for others. And no moral responsibility. These were little kids. There is no excuse for the dimwits in charge when this happened.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I still remember the harsh but important lessons from my father in the late 60's just before I was given my first rifle.

Never leave it loaded and always keep it locked away.
Never shoot any animal you are not going to eat or point it at anyone you are not ready to kill in self defense.

Simple lessons about things that should be obvious to anyone who is not an idiot.

How anyone could leave a loaded weapon where a child could get it is beyond me.
I hope the proverbial book is thrown at them.
edit on 9/28/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

If be interested to hear about paraffin test results.

My guess this was an accidental discharge blamed on one of the kids to avoid culpability.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

NVM
edit on 29-9-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

This is absolutely diabolical.

Just appalling. I am all for people having and exercising their right to bear arms, but there are responsibilities which come with ownership of ANY potentially dangerous tool. Whether we are talking about swords, knives, axes, hammers, chisels, guns, or anything else which, improperly operated, could cause harm or death, ownership of these items bestows responsibility upon the owner.

The owner failed MASSIVELY in their responsibility with regard to gun ownership, but also failed enormously in their responsibility toward the children, and somewhere along the line, someone needs to be going to jail over this. This incident is exactly why safe storage of weapons is crucial, especially in a house containing little children.

Absolutely shocking state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I have a lot of things about this... But am on way now to police and fire/civic center... Am gonna dig into this with officer friends...... Will advise from the inside.... Thanks

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Add another couple 00s to that.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Add another couple 00s to that.

You got it Dean Wormer.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I could see a child picking up a gun out of curiosity, and then accidentally pulling the trigger. But to be able to shoot two people "accidentally" sounds suspicious to me. A three year old would not be able to handle the recoil of a firearm, let alone the shock of the sudden bang. Or maybe I'm wrong in assuming multiple shots were fired, as it is possible for a single shot to pass through one body and enter another.

Whatever the case, it's just sad.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienOutlaw
A three year old would not be able to handle the recoil of a firearm...

Depends on the firearm, if it were my noisy cricket, the Beretta .28, you would think it was a cap gun.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
We recently came under ownership of 2 .22 rifles, I made Ad mount the gun rack above the front door where there is no chance in hell of our 2 year old reaching them, with locks so they can't be fired IF he manages to scale 9 feet of wall. Also unloaded, so if he manages to find the hidden bullets, scale the wall, and unlock the trigger, he still can't hurt anyone. EVEN with that being done, I said no friends, no other children that aren't ours in the house- not to play, not to spend the night, not to eat snacks, not for a damn thing until we have a full sized gun safe. If something happens with our child that's on us, tragic enough, I'm not taking the added chance of someone else's kids getting hurt in our house.

God damnit this makes me so F mad. My dad's a LEO so I was raised about the dangers of guns, how easy it would be to accidentally kill one of my siblings, how easy girlfriends get killed accidently at parties because some bozo wants to show off their guns (and I encountered that several times in life and each time I was the lame ass buzzkill who said put the #ing guns away and stop pointing them all over the room or I'm leaving period we don't need to see your crap until you need to use it and only then) or how easy it would be for them to access dads guns if he didn't have a safe. As I got older, so did my dad. He would tell me to always check his work bag after he came home and went for a nap to make sure he didn't leave the gun in the bag (to look out for my younger siblings) and I can think of only 2 times in my life he left the gun in his work bag by the front door after going to take a nap. I can only imagine what if my little brother would have seen it before I did? These are things people need to be super conscious about. Guns don't belong anywhere near babies, but if you must have them in your house for whatever reason, as we recently have, then you have to understand the possibilities and be prepared to be held accountable when something goes wrong.

These things just make me think about my life and what we've done to avoid these types of tragedies in our home and what we can do going forward. I feel bad for everyone involved but clearly the gun owner made some very serious mistakes that they can't ever take back.

AGHHH this makes me want to scream.

-Alee
edit on 9/29/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Obviously the answer to this is more guns.

If toddler's were allowed to carry guns things like this would not happen.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
We recently came under ownership of 2 .22 rifles, I made Ad mount the gun rack above the front door where there is no chance in hell of our 2 year old reaching them, with locks so they can't be fired IF he manages to scale 9 feet of wall. Also unloaded, so if he manages to find the hidden bullets, scale the wall, and unlock the trigger, he still can't hurt anyone. EVEN with that being done, I said no friends, no other children that aren't ours in the house- not to play, not to spend the night, not to eat snacks, not for a damn thing until we have a full sized gun safe. If something happens with our child that's on us, tragic enough, I'm not taking the added chance of someone else's kids getting hurt in our house.
-Alee

This is a great post illustrating gun safety. Right when you think "there's no way my child could get to it", you need to make a backup plan in case you're wrong. You're risking your child's life on a bet that you have a fantastic imagination and there's no possible way you could have missed something. So yes, just keeping it unloaded is not good enough. A backup to your backup to your backup is being religious about safety, which is what you should be if you have kids in your house. Bravo.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienOutlaw
I could see a child picking up a gun out of curiosity, and then accidentally pulling the trigger. But to be able to shoot two people "accidentally" sounds suspicious to me. A three year old would not be able to handle the recoil of a firearm, let alone the shock of the sudden bang. Or maybe I'm wrong in assuming multiple shots were fired, as it is possible for a single shot to pass through one body and enter another.

Whatever the case, it's just sad.

It was most likely a case of the round passing through the first child and striking the 2nd child. There was really no details in the article. Maybe the kid that fired the gun had his hand in front of the muzzle, so it went through his hand and hit another child. There's all kinds of ways it could have happened.

That said, a full investigation is warranted and no matter how the details play out, the irresponsible adults need to be charged.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join