It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War with North Korea appears to be happening soon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Are you all ready for a war? Don't Know. Ask your grandparents.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
I expect between now and mid-October more provocations from North Korea followed by tough language from the US and allies in the region. Harsh condemnations from the international community, joint military drills and nothing significant will actually happen.

There is NO viable military option on North Korea, unless they actually attack leaving no other option but to respond militarily it is going to be this way for a long time.

imo

Looks like you're right about that Mid-October estimate. A BIG HOLIDAY CELEBRATION (yes...ANOTHER holiday, LOL) will be occurring around October 10th. It's the Communist Party anniversary!

SEVERAL North Korean missiles were recently spotted moved from a rocket facility in the capital Pyongyang, South Korea’s Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) reported late on Friday.

The report cited an unnamed intelligence source saying South Korean and US intelligence detected missiles being transported away from North Korea’s Missile Research and Development Facility at Sanum-dong in the northern part of Pyongyang.

The missiles could be either intermediate range Hwasong-12 or intercontinental ballistic Hwasong-14 missiles, according to the report, though the missile facility at Sanum-dong has been dedicated to the production of intercontinental ballistic missiles.

South Korean officials have voiced concerns that North Korea could conduct more provocative acts near the anniversary of the founding of its communist party on October 10, or possibly when China holds its Communist Party Congress on October 18th.
Source: www.news.com.au...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I don't think a limited strike to take out Kim or his nuclear program can work. There would have to also be a large bombing operation to take out the thousands of artillery pieces in the mountains that threaten Seoul. The artillery is hidden in the mountains and protected behind blast doors and wheeled out on rails when used. The mountains that they are built into are composed mainly of granite making them very well protected and very difficult to quickly destroy.

Considering the fact there are thousands of underground tunnels, bunkers and other facilities in North Korea, this would be a difficult and lengthy conflict between nuclear armed opponents. Kim strikes me as defiant and stubborn and very likely to go out with big bangs rather than quietly.

edit on 30-9-2017 by Tomcat1970 because: missing text

edit on 30-9-2017 by Tomcat1970 because: spelling errors

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tomcat1970
Kim strikes me as defiant and stubborn and very likely to go out with big bangs rather than quietly.

What about a single BIG BANG that sends him to where his Father and Grandfather are?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tomcat1970..................... Kim strikes me as defiant and stubborn and very likely to go out with big bangs rather than quietly.

Agreed. Kim comes across as someone who'd be willing to take everyone around him down the abyss if cornered with no way out.

Given Trump's innate ability to shoot off his mouth, it won't take much to get this war going. Especially if he keeps repeating what he said the other day. Something like "they won't be around much longer."

Statements like that are bound to make Kim think he's about to get attacked. What a tragedy it would be if WW3 starts because of a mistake over words.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Tomcat1970
Kim strikes me as defiant and stubborn and very likely to go out with big bangs rather than quietly.

What about a single BIG BANG that sends him to where his Father and Grandfather are?

It may come to that as well. We certainly can expect espionage and black ops to be happening on the Korean peninsula in the mean time.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I don't think we have long to wait for an outcome to all this unfortunately. If its misunderstood words or a hidden agenda. I'm out of reach of mushrooms where I am but I'm sorted. The only thing I have to worry about is the predominantly westerly winds. Cheer's to the big boys,if it happens

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm going out on a limb and calling it now.

When the Chinese Communist Party convenes on October 18th for it's People's Congress to reelect President and Censor-in-chief Xi Jinping, DPRK will launch a missile at someone (maybe Guam), the US WILL SHOOT it down claiming it was aimed at (insert name here) and then launch a retaliatory strike. China will not be able to effectively or quickly respond while such a large transfer of power is happening (complete replacement of politburo is likely during this congress).

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Send COATS IN ACU CAMO .remember COTTON KILLS and synthetics SAVE.
Your govts equipment MAY BE DIFFICIENT(Don't get ME started on NBC gear and WHEN people decided to TURN off the noisy M8,chemical weapon alarms) and care packages are a welcome hand ,THIS IS in our defense .
We SHOULD have concluded this at the time instead of DRAWING it out so long.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
In order to drastically increase the likelihood of surviving a nuclear attack, live away from areas that provide targets of opportunity or strategic value. These areas include: strategic missile sites and military bases, government centers like Washington, DC and capitals, transportation hubs and communication centers.

readylifestyle.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadyLifestyle
In order to drastically increase the likelihood of surviving a nuclear attack, live away from areas that provide targets of opportunity or strategic value. These areas include: strategic missile sites and military bases, government centers like Washington, DC and capitals, transportation hubs and communication centers.

readylifestyle.com...

That's good advice, but the bio/chem just blows with the wind. Nukes are just a small part of the equation with the coming Trump wars. Even halfassed little nations can brew some toxic sh1T in funky little labs with chemist barely out of highschool.

There's also a negative side....
edit on 30-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadyLifestyle

We are well out of the way if striking distance in nz,so I'm happy drinking cold ones for now. But if norks roll in,I'm quite happy to do what I need to do to feed my family. Hot boning a cattle beats takes a few hours,not so much a guy with a gun. And yep ,I'll show them nothing will go to waste,not even the bullets I get for free. War doesn't bother me. Please send a few down here,we are a nation of past cannibals anyway,free stupid food tastes the best.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
4.7 million signing up to fight really doesn't do any good without being able to arm and feed them.

Do you suppose China is unable to arm and feed them?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I hate to say this, but we will either fight them now or later. Later he might have several dozen ICBMS with thermonuclear warheads.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I think the poster meant America would launch the first strike
If WW3 starts, we will all be the losers

And the blame game will be a very moot point if that happens

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyrokuda

It is funny we do not hear much about PNAC anymore - Project for New American Century

Make no mistake about this war people, it is war led by Globalists who are all part of PNAC, not Nationalists.
We are only over there to protect global interests, not national interests

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Even if we decimate the North Korean Leadership, there will be the cleanup and stabilization afterwards, and that is one thing we suck at.

The country is worse than when we started

So will the PNAC Globalists allow what is left of North Korea to China after the "war" is over?

I highly doubt it, there is a lot of crony contracts and money to be made to "pay" for the war is what we will be told.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The world right now looks a lot like it did right before WW1 IMO.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
I'm going out on a limb and calling it now.

When the Chinese Communist Party convenes on October 18th for it's People's Congress to reelect President and Censor-in-chief Xi Jinping, DPRK will launch a missile at someone (maybe Guam), the US WILL SHOOT it down claiming it was aimed at (insert name here) and then launch a retaliatory strike. China will not be able to effectively or quickly respond while such a large transfer of power is happening (complete replacement of politburo is likely during this congress).

We are definitely headed to a military solution. Last night, the State Department declared that DIPLOMACY is not working. This morning, President Trump followed up on that, by telling S.O.S. Rex Tillerson that he's "wasting his time", like all prior Secretaries before him.

State Dept.- NK Wont Talk: thehill.com...

Trump - Rex is Wasting His Time: news.sky.com...
edit on 10/1/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Here's one way North Korea is raising cash. Selling lots of weapons to countries. Egypt is supposed to be ANTI-North Korea, but here we have a ship full of weapons that was intercepted enroute from NK to Egypt.

www.msn.com... cid=spartanntp

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join