It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Surrounds Metal Towers Popping Up By Tunnels & Bridges in NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Ah new secret towers. After toll booths went down towers went up in NY. The MTA board members, who I would imagine had to vote for the towers, didn't know what they are for.
A $100,000,000 project that no one knows or will say what they are for. What is funny is half the money is spent.

When the MTA chairman was pressed, he said something about fiber optics about Home land Security. But when asked about facial recognition being a part of the new towers, he said he is not at liberty to discuss that.

newyork.cbslocal.com...
CBS2 demanded answers from MTA Chairman Joe Lhota.

Carlin: “Some of your own board members say they don’t know the specifics.”

Lhota: “The base of these new pieces that are going up include whatever fiber optics are necessary for those Homeland Security items.”

In other words, anti-terror technology. Could that one day include facial recognition? We don’t know and Lhota won’t say.

“I’m not at liberty to discuss that,” he told Carlin.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I do not understand that people accept this kind of dodging when 100 million of their tax dollars are being spent. If you ask me "they" are preparing for what is to come.. Just like "they" prepared the twin towers under the disguise of elevator repairs and other maintenance. Unacceptable how these civilservants feel justified to not answer reasonable and necessary questions. Unbelievable...how people have become really weak in their minds..no follow-up protests.. I really hope that someone with authority and charisma will soon step forward and will be able to wake people up.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I'm right there with you. The money the mil indust complex throws around is endless and un accounted for.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You are looking to ask the wrong people for the answer. That is the problem. People constructed these towers, people developed and built whatever resides in these towers. Find out who they are, and get to them directly. They are the ones with the answers. Expecting a politician to be smart enough to have the answer to anything is a hopeless endeavor.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i live in weeahawken. scumbags. yeah the nyc schools and jersey city schools could not use the 100 million??? i hate the inter-nationalists running things.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It looks possible that the things enclosed in shutters are cameras, with night vision capability, perhaps with substantial clarity, enough to ID say, cars at least. It could be for anything, but the obvious one is automatic tolling...they read the reg' you get the bill.

In edit, it's not even a mystery per se, it was reported in the local NY papers last year...and to do with automatic tolling alright...the cost was actually given then as $500million, not $100million.

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 28-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

And I used to think I lived in a free society.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Already posted by dashen - Mystery Surrounds Metal Towers Popping Up In Tunnels & Bridges.

Almost the exact same thread name

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
But hey, comedians and NFL players pose the greatest threat to American freedoms.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Yes, this story reads like a----"meanwhile in NY 18 secret towers at a cost of $100,000,000 are going up. But back to the NFL kneeling."

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As noted above this thread already exists here on ATS and can be found Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue discussion in the existing thread as this one is closed

new topics

top topics

join