It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*California* calls election hacking fake news

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You might remember a report from last Friday, where the Department of Homeland Security claimed that Russia has targeted the election systems of 21 states. Earlier this week, they quietly informed Wisconsin that the earlier report was wrong, and no the Russians did not hack Wisconsin's voting system.

Now, California's Secretary of State is calling out the DHS on their phony report.

“Last Friday, my office was notified by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that Russian cyber actors 'scanned' California’s Internet-facing systems in 2016, including Secretary of State websites. Following our request for further information, it became clear that DHS’ conclusions were wrong.”

“DHS confirmed that Russian scanning activity had actually occurred on the California Department of Technology statewide network, not any Secretary of State website. Based on this additional information, California voters can further rest assured that the California Secretary of State elections infrastructure and websites were not hacked or breached by Russian cyber actors.”

“Our notification from DHS last Friday was not only a year late, it also turned out to be bad information. To make matters worse, the Associated Press similarly reported that DHS has reversed itself and 'now says Russia didn’t target Wisconsin’s voter registration system,' which is contrary to previous briefings.”

I'm sure the left will still cling desperately to the idea of Russian hacking, but even California is calling bull# on it.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If it's so easy to hack the American election system anyone would do it.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sam4Berns

Ha, ha, Democrats do it in damn near every election, in at least 1 or more states. Its been going on since Johnson voted dead people in Texas to get Kennedy elected.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

You must be really upset at having to choose to support California or the Federal government.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Stop getting your rhetoric mixed up. Trump supporters are the ones who are saying the election was tampered with. The left is mad that the Russians hacked the DNC and used illegally obtained information to steer American opinions and disrupt our election with fake news.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Get your story straight 😁it wasnt the DNC hacks that caused Trump and 3rd party support...it was the Democrat candidate, nothing more.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If you don't want to be hacked you probably shouldn't hire people from a somewhat hostile country to run your servers. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You must be really upset at having to choose to support California or the Federal government.

LMAO. Yeah, it's a bit like having to choose between gouging out my eyes or cutting off my nuts.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Pretty hard to hide those shredder trucks that were spotted outside election headquarters in San Diego.

Those weren't Russian, lol.

A thread about Ca...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I always believed that Russia did hack things to gain information, almost every government seems to be doing that as normal business now. But I don't think Russia did anything with that information in this case, they were more curious as to what was going to happen. I do believe that the Russians did have plants trying to sway elections over to Trump because they did not like Hillary. I do not think that did much at all though. I think Hillary actually lost because of her past actions and her deceptive coverups of her screwups. She thought using the female card would help her, well using that card made me think she should not be president. People saw through her lies. Women I know would have voted for her if she was honest and sincere, they saw her as way to pushy and someone who would say or do anything to get ahead.

A lot more people I know voted third party this year, not wanting Hillary or Trump. I only voted for Trump so Hillary would not get in, I saw Trump as the lesser of two evils.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Pretty hard to hide those shredder trucks that were spotted outside election headquarters in San Diego.

Those weren't Russian, lol.

A thread about Ca...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Illegals voted...there is no doubt in my mind that they not only voted in CA, they were encouraged to do so. It is all going to come out soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Well that's funny.

Since the popular vote went to Clinton.

So I wonder why Russia hacked the machines to give Clinton more votes than Trump.

The MaCarthists really don't get how idiotic they all sound.

edit on 28-9-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Was this DHS report based on the fact the hacks occurred during normal business hours in Moscow? Because we all know hackers only work 9-5.

Not to mention they are only stationed in Moscow, and have no facilities in any of the other 10 time zones in Russia.
edit on 28 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I've heard that they lost the elections because the Electoral College elected Trump. Rumors ?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I've heard that they lost the elections because the Electoral College elected Trump. Rumors ?

An inconvenient truth.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Well that's funny.

Since the popular vote went to Clinton.

So I wonder why Russia hacked the machines to give Clinton more votes than Trump.

The MaCarthists really don't get how idiotic they all sound.

They wanted Hillary to win and tried to help her to destroy America, when that somehow failed they have turned on Russia even though they helped them SO MUCH!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I am confused, did the DHS say that 21 states were targeted and most were not breached? So wouldnt that make California one of the states that wasnt breached?

Does Zerohedge actually think its readers are that stupid?.... Never mind read some of the comments on their site. They are indeed that dumb.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Funny I see all this crap that supposedly happens here,I would like to know where? I think only ones believing are the ones who think we all have swimmin pools and movie stars,liberals always fall for fake news

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Funny I see all this crap that supposedly happens here,I would like to know where? I think only ones believing are the ones who think we all have swimmin pools and movie stars,liberals always fall for fake news

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
I am confused, did the DHS say that 21 states were targeted and most were not breached? So wouldnt that make California one of the states that wasnt breached?

Does Zerohedge actually think its readers are that stupid?.... Never mind read some of the comments on their site. They are indeed that dumb.

Go back and actually read the article. I'll wait.
OK, please note these salient points:

Both Wisconsin and California were initially told that the Russians had targeted their election system. That was totally false: It wasn't Russia and they weren't targeting election-related systems (just the state computer networks in general).

IOW, the DHS report was classic fake news designed to make headlines. At least the DHS had the intellectual honesty to retract the false report.

But in a stunning reversal - one which we doubt will put endless rumors of Russian cyberinterference to bed - the AP now reports that DHS has told Wisconsin that the Russian government was not involved in the cyber-targeting.

In an email to the state’s deputy elections administrator that was provided to reporters at the Wisconsin Elections Commission meeting on Tuesday, Homeland Security said that initial notice of Russian involvement was made in error.

edit on 29-9-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join