It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't worry Child see Heavens got a plan for you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

edit on 29-9-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I am seeing a pattern here. None of you are even trying to explain how this study has anything to do with the supernatural, but you were all happy to go with that notion. Even though it has nothing to do with it.

Please somebody explain

As I said - Religion and Science - it's a marriage made in Heaven - don't ya think?
I don't see how they are compatable at all. Religion relies on faith and science relies on empirical observation. Would you care to explain?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC

I am seeing a pattern here. None of you are even trying to explain how this study has anything to do with the supernatural, but you were all happy to go with that notion. Even though it has nothing to do with it.

Please somebody explain

As I said - Religion and Science - it's a marriage made in Heaven - don't ya think?
I don't see how they are compatable at all. Religion relies on faith and science relies on empirical observation. Would you care to explain?

What a great question. I think the Religion vs Science debate deserves a thread all of it's own. For now and before I address your question in a way that will better explain my views.I will leave you with a quote I like from Carl Sagan -- “Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light‐years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. So are our emotions in the presence of great art or music or literature, or acts of exemplary selfless courage such as those of Mohandas Gandhi or Martin Luther King, Jr. The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both.”

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I prefer the Postmodern Jukebox Cover.

I don't think Light is conscious, conscious denotes self awareness, lights just aware of everything but itself

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nemonimity
I prefer the Postmodern Jukebox Cover.

I don't think Light is conscious, conscious denotes self awareness, lights just aware of everything but itself

That version is brilliant. That has just made my Saturday evening . I beg to differ on the Light thing though....
edit on 30-9-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Yet the firmament that contains our whole universe, as well as our own hearts are wrapped in darkness.

Maybe that is why this parable is very seldom touched on.

Mt 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: DpatC

Yet the firmament that contains our whole universe, as well as our own hearts are wrapped in darkness.

Maybe that is why this parable is very seldom touched on.

Mt 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Also interesting to note that our pineal glands are covered in melanin (link) - a pigment that absorbs 99.9% of photon energy.

Also interesting to note that Jacob saw God at Peniel (Gen 32:30).

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
YOU have a plan for YOURSELF.

You just erased your memory prior to this life experience.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
YOU have a plan for YOURSELF.

You just erased your memory prior to this life experience.

if forgetting means to not know, then knowledge is to remember

-Plato

And Jehovah God saith to the woman, 'What is this thou hast done?' and the woman saith, 'The serpent hath caused me to forget -- and I do eat.'

Since we belong to eternity, we are not learning anything new, but rather, we are remembering where we have always been.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join